Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Neisan_Quetz View Post
    SCH was more mp efficient then Blm (for single target nukes) but unless I'm mistaken pre level cap rise and other adjustments Rdm was able to keep up in damage through nuking more often, unless the target was resistant to magic.
    This is correct. Rog mathed it out ages ago, back when he still played. Up until the 85 cap increase where BLM retroactively got Elemental Celerity, Red Mage won the damage over time race on anything that didn't require a Blm to use a full Elemental Skill+ build on (which Sch would have had issues on too anyways). Being able to cast significantly faster and more often adds up. It's the same notion behind AMII being significantly worse than T4 nukes, etc.
    (0)

Player
    They're having a huge argument over on the PUP forum on AH (of all places) but with Enmity Douse, Manawall and Manawell short of spamming Equanamity/Ebullience or the unknown enmity affect on Emp Body Sch is still behind Blm in overall magic damage/damage mitigation.

Going over it in my head it's not looking close when you factor in wall/douse/well/convert combo.
    (0)
    Last edited by Neisan_Quetz; 10-03-2011 at 12:38 AM.

Character
    Kitori
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    I never run out of MP on SCH/RDM, I pull hate before I ever get close to running out of mp...and I NEVER EVER use convert. Not even when healing, SCH is too mp effecient.
    (0)

Player
    We are talking about pre level cap raise, you weren't having endless mp back then on Sch.

As of 95 Blm can cap hate from damage on nukes and not care by popping Manawall, drop a free nuke (i.e. Impact for -20% stats on the mob) with Manawell, drop hate when mp low with Enmity Douse, Convert for a new MP bar, resume nuking until capped hate again, You can't.
    (1)

Character
    Alvian
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Neisan_Quetz View Post
    We are talking about pre level cap raise, you weren't having endless mp back then on Sch.

As of 95 Blm can cap hate from damage on nukes and not care by popping Manawall, drop a free nuke (i.e. Impact for -20% stats on the mob) with Manawell, drop hate when mp low with Enmity Douse, Convert for a new MP bar, resume nuking until capped hate again, You can't.
    Yup, before the level cap when Sublimation sucked.
    (0)

Red Mage during ToAU?

1) 100% Best Healer and Enhancer in the game (Lasted until Scars of Abyssea)
    2) 100% Best Soloist in the game (Still true)
    3) 100% Best Nuker over Time in the game (Lasted until Scars of Abyssea and lv85 Blm adjustments, elemental celerity, etc)
    4) 40%~ DD potential compared to any DD worth a damn (Hasn't moved)
    1) Because EXP was the game am I right. Or did I just imagine every endgame event having a WHM as main healer, with a RDM there to refresh the WHM and PLD? It also must be my imagination that RDM had to cast 6 protects and 6 shells before a fight in order to provide the same buffs WHM did with 2 spells...

2.) Its hardly the best, it is however the most diverse. It can nuke/melee But a SCH or BLM can nuke solo faster, a DNC THF or NIN can blink solo better RDM is outclassed in both regards.

3.) Best Nuker over time is correct, however that only comes into discussion on mobs that lived longer than a BLM's MP limits, even then you never brought a group of nuking RDM's to KSNM's you brought BLM's because they were superior.

4.) 40% lol thats as arbitrary as me putting 80%. http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/db/jobs.h...14845248382386 old but relevant. Starfox was able to do 78% of a MNK/NIN That is about 80%. I am sure 40% is true too, but stop using Errant gear. (oh and if you scroll down there is a colibri party parse where starfox did the most damage.)
    (0)
    There is no min only max. Or something like that.

Player
    1. Whm was the best healer but Rdm could main heal much of the same content, this isn't the case anymore.
    2. Agreed
    3. Mp limits? Pre Wotg Blm had no mp regeneration short of... Resting and roughly 1/tick in gear. Bar MP stones/extremely resistant mobs (in which case bringing a blm was stupid anyway) Sch and Rdm had Blm beat in magic damage over time.
    4. Obligatory lolMnk/nin. Also Sams with Haguns at birds. Get that shit out of here.
    (1)

1. What Neisan said. There were also many cases where Red Mage completely floored White Mage even in Endgame healing.

2. Sch and Blm were nowhere near as competent as Red Mage, and Red Mage was able to tackle significantly more powerful monsters than Dancer. Now? Sch, Blm, and Dnc can solo weaker things significantly better than Red Mage. That doesn't mean Red Mage lost its edge on stronger targets, it just means that there are fewer stronger targets that are worth solo'ing.

3. Again, Pre-Abyssea only. And this had nothing to do with MP limits. Over 30 seconds, a Red Mage will have done more magic damage than a Black Mage, regardless of their respective MP pools. It's just a nice bonus that Red Mage has a ton more MP to work with. People brought Black Mages to KS99s because their per-nuke damage was higher, which was more useful when people actually magic bursted. If the Blms were just spamming nukes, then bringing them was a mistake because a competent Red Mage would have done it better.

4. What Neisan said. Mnk/Nin has always been retarded, Haguns on birds is beyond retarded. The Sam was /NIN too? And they had a NIN/WAR there? Those DDs were beyond gimp. At least Gokku provided all relevant information and gearsets for his test, which is where that 40% number was pulled from. Show me a level 75 sync party where the DDs are not complete and utter shit and the Red Mage is doing 80% of any one of their damage and we'll talk.
    (2)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3