Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Player
    Actually, internally we operate a closed forum in exactly the same format as the forum you use and community reps create threads for us internally with the topics they have picked up on. The developers, QA team, community team, and other related personnel are then able to check it out and we can discuss the issues internally.
    I know that "format" is referring to board itself, but I can't help but imagine it referring to the structure of communication instead.

Step 1. Someone posts an awful idea. A really awful idea. A worse idea than equipping the mentally challenged populace with firearms. Perhaps the worst idea ever.

Step 2. People make fun of the idea to the best of their individual abilities. Internet memes may be involved. I wonder what kind of internet memes Japan has?

Step 3. Steps 1 and 2 are repeated indefinitely for lack of anything better to do.

Step 4. Someone posts a decent-to-good idea. People post improvements to the already good idea, to make it even better. There is a brief time of celebration.

Step 5. Head hung low, a realist in the crowd explains that it would take far too much time to develop. There is a brief time of mourning.
    (4)

Suddenly everything makes sense again.

Perfect sense.

Perfect, depressingly horrible sense...

Welcome back, Tanaka-san -_-
    (2)

Character
    Laraul
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 97
    To some of the previous posters...

You people sure know how to make the rest of us look really bad. Why should they listen to us at all sheesh... the world does not revolve around us and no one else. I accept that. You people can't. You aren't part of the dev team... you don't know how much time and work they've already invested... I just can't believe you'd say such stuff to other people...
    (4)

Which stuff exactly? I for one am sure the developers are working very hard. If it were my decision? I'd tell the players to suck it up, we're done updating the game, our developers have given you ten years of effort, enjoy what you have, there's much of it.

But that's not how it works. Because we were supposed to move on to the next game when we did everything there was to do in this one, but we don't want to because by their own admission it is not good.

A simple look at the system put forward for how we get responses explains so much of this. Did you note it? Nothing gets back to us without nearly everyone on staff having their say. This is okay, but we don't get multiple opinions directly. We don't get any chance to 'convince' or make points. I am not so naive as to believe that if Producer Tanaka doesn't 'feel like something fits the vision for the game' that the 'consensus' won't be that we just can't have it.

If anything I feel sorry for the devs, the community team here, and the players as well. I'd just take everyone and send them over to FFXIV staff and let them get paid to do what would hopefully be less work, more fulfilling work, instead of listening to people like me whine about them not managing to balance a game that they're mostly just stretching thin.

I have a fairly good idea how much time and work they have invested. If anything, I am in mourning for all the great ideas they have put forth over the years that got left behind for reasons unknown. This game already has all the systems needed to make it enjoyable, but we keep getting new systems that we complain about.

That's not a good sign and my heart goes out to the developers.
    (3)
    Last edited by Risae; 10-01-2011 at 07:41 AM.

Character
    Shuffles
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Welcome to their job, what they get paid for. It is part of the territory. It is there job to make an enjoyable game for us, their customers. Some of you act like they are doing a favour for us. They are not, we are doing them a favour by paying subscription fees to pay their game.

I don't know how or when customers become the ones that should suck up to corporations, it is supposed to be the other way around.
    (6)

Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    Howdy! As you have already noticed, Producer Tanaka has made a post in response to questions on the forum as to why we don’t see more posts from the producer on the FFXI forums.

Thanks for the translation work, but I’d like to touch it up a bit^^ Otsukare Google-san.
    This Hiromichi-Tanaka Producer's reply is for the question that an user asked "Why Developpers seldom posts their idea on this FFXI forum, though Yoshida Producer often post his letter on FFXIV Forum?".

Without knowing the first question, Tanaka producer's post doesn't make sence anything, just to be heard as an excuse for something.
    (0)
    FF11ブログつくってみました。
    「吾輩はミスラである」
    http://lukang.blog-mmo.com

食べログにレビューを載せ始めました。
    「タルタルイーターの六本木ランチガイド」
    http://u.tabelog.com/tarutarueater/

Character
    Zirael
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Risae View Post
    Suddenly everything makes sense again.

Perfect sense.

Perfect, depressingly horrible sense...

Welcome back, Tanaka-san -_-
    Voidwatch Step 1 droprates should've given us a hint
    At lv99 it'll look something like this: Voidwatch Step 5 Neo-Dragon's Aery!

As a side note, it would be nice to see today's translation of people being given a voice over whether they prefer ultimately being lv 99 or lv100?
    (0)

Character
    Dashuto
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    COR Lv 99
    A closed forum for them to look over as they please?

Very nice, I was under the impression the community team had to politely badger via email or some contact method, but its nice to know everything gets filtered and that the developers are checking what is delivered regularly!
    (0)
    Thank you for changing Crysta payment options :3

Character
    Akirane
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Using a forum while developing stuff where normal mortals are not allowed is normal.
    (0)

Character
    Voldermolt
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    So, to clear things up:

FFXIV - extremely large dev crew for 30,000 customers.

FFXI - extremely small dev crew for 300,000 customers.

As we all can see, the most popular of the two clearly has the commanding lead in developer suppor-

. . . . . .. . . . . . . . . . . ,.-‘”. . . . . . . . .``~.,
    . . . . . . . .. . . . . .,.-”. \. . . . . . . . . / . . . . . .“-.,
    . . . . .. . . . . . ..,/. . . . .\ . . . . . . . / . . . . . . . . . ”:,
    . . . . . . . .. .,?. . . . . . . .\ . . . . . . / . . . . . . . . . . .\,
    . . . . . . . . . /. . . . . . . . .\ . . . . . /. . . . . . . . . . . . . ,}
    . . . . . . . . ./. . . . . . . . . .\ . . . ./ . . . . . . . . . . . ,:`^`.}
    . . . . . . . ./. . . . . . . . . . . \. . ./ . . . . . . . . . . ,:”. . . ./
    . . . . . . .?. . . __. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . :`. . . ./
    . . . . . . . /__.(. . .“~-,_. . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,:`. . . .. ./
    . . . . . . /(_. . ”~,_. . . ..“~,_. . . . . . . . . .,:`. . . . _/
    . . . .. .{.._$;_. . .”=,_. . . .“-,_. . . ,.-~-,}, .~”; /. .. .}
    . . .. . .((. . .*~_. . . .”=-._. . .“;,,./`. . /” . . . ./. .. ../
    . . . .. . .\`~,. . ..“~.,. . . . . . . . . ..`. . .}. . . . . . ../
    . . . . . .(. ..`=-,,. . . .`. . . . . . . . . . . ..(. . . ;_,,-”
    . . . . . ../.`~,. . ..`-.. . . . . . . . . . . . . . ..\. . /\
    . . . . . . \`~.*-,. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ..|,./.....\,__
    ,,_. . . . . }.>-._\. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .|. . . . . . ..`=~-,
    . .. `=~-,_\_. . . `\,. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .\
    . . . . . . . . . .`=~-,,.\,. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .\
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . `:,, . . . . . . . . . . . . . `\. . . . . . ..__
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .`=-,. . . . . . . . . .,%`>--

I'm going back to my GoV -.-
    (2)

Regular "John" Doe
    - Not on the Community Team

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast