Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
    What does it matter on their different roles? The simple fact is that Tanaka never left as producer. The Directors changed, but Tanaka stayed producer this whole time.

And yet, people bitch and whine all day *** long about how it's so terrible having him back, about how he's ruining the game, and it was better when he wasn't producer.

Good job. You're slandering the poor guy for no *** reason. If you think the change in direction of FFXI is related to the change in directors, then feel free to go balls to the wall against the new director, but Tanaka isn't the director.

You should all be *** ashamed of yourselves to be honest. You did no reasearch on the running of FFXI, saw someone state incorrectly that Tanaka has returned (whereas in fact he never left) and all jumped on the *** hate-filled bandwagon looking for some sort of scapegoat.

You even had people like GreatGuardian state over and over again that Tanaka was always producer, yet people still continue to slag him off and say it's "his return that's ruining the game!!!".

It's appalling really. Multiple topics about Tanaka when in fact all that hatred was directed at completely the wrong person.
    (3)
    Last edited by Ashvrei; 10-07-2011 at 07:20 PM. Reason: Inappropriate language/content.

Character
    Bjorne
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 5
    Quote Originally Posted by Elexia View Post
    FFXI doesn't need anything but content here and there. It's 10 years old.

FFXIV needs foundation work and content.

Which of the two needs more attention?
    The one that's actually making money.

Pretty sure there's not enough players for XI nor development cost to justify a release of real expansion packs.
    MMOs with less subscribers than FFXI still get expansions. FFXI's subscription base is still respectable for a non WoW MMO.
    (2)

Pretty sure there's not enough players for XI nor development cost to justify a release of real expansion packs.
    FFIX is still in the top 5? monthly sub MMOs out there without a chinese playerbase. It's a very profitable game and with any other company running it there would be far more expansions coming out and better updates. The reason it's being starved is due to more resources being poured into XIV and nothing else. It has a big playerbase and a makes a lot of money for the company.
    (0)
    Last edited by Runespider; 10-07-2011 at 07:47 PM.

Character
    Zirael
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    About 25-30% of posts never get translated into EN. Sometimes we miss out on some interesting bits. From last 2 days:

Additional information regarding Treasure Hunter:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mocchi View Post
    こんにちは。

昨晩の投稿以降、お寄せいただいたいくつかの内容への返信です。

ええと、その質問への回答が↓コチラ↓ですねっ! ご一読ください。

労いのお言葉ありがとうございます!
    他の方からも同様の投稿をいただいているので、そういったご意見をくださった皆さんにぜひお伝えしたいことがあります。

いろいろ試してみたいというお気持ちは大変良く分かりますが、「テストサーバーは、将来的に導入を予定している、もしくは導入を検討している内容の検証・調整を目的としたものである」ということを今一度ご理解ください。

またその点を置いておいたとしても、皆さんそれぞれが知りたい謎や試してみたい内容は異なりますので、それらに合わせた専用の仕組みや装備品を都度用意するというのはちょっと現実的ではありません。

要は、本来の開発作業などを止めてそちらに労力を割くことになる訳ですから、その分、バージョンアップが遅れたり、ボリュームが薄くなってしまっては本末転倒ですよね。という意味で捉えていたけると幸いです。

今回の投稿で説明が不足していたところがあったようで、申し訳ありません。

ご投稿いただいた内容から、どこが分かりづらかったのか判断がつかなかったので、差し支えなければもう少し詳しく教えていただけますか。もしトレジャーハンター以外のお話をされているようであれば、特にそれらの点には触れてませんが……。
    ---------------
    Mr Yoju Fujito from Dev Team asking for feedback regarding Xbox360 freezes in Voidwatch:
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoji_Fujito View Post
    初投稿でこんな内容ですが・・・みなさんこんにちは。

Xbox360でフリーズが発生する症状についての現状報告と調査協力のお願いです。

長年にわたって発生し続けているのと同時に、同期間、再現方法を模索している案件なのですが、開発チーム・QAチームによる検証においては残念ながら一度も現象を確認するに至っていません。
    (検証を行う際には、ヴォイドウォッチのみならず、ビシージやウォークオブエコーズなど様々なシチュエーションでの皆さんからお寄せいただいた情報、そしてお寄せいただいた情報から推測できるケースなどもあわせて繰り返し実施しているにも関わらずです。)

上記のような状況ではありますが、一定量のご報告を継続してお寄せ頂いていることからも、何かしらの要因がある可能性は高く、なんとか症状を再現させるべく検証自体は現在も継続して行っています。

一度でも再現が確認できれば、それを手がかりにして掘り下げた検証を行うことや、より精度の高い検証が可能になりますので、新たにご報告を頂く際に以下の詳細情報も可能な限り記載していただけると助かります。
    • Xbox360のモデル情報
    • ファイナルファンタジーXIにログイン後、どの程度時間が経過していたか
    • フリーズが発生する直前の挙動として普段と異なる症状が発生していたか否かと発生していた場合の症状

不具合発生時の情報があればあるほど、こちらの再現精度も上がりますのでぜひご協力をお願いいたします。

またヴォイドウォッチ終盤でフリーズした結果、倒したことにならなかった場合については、極力善処の方向で動きます。
    ただしタイミング的に勝ったかどうかが定かでない場合も多く、そういったケースについては事前に消費したライズアイテムやトリガーアイテムをフラグ的に覚えるという現在の仕様のままになることをご容赦ください。

以上、皆さんには引き続きご迷惑をおかけすることになりますが、どうかよろしくお願いいたします。
    --------------
    Voidwatch, future of climbing Voidwatch paths, Heavy Metal:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mocchi View Post
    こんにちは。

第一章に参加する人を集めづらくなってしまったというお声がチラホラ見受けられるので、今回はその点について少し説明をさせてください。

新しい章が追加される度に既存の章に参加する人を集めづらくなってしまうというのは、ある程度織り込んでいます。
    と言うのも、新規要素の追加がヴォイドウォッチであっても、その他のコンテンツであっても同様に起こりうる現象だと考えているからです。
    そういう意味で、ヴォイドウォッチに新章が追加されるのと同時に、既存の章に対して必ずテコ入れを行うということはありません。

これとは別に、解決が必要な事案が発生した、もしくは発生しうる場合には、それぞれの状況に応じたテコ入れは都度検討していくことになります。

ま た今回のご意見の中に、ヘヴィメタルを第一章でも得られるようにして欲しいというものもありましたが仮に第一章でもそこそこ入手できるようになったら、第 一章にだけ通うことになってしまい、ヴォイドウォッチ全体を活性化させる施策になっていないため、難しいかなと思います。かと言って第2章に影響のない程 度の入手確率に設定すれば、全然入手できないという不満につながり、結局テコ入れ策としては意味をなさなくなってしまいます。

そんな訳でヘヴィメタルに関してはごめんなさいですが、ヴォイドウォッチというコンテンツをより楽しむための要素がほしいというご要望としては確かに承りました!

ヴォイドウォッチを楽しんでいただくための要素の追加や調整はこれからも行っていきますし、第一章も第二章も両方に効果的なテコ入れ策としてどのようなものが良いかを考えていきますので、皆さんからも引き続き様々なご意見をいただければと思います。
    (0)

Character
    Raxiaz
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 96
    Quote Originally Posted by noodles355 View Post
    What does it matter on their different roles? The simple fact is that Tanaka never left as producer. The Directors changed, but Tanaka stayed producer this whole time.

And yet, people bitch and whine all day *** long about how it's so terrible having him back, about how he's ruining the game, and it was better when he wasn't producer.

Good job. You're slandering the poor guy for no *** reason. If you think the change in direction of FFXI is related to the change in directors, then feel free to go balls to the wall against the new director, but Tanaka isn't the director.

You should all be *** ashamed of yourselves to be honest. You did no reasearch on the running of FFXI, saw someone state incorrectly that Tanaka has returned (whereas in fact he never left) and all jumped on the *** hate-filled bandwagon looking for some sort of scapegoat.

You even had people like GreatGuardian state over and over again that Tanaka was always producer, yet people still continue to slag him off and say it's "his return that's ruining the game!!!".

It's appalling really. Multiple topics about Tanaka when in fact all that hatred was directed at completely the wrong person.
    You're annoying. You won't even answer a basic question. You're as bad as the people badmouthing Tanaka, if not worse because you're blindly defending him.
    (0)

I wont answer the question for 2 reasons:
    1) I dont know, and dont care enough about the topic to look it up.
    2) It's irrelevant to the point I'm trying to make.

My issue this whole time has been saying "The directors have changed and tanaka is back and it's terrible because the game is going to hell!" thinking Tanaka was the director, and that he quit and came back, wheas in fact he was the producer and has been here all the time.

I'm defending him because you, and everyone else who my post addresses have no basis for your stance against him. I'm not defending him as a person because of the oh so great things he has done. I could give a damn. I'm defending him being blamed for this new direction change because people mistakenly thought he was the director, recently came back and thus it's because of that that the game is now headed in the direction it is.

You know what this shit boils down to? People saying shitty Voidwatch drops are because of Tanaka's return. People ignore the fact that New Dynamis came around the same time and by this forum's standards is very un-Tanaka'ish. They also ignore the fact that Tanaka was here throughout the whole of abyssea, more un-Tanaka content, or that the new WoE is also very un-Tanaka'ish content (As stated multiple times: people complaining about coin drops are doing the wrong flux).

If Tanaka really was away, and now he truely has returned, and it's his return that brought about crappy drop systems and low drop rates like Voidwatch, then please explain to me Walk of Echoes and Dynamis, which were revamped around the same time, and have very good drop rates?
    (3)

Character
    Raxiaz
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 96
    Well it doesn't matter either way. He's back in full force and that's my argument - don't care if he "never left."
    (0)

But you can't prove how much or little involvement he had in abyssea, and that's that. There is no proof whatsoever that he wasn't pulling the strings with abyssea as well.

The only "proof" people have of his "return" (not real proof) is that the empy95 trial and voidwatch are more tanakaish updates. Well concidering the dev team said they were going to balance the cost/effort of relics, mythics and empyreans, they have done that pretty damn well. As for voidwatch, all I can say is you're calling out one event. I can do that too: New dynamis. Released around the same time as voidwatch. Very casual. Very good drops. By your standards very un-tanakaish.
    (0)

Character
    Kalsena
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Sorry, but 100% devotion to XIV 2 years ago or so, XI suddenly getting its best year like... ever, and then a dramatic crash once pulled is just way too suspicious. He may have come in on the tail end of Abyssea, but since it's not like this stuff is done overnight, him bucking an established system for draconian MMO policies would've had some definite backlash. Instead, we get Voidwatch, WoE drop rates, 1500 heavy metal plates, and scroll acquisition issues that pretty much nobody is happy with.

If not him, then offer an explanation to the contrary. A game running on a skeleton crew does not justify the above on its own.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Seriha View Post
    Instead, we get Voidwatch, WoE drop rates, 1500 heavy metal plates, and scroll acquisition issues that pretty much nobody is happy with.
    You mentioned scroll drop rates twice there. WoE drop rates are only an issue regarding scrolls. It's retardely easy to get coins, and the drop rate for dice isn't too terrible. 1500 metal plates is to balance out relics/empyreans/mythics in terms of effort/reward. I am not saying I agree with it, I am parroting the dev team's intention. Secondly, someone has already made a 95 Almace, just throwing that out there.

Hey Seriha, do you know what event got revamped around the same time as they introduced Voidwatch? That's right, Dynamis. Dynamis has such terrible drop rates as well... i mean in 2 hours with just myself and my whm mule I'll get like 4~ Relic -1s, 5~ Relic Accessories, and 150~ currancy. That's a terrible drop rate. By "timing" of his return alone, he is just as responsible for dynamis as he is for voidwatch.

If you want an explanation to the contrary, how about the gear progressions we were getting before abyssea - had they carried on at the exact same progression, along with the non-abyssea exp parties, it would have made the transition from 75 to 99 a very big chore and take a very long time. Abyssea seems more like transitional period to help the player base jump from the 75 cap to the 99 cap. It is just as plausible that Tanaka was the mastermind behind this transitional "get everyone up there quickish" addition, as it is plausible that he had absolutely no input on abyssea whatsoever.

In the end, the simple fact is you, me and everyone else here doesn't have any idea and can't prove either way just how much input tanaka has or had throughout all of pre-abyssea, abyssea, and post-abyssea. You don't know the inner working of SE. And because you can not prove it either way, you should not be blaming him alone.

Tanaka: "Guilty until proven innocent". Glad you guys don't run the justice system in my country.
    (0)

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast