Page 9 of 25 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast
    99 or 100, makes no difference at all. They will nerf subbed things that cause issues anyway.

As for 1 job at 100, people will hate that idea.. Look at merits now, they already kinda do that and everyone wants them to increase the amount of combat/magic merits more and more.
    (2)

Player
    I'd vote for 100. Obviously, this would require them to edit the graphical display of people's jobs through searching/linkshell listings, as there's only room for two-digit numbers as things are.

[Edit]

99 may feel like a tradition, but who cares? Quite a few FF-based games have had level 100 as a cap, they just weren't as frequent as level 99 caps.

@ RDM
    Level 80 cap was the biggest slap to Red Mages in general (as I had hoped they would adjust Convert's potency subbed, however, I didn't really care in the end - jobs I normally /RDM'd on at 75 I still do at 95, it didn't make me sub it on White Mage for example). Composure is hardly 'game-breaking' compared to Convert. Most people'd just activate it, cast the spells they want, and cancel it - I did the same on RDM until AF3+2 came into the picture. I do think if Composure remained level 50 after such an update that its effectiveness should be adjusted subbed to the point where it would remain more useful on RDM main regardless of AF3+2 possession.

I think the prime reason they left Convert without an adjustment is that /RDM on its own doesn't have any other way to help manage MP besides that + Refresh. Refresh alone would not be worth subbing RDM for (compared to stuff like SCH sub). Aka: They wanted to encourage the support job option.

@ SCH
    I won't lie here... part of the reason why I'd vote 100 is to gain a 3rd stratagem charge /SCH. I've always been a pro-/SCH player (especially on WHM even now), and it'd be a welcomed change for those subbing it.
    (4)
    Last edited by Fredjan; 10-02-2011 at 12:09 PM.
    WAR, WHM, BLM, RDM, DRK, BRD, SMN, BLU, SCH, GEO, RUN 99

Character
    Korialstrasz
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    I'm all for 100/50 myself, just because it's a nice even set of numbers and looks nicer. That and it's not the first time they've done it. Or 255. Ya know, because it can apparently or some shit.

As for the "WAAAAH having SJ stuff at 50 will unbalance the game QQ" crowd, lvl 75 -> 80 says hi.
    (5)

Would like level 100; mainly for the 1 extra level correction & extra skill level increases. Would give more defense & attack power regardless of what our sub jobs will get for level 50.
    (4)

Character
    Fredrico
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 90
    100. More sub job benefits/options is never a bad thing.
    (3)

Character
    Linku
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    I'd say 100/50. Looks a lot nicer than 99/49. 100 seems more complete or something. I don't know, I just like even numbers.
    (3)

@ OP: I can get behind the idea somewhat, but I think a simpler route would be to just allow the job to gain access to new abilities and spells after completing the citadel. Because two of the problems we run into with the class changes is Thief which changed to Ninja and Fighter(Warrior) into Knight(Paladin) in FF1, and just seems like it would open up an unnecessary can of problems to deal with where the advanced class already exists and has it's own set of spells.

But to add onto your idea, each job that completes the Citadel gains access to a new Job Trait (can be a different trait for each job, or make you pick and chose one from a list that will work for all jobs like Divine Might Earrings). Some examples of the traits could be.

PLD: Stalwart Devotion- Grants a defense and magic defense bonus to the player and all defensive job abilities/magic spells cast on them.
    DRK: Raging Bloodlust- Grants a Attack Bonus to the player and all Attack boosting JA/spells.
    WAR: Crippling Blow- Occasionally lower a enemies defense when landing a critical hit.
    WHM: Healer's Devotion- Single target cure spells are granted an additional healing bonus.
    BLM: Lost Magicks- Damaging spells will occasionally gain a very powerful boost when cast.
    SCH: Wisdom of the Sage- Lowers the overall cost of spells.
    RDM: Lore of the Field- Gives an elemental affinity bonus depending on the day/weather/enspells used while engaged in combat.
    BST: Tamer's Trade: Increased bond with the pets makes them more willing to give their lives for you increasing enmity generation for the pet.

But that's just a few ideas I had on the top of my head.

Far as pick or choosing 99 and 100, I'm kind of mixed about it. On one hand it opens a world of possibilities for subjobs, but at the same time many jobs stop gaining good abilities at 50 taking away whatever benefits they had over other jobs away.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Fredjan View Post
    I do think if Composure remained level 50 after such an update that its effectiveness should be adjusted subbed to the point where it would remain more useful on RDM main regardless of AF3+2 possession.
    Would you rather see them have /RDM Composure give double duration but the same recast increase, or the same (tripled) duration but more of a recast increase?

(I'm asking mostly because I highly doubt they'd both reduce duration and increase recast further, based on how Accession/Manifestation ended up from /SCH.)
    (0)

Character
    Alvian
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 12
    Can't believe people can't see how granting composure at Sub-Job level would completely kill RDM, RDM's AF3 Armour wouldn't stop that.
    (1)

Character
    Amador
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    No one is saying RDM sub is gonna get composure. There are a ton of jobs that have job abilities restricted. Why are you all still hanging on that?

It's preference of level: 99 or 100. Get it straight. It's not about what makes RDM and what doesn't. If all that makes RDM is composure then RDM isn't crap and should simply be deleted off the game. Stop crying about it and stick to the subject of 99 or 100. It's not about balancing, the people who get PAID TO BALANCE WILL DO THEIR JOB. SIMPLE. This is not a RDM forum post on the topic of DO WE WANT TO SHARE COMPOSURE OR NOT.

Simple. Simple. Simple. 100!
    (2)

Page 9 of 25 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast