Page 23 of 25 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 LastLast
    612 wharf ave next to the gentlemen's club.
    Character
    Tyrantsyn
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Sub's can make and break a main job at times, so i'm sure even if you would have mention this from the start, the conversation still would have gone this way. The stat's between 99 to 100 could have never been enough to really sway enough player's to go "1 extra point to my job's main stat plus tiny boost to my hp/mp and a big shinny 100 next to my job title, sure i'd love that." "shaking my head" nah i'd rather have that extra stratagem from /sch with a 50 sub job.
    (0)

2. 10-11-2011 08:23 AM
    Reason
    Moved...

Character
    Psxpert
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99

Where's my vote?

Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    Sorry for any confusion my previous post created…

Basically, when I asked for your feedback, I left out a piece of information that was written in the Japanese post.

The part that I left out was that your choice between 99 or 100 should be based solely on the numerical aspect (i.e.: higher stats, a nice round number, etc.) and not on the possibilities of new abilities/spells, or support job abilities.

Since many of the responses that were pro 100 were looking forward to new abilities, new spells, the new combinations that can be used when having a level 50 support job, etc., the development team saw this and realized that this is what is more important to players than the higher stats and what not, deciding it would be best to stick with 99.

The players on the Japanese thread were providing their feedback with this in mind, which is possibly why there were more votes for 99 than 100 there.

Again, I apologize if this seemed like I was dangling a carrot and yanking it away, as that wasn’t my intention. It was just an oversight on my part, leaving out that bit of information and I’m sorry for the confusion.

Can I see this poll and can I make an appeal? Lol!
    I decline! =/
    A vote from the community vs development team ideas,hmm.
    What would the DEV team do if there WAS a lv.100? That is the question. 0.0
    Maybe the DEV just ran out of FFxi-Fuel. Yeah, that's it!

I look forward to leveling my Pld, Sam and Mnk to lv.100! Five more levels to work for instead of just four. One thing though, everyone expects to be at their new level by day 7 after a update and new limitbreak! I would suggest...(just a suggestion), that the exp curve be adjusted differently than before.

It's expected that we'll only need to earn 10K extra exp for the next level than the last, make it a full 100k for each level from 96-99/100. I think that would control the population of those trying to make it to the finish line... or is there a finish line, gwahahahahaaaa~!

100K, on your mark, get set.... GO! >
    (0)
    Last edited by Psxpert2011; 10-11-2011 at 08:33 AM. Reason: added content
    "With the POWER of Taru...!"

@@@~'~~~;SYLPH WORLD;~~~,~@@@

Character
    Tanzaw
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Level 99 cap? YES!

NO MORE LEVEL 5 PETRIFY! Quick! Someone help me prepare it's grave!
    (1)

Character
    Mrkillface
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    I must be doing the wrong content. In the 7~ years that I have been playing, I have been hit with that move probably 10 times.
    (0)

Character
    Symbiote
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    COR Lv 95
    Quote Originally Posted by FrankReynolds View Post
    I must be doing the wrong content. In the 7~ years that I have been playing, I have been hit with that move probably 10 times.
    I've only been hit with it by Agas (Sleepga II NM) and Dyna-Xarc eyes(?). Can't remember ever being it with it by anything else. Gotta love knowing that the only things that did it are obsolete, might as well get rid of it.

Good bye Level 5 Petrify. Hello Level 9 Petrify!
    /em gives hints to the Dev Team.
    (1)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    I wouldn't want lv100 if the only thing it meant was an extra stat point or two and HP/MP. I'd only want it if it meant something new or special at that level.

(Meaning, I want new and special stuff because I want lv100 )
    (2)

8. 10-11-2011 12:12 PM
    Reason
    Content was edited by Moderator due to violation of Forum Guidelines.

9. 10-11-2011 12:59 PM
    Reason
    Content was edited by Moderator due to violation of Forum Guidelines.

Quote Originally Posted by FrankReynolds View Post
    Then you will hear things like this:
    "You put tier 3 merits into Thief? What a noob! Warrior is way better. All merits in Warrior or GTFO."
    You're right, this would certainly separate the n00bs from the better players. The n00bs will make statements like you posted above; then ask me to come BLM, RDM, WHM, THF, BRD or SMN anyway!
    The better players will realise that an alliance of 18 WAR perhaps isn't going to be the best plan.
    (1)

Character
    Oscaramador
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    For ideas related to how to make the player unique among the mass of players who play the same job category I'd have to suggest you make a new thread.

Camante has shown the importance of on topic/direct to a key threads that devs are looking for. So, just a suggestion.

They also again, in relation to your request for capped unique merits. They want to stray away from things that will lead the player base to ask for "more" in regards to the same issue. It seems they want to touch base, and go home. Not Touch base, steal 3rd and run back to first.

I mean, they wanted us to talk stats...

They wanted us to literally say Okay...

We get: +35 Attack, +31.5 Accuracy, +1-2 Stat depending on roll it would land on per job. C.Lvl Vs. M.Lvl Formula increase.

They didn't want us to babble about random factors that may or may not be present. It got out of hand, redundantly so. To the point where people were straight crying wolf. When there was nothing there at all that would even remotely point in that direction.

There's still a very large majority who want 100 based on a number of facts.

1: It was never tradition.
    2: It improves us overall.
    3: It allows us to have higher stats against tought opponents.
    4: If you're not a DRG you probably aren't capping accuracy against current Voidwatch End Game Content.
    5: 99 Was a system limitation, a forced limitation as it was and is in numerous titles. It's like the unreal engine, it sucks beyond belief, guess that's why it's called UNREAL. However, it's what was out, what was working, what was hot for the developers, so they used it.

As for everything else... all I can truly say is that it isn't fair at all.

Information was incomplete and handed to us. The information was taken by us and submitted erroneously, when the real action should have been a post by Camante saying:

CRAP, Wait. Start over. I left out some IMPORTANT STUFF, that will determine the fate of this choice!

That didn't happen. What would of happened if Camante had not submitted what the devs didn't want to see? A discussion would of taken place regarding Attribute Points, Combat Skill Gains, Offensive Skill Gains, Magic Skill Gains, dDex formulas for Crit Rate, Attack formulas against enemies, damage taken formulas as well as a number of other topics revolving around the simple increase of 1 level.

I want a do-over damn it. :|
    (1)

Quote Originally Posted by Amador View Post
    I want a do-over
    BST poll got a do-over < <

....please sir, can I has another?
    (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aldous Snow
    When the world slips you a Geoffrey, stroke the furry walls.
    Quote Originally Posted by --She
    that's what

Character
    Kaych
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    Sorry for any confusion my previous post created…

Basically, when I asked for your feedback, I left out a piece of information that was written in the Japanese post.

The part that I left out was that your choice between 99 or 100 should be based solely on the numerical aspect (i.e.: higher stats, a nice round number, etc.) and not on the possibilities of new abilities/spells, or support job abilities.

Since many of the responses that were pro 100 were looking forward to new abilities, new spells, the new combinations that can be used when having a level 50 support job, etc., the development team saw this and realized that this is what is more important to players than the higher stats and what not, deciding it would be best to stick with 99.

The players on the Japanese thread were providing their feedback with this in mind, which is possibly why there were more votes for 99 than 100 there.

Again, I apologize if this seemed like I was dangling a carrot and yanking it away, as that wasn’t my intention. It was just an oversight on my part, leaving out that bit of information and I’m sorry for the confusion.
    Well, now that I read this, I'd prefer lvl 99. The reason for this is cos its the Final Fantasy "tradition" to have lvl 99.
    And I dont really think anyone care if you make a type-o, Camate. You respond to so many threads that you are bound to make a mistake every once in a while.

I say, thank you for your continuing effort to make this forum a better place ^_-
    (1)
    Its sometimes best to agree to disagree ^_-
    -----
    "/sigh factor" is when:
    - You are asked to set your HP when you already have your HP set the place you exit. O.o?
    - You need to repeat a quest a 100 times in order to cap your fame >_>

Page 23 of 25 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 LastLast