Page 7 of 25 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast
    Character
    Zatias
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Voting 99 because all my SJ are lvl 49 and I'm too lazy to lvl them up 1 time.

Seriously though, 99. As said earlier, RDM does not need any more kicks to the nuts. I'm sure they would grant Composure to any job subbing RDM rather than main RDM only, which shows tons of bias towards other jobs (NIN and WHM) for not giving their abilities as a SJ.

If SE could work out some balance between what abilities should be granted and what abilities are main job exclusive, then I wouldn't mind 100 cap. However, my faith in that has been reduced quite a bit over the past year, so I am sticking with 99.
    (6)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Amador View Post
    Sotek that post is completely speculation.

It's basically a preference, how can you say that 100 is going to squander potential releases, and other abilities. Completely silly. You can't sit there and say that 99, or 100 has any issues. You simply do not know. They have restricted certain abilities from certain jobs more than once. There's no issues with this being implemented in the future.

Regardless of what balancing they do for 100. It still comes down to them ACTUALLY balancing EVERYTHING at 100 ANYWAYS. It's work that will need to be done regardless. So don't say anything gets pushed back simply because of *insert reason here* simply because you feel like it. The post is what would you like to see, 99 or 100? Simple.

It's not for you to sit there and attempt to fathom the capability of the people who actually get paid to balance, create, and continue to COMPETE in the MMO world to continue profiting off of this little money maker. They get paid for a reason, and their main concern right now is appeasing the community on a majority scale. Which right now, in this thread seems to be heavily towards 100.
    It's not speculation. Not baseless speculation anyway.

Currently the plan is for the cap to be Lv.99. This requires no changes, it's already in motion.
    If they change to a Lv.100 cap, they need to balance a great deal of abilities from subs.

I'm not trying to fathom their capabilities. It's a fact that raising the cap to Lv.100 would involve more work than Lv.99. There's a helpful post on the first page that lists all the things that would become accessible via sub, I count at least ten things SE would really need to balance that they wouldn't need to balance with a Lv.99 cap. That's ten extra pieces of work, I'm speculating the time that would take, yes, but it's a cold hard fact that they'd need to do that extra work all the same. Considering they failed with something like Red Mage at Lv.80 and their team has probably gotten smaller since then, I do actually start to doubt their capabilities somewhat. Heck, we just got our August update in September, so lets not pretend that it's impossible for them to delay something even when they haven't got a whole lot of extra work to do.
    (1)

Character
    Arcon
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Sotek View Post
    Currently the plan is for the cap to be Lv.99. This requires no changes, it's already in motion.
    If they change to a Lv.100 cap, they need to balance a great deal of abilities from subs.
    Not really. Nothing at Lv50 is in any way groundbreaking. The real stuff all came from 40 to 49 (Convert, Refresh, WHM Haste, RDM Haste, Accession/Manifestation, Dual Wield III, Sekkanoki, etc.). What does Lv50 have over 49? Stratagems and Composure are the only things even worth mentioning, the rest can be useful, but hardly a balancing issue at all. What subjob balancing have they done in the past? Warcry, Utsusemi: Ni, Meditate, WHM JAs and NIN JAs, those are the only ones worth mentioning.

Quote Originally Posted by Zatias View Post
    Voting 99 because all my SJ are lvl 49 and I'm too lazy to lvl them up 1 time.
    Quite possibly the best reason to vote for 99.
    (3)
    All affirmations are true in some sense, false in some sense, meaningless in some sense, true and false in some sense, true and meaningless in some sense, false and meaningless in some sense, and true and false and meaningless in some sense.
    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
    FFXI: Leviathan > Arcon
    FFXIV: Selbina > Arcon Villiers

Character
    Rezeak
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    I'd vote that you could take only 1 job to 100 and the rest to 99 :P
    (0)
    Main : 99 DRK
    Subs : 99 SMN COR SCH MELEEWHM
    Server : Ragnarök
    Relics : 95 Ragnarok and 95 Apoc
    Ironic that when i was young i never had enough video games but now i have too many and not enough time to play them .

Character
    Covenant
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 90
    http://forums.ffxiclopedia.org/viewt...19090&start=15

I was one of the first to propose a lvl break passed 75 and a new "super" area.

That being said, I'm going to call it...we go passed 99... Unlimited.

The "fear" being shown about who gets what at lvl 100, is the same fear when we went passed 75. Things change, while I diont think we'll see the change soon, once people have gotten used to lvl 99 or 100, and people still interested in playing then eventually we'll go beyond.

One of the most important changes passed 75 was the new freshnest that new sub job offered. Staples such as /nin and /war was no longer needed.
    (1)

Character
    Godofgods
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    Though this is slightly different than what you are requesting, there have been comments on the JP forum (and I have seen traces of it here as well) asking whether the level cap will ever reach 100. While the current plan is to keep it at 99, if there is enough feedback asking for level 100, we may just look into it. So please let us know what you think!

It seems like there have already been a lot of JP players who posted they prefer level 99. There were also some suggestions by players asking if it would be possible to take just one job to level 100. However, this would just make it so people start requesting we increase the number of jobs you can take to 100, and so on and so forth. Without making it complex, we would prefer just to think about whether we will keep it at 99 or move it up to 100 across the board.
    Honestly i dont see their being that much diffrence in terms of strength or anything from being 99 to 100. I would imagin the main benefit would be any lvl 50 abilities/spells that you would gain from subjobs.
    (0)

Character
    Symbiote
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    COR Lv 95
    Going back a page for a moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Sotek View Post
    I'd rather SE spend time at Lv.99 working on new abilities for each job, rather than spending all their time at Lv.100 balancing the massive amount of spells and abilities that will suddenly become accessible, considering they barely managed at Lv.80 (see: Red Mage).

Like it or not Lv.100 is going to take a great deal of time to balance and implement; unless they just cap subs at Lv.49, but then Lv.100 is worthless, they have to adjust Lv.50 abilities for Lv.100 to be worthwhile and that's going to take time. Considering they have a much smaller team these days, the cap rise would without a doubt be pushed back an update if they decide to do Lv.100. That means new merits are pushed back an update and new endgame is pushed back an update. Not worth it for one levels worth of stats and maybe some new toys from subjob.

Lv.100 adds little to nothing to the game, its potentially crippling for some jobs and certainly going to push back new content if they decide to seriously balance it. Lv.99 has none of those problems, they've been planning it for about a year now and it should already be set in stone. There's no reason for them to change that now.
    Did you not read my post on page 2? There isn't much to offer at 100/50 in terms of spells and abilities. If you took the time to look it up for yourself on wiki, you would realize this. I don't know where this "massive amount" is coming from. Possibly out of your rear?

I get that you are against 100, I am too. However, if you are going to make an argument against it, make sure you bring facts and not imaginary data that you haven't even thought about. The only things that would come at 100/50, for subs, that could potentially "break" the games mechanics is Composure for RDM and Super Jump for DRG. Would you like to know how SE would balance this out? If you guessed anything other than "lock the ability on subs", you would be wrong. Because that is exactly what SE would do and not give it a second thought.

With that said, I (again) vote for level 99.
    (0)

Character
    Siviard
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    I love how this thread progressed from this

Quote Originally Posted by SirDayne View Post
    I would like to see some sort of job advancement (not merits) mission/quest/battle once we hit level 99. This is an idea that while similar to Final Fantasy I's job upgrades, but would be different.

FFXI's AF1 armor mentions alternate names (or titles) for the jobs we play as, which is more or less a title that's said but not really done anything with.
    Black Mage = Wizard
    Red Mage = Warlock
    etc.

In FFI you were able to advance your job to an upgraded version which granted new spells and abilities. e.g.
    Black Wizard got new spells, Warrior became Knight and gained access to low tier White Magic and able to equip all weapons and armor.

So basically, tl;dr:
    I am suggesting a new job advancement system for Level 99 jobs that indicate mastery of a job. You would have to complete a challenging (but not impossible) quest in a new dungeon [The Citadel] and fight a final boss in order to earn the right to your new job title.

Once completed, you would gain access to powerful new spells and abilities earned via Trial of the Magians or story-based quests. Subjobs would be disabled (or very gimped) on the "new jobs" in order to maintain game balance.

Black Mage => Black Wizard (WIZ)
    White Mage => Devout (DVT)
    Red Mage => Warlock (WLK)
    etc.

Feel free to add to this.
    To this....

100 is a much nicer number to look at than 99.

There may be some balance issues to look at with support job abilities, but I mean, there are already abilities that have been set to main-job-only (such as Yonin/Innin).

As a result, I'd definitely prefer 100. It's a nice round number.
    And the reason for this epic derailment???

Though this is slightly different than what you are requesting, there have been comments on the JP forum (and I have seen traces of it here as well) asking whether the level cap will ever reach 100. While the current plan is to keep it at 99, if there is enough feedback asking for level 100, we may just look into it. So please let us know what you think!

It seems like there have already been a lot of JP players who posted they prefer level 99. There were also some suggestions by players asking if it would be possible to take just one job to level 100. However, this would just make it so people start requesting we increase the number of jobs you can take to 100, and so on and so forth. Without making it complex, we would prefer just to think about whether we will keep it at 99 or move it up to 100 across the board
    CAMATE DERAILED THE THREAD!
    (0)

Character
    Sylow
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Camate tends to post things that were translated from responses in the JP forums.
    There tends to be an isomorphism between the two forums: that is, if there's an important thread about it in the JP forum, there's a thread about it in the EN forums and vice-versa.

The LV100 response was posted a few days ago in the JP forums, and I'm guessing this was the closest thread Camate could find in which to post the English response.

We don't get translations of everything, though. For example, there was a recent post about the adjustments to Dynamis. Something about "adjustments were made with the intention of increasing the supply of ancient currency, but it may have increased the supply more than intended, so we're looking into the situation." We haven't heard anything about that on the EN side, yet, as far as I've seen?
    (0)
    Last edited by Asymptotic; 10-02-2011 at 01:45 AM.

Character
    Delvish
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    For traditional purposes, I believe the cap should remain at 99. Also, while the JA/JT additions are enticing, doing so would inevitably set us up for disappointment because of the key JA that would inevitably get cut from sub jobs. Abilities like composure would just be too powerful and would have to be mitigated or removed, resulting in more complaining.

JT would not be removed because they have not been thus far. This means SCH would become the primary mage sub job given the extra stratagem reduction and SAM or DNC (building flourish) would be a primo sub as well for melee. It does not promote that level of diversity that FFXI does so promote and gets us in the same predicament as the NIN condition we used to have. Stick to tradition, and I can practically guarantee a content fan base.
    (3)

Page 7 of 25 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast