Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    Character
    Choerilos
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 95
    I would like 100. We've been working in sets of 5 levels for so long, why not keep doing it to the end? And if we cap at 99, lvl5 petrify won't affect us, which is sad.
    (4)

Character
    Sechs
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    Though this is slightly different than what you are requesting, there have been comments on the JP forum (and I have seen traces of it here as well) asking whether the level cap will ever reach 100. While the current plan is to keep it at 99, if there is enough feedback asking for level 100, we may just look into it. So please let us know what you think!

It seems like there have already been a lot of JP players who posted they prefer level 99. There were also some suggestions by players asking if it would be possible to take just one job to level 100. However, this would just make it so people start requesting we increase the number of jobs you can take to 100, and so on and so forth. Without making it complex, we would prefer just to think about whether we will keep it at 99 or move it up to 100 across the board.
    I'd definitely like 100 more. Looks better as a number, and would allow us to get subjobs to level 50, which opens a couple of interesting new options on several jobs.
    THF: Evasion Bonus III
    WHM: Divine Veil, Divine Benison, MDB III, Clear Mind III, Holy
    BLM: MAB III, Elemental Celerity, Freeze (!!!)
    BRD: last carol (completing the cycle and giving access to all 8 as subjob, altough lol@BRDsubjob)
    SAM: StoreTP III, nuff said
    DRG: Super Jump, Accuracy Bonus II, altough with the amount of haste gear people can get nowadays, nobody probably uses /DRG anymore, and it makes me sad because new job traits like the ones already mentioned and stuff like Conserve TP would have made it even better than it was before.
    SCH: Clear Mind III, one more Stratagem (!!!), Stona
    DNC: Building Flourish

Just looks better to me being 50 on subjob than 49, despite of the possible improvements.
    I really hope all jobs can get to 100, and another levelcap quest 99>100 should be implemented as well of course

It's not a common thing in Final Fantasy Games, but THERE HAVE BEEN other FF games where you could reach level 100 instead of 99, so it wouldn't really be a new thing for FFXI.
    (4)
    And the autumn of life has finally come
    with the promise of winter thaw.

Character
    Sechs
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Symbiote View Post
    Every FF game has stopped at 99.
    Most, not all.
    (2)
    And the autumn of life has finally come
    with the promise of winter thaw.

Character
    Oscaramador
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    Level 100 would be ideal. Level is a lot more than a number, it matters drastically especially against harder foes.

As stated above, it would also grant a lot of abilities that would be useful for a number of jobs that have only ever been thought of to be great if only they were available at some point as a sub-job.

While level 99 was the traditional Final Fantasy level cap it's never been a traditional Final Fantasy 11 increase when dealing with level caps, and raises since level 50. The increments in levels have always been a solid 5, never 3. Which if it would have been 3 then 99 would of been understandable level cap.

Final Fantasy 11 has defined it's self as it's own Final Fantasy, and like all other Final Fantasies they do differ and only the lore and certain spells depending on world remain the same.

Level 100 Equipment, and level would certainly be nice on the eyes. A rounded number, that while increasing effectiveness of players against monsters would also still allow certain spells such as the one stated above: Level 5 Petrify to continue being a useful tactic from monsters. It will also allow for the release of stronger monsters that actually challenge players to that degree.

Level 100 in more ways than one, would be a better future for 11 as a whole.

Side Note: I just hope, that once these Neo-Merits are released that they provide more than simply capping and choosing between abilities/traits. I hope that they allow for personal customization to make players unique from one another depending on play style, target monsters and overall usefulness. Rather than a simple collection that ends up being a level 75 repeat for merits in cookie cutter fashion.

Go 100 or go home!
    (8)

5. 10-01-2011 11:23 AM
    Reason
    wrong post

Character
    Vagrua
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    You also need to take into consideration that Ahriman's Level 5 Petrify becomes useless once everyone hits level 99.
    (0)

Character
    Alvian
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 12
    Fine with me so long as you block Composure, otherwise the final nail in the coffin will hit RDM.
    (3)
    Last edited by Daniel_Hatcher; 10-01-2011 at 11:32 AM.

Character
    Symbiote
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    COR Lv 95
    Quote Originally Posted by Asymptotic View Post
    FFVII? FFVIII?
    Level cap of 100.
    I haven't played 7 in years and I never did get to finish 8.. I could've sworn 7 has a cap of 99.
    (0)

Character
    Orsondara
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 95
    Quote Originally Posted by Symbiote View Post
    I haven't played 7 in years and I never did get to finish 8.. I could've sworn 7 has a cap of 99.
    Ya it was just VIII that had the 100 cap. The thing is other FFs didn't even have "levels" or level caps really.

I'd like to see us hit 100/50 just for the better SJ boosts.
    (3)
    Last edited by Orson; 10-01-2011 at 11:41 AM.

Character
    Chillo
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Despite popular opinion, I'll go ahead and say I would prefer the level cap to be 100. Barely any logic behind my thinking though, I would prefer <mjob>100/<sjob>50. Just my two cents though.
    (3)

Character
    Nihilist
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 95
    Quote Originally Posted by Economizer View Post
    Level affects like Level 5 Petrify would work on us again, something we thought we would finally defeat at level 99. This somewhat sucks. On the bright side, gear like the Multiple Ring or the Divisor Ring would work once again.
    I don't feel it's right that we lose out on gear because of this, more of a reason to be level 100...As for the Level 5 Petrify? We need to man up and eat some stona...

Quote Originally Posted by Economizer View Post
    I like the possibilities that would be opened up from this, so I think it is a good idea.
    I completely agree
    (4)

Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast