Page 19 of 25 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast
    Character
    Varazslo
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 95
    Quote Originally Posted by SirDayne View Post
    I would like to see some sort of job advancement (not merits) mission/quest/battle once we hit level 99. This is an idea that while similar to Final Fantasy I's job upgrades, but would be different.

FFXI's AF1 armor mentions alternate names (or titles) for the jobs we play as, which is more or less a title that's said but not really done anything with.
    Black Mage = Wizard
    Red Mage = Warlock
    etc.

In FFI you were able to advance your job to an upgraded version which granted new spells and abilities. e.g.
    Black Wizard got new spells, Warrior became Knight and gained access to low tier White Magic and able to equip all weapons and armor.

So basically, tl;dr:
    I am suggesting a new job advancement system for Level 99 jobs that indicate mastery of a job. You would have to complete a challenging (but not impossible) quest in a new dungeon [The Citadel] and fight a final boss in order to earn the right to your new job title.

Once completed, you would gain access to powerful new spells and abilities earned via Trial of the Magians or story-based quests. Subjobs would be disabled (or very gimped) on the "new jobs" in order to maintain game balance.

Black Mage => Black Wizard (WIZ)
    White Mage => Devout (DVT)
    Red Mage => Warlock (WLK)
    etc.

Feel free to add to this.
    How did this thread get so far off from the OPs post? I think the original idea was awesome. I'd like to see some epic solo battle to break the next limit cap that actually tests your skill, instead of the ridiculous errand-boy quests we've gotten thus far. When you do break the cap I think the job name change would be awesome. If the final cap is to be 99, then the limit break at 95 should grant you a new job-title (black wizard, warlock, etc.) and I know I've already seen discussion about a 3rd tier on merits, but the OPs idea of questable skills/spells would be far more challenging and gratifying imho. Or, even save the job name change for when all of the quests have been completed.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Varazslo View Post
    How did this thread get so far off from the OPs post? I think the original idea was awesome. I'd like to see some epic solo battle to break the next limit cap that actually tests your skill, instead of the ridiculous errand-boy quests we've gotten thus far. When you do break the cap I think the job name change would be awesome. If the final cap is to be 99, then the limit break at 95 should grant you a new job-title (black wizard, warlock, etc.) and I know I've already seen discussion about a 3rd tier on merits, but the OPs idea of questable skills/spells would be far more challenging and gratifying imho. Or, even save the job name change for when all of the quests have been completed.
    I personally always thought that the maat limit break fight should have been per job.
    IE you had to beat maat as said jobs and only that job could go past 70.

This would insure you had a clue what you where doing at 75 with that job.
    I don't know how many people I know that leveled whm just to beat maat.
    (1)

Quote Originally Posted by kewitt View Post
    Ahh, the glory days where Maat was at his finest. The mere mention of him to any RDM made them shiver if not wet themselves, for many of them had met with his Asuran Fists of Doom on an intimate basis and still retain nightmares of his hellish fists of fury.

Translation: Well let's just say alot of "Fisting" was involved.
    (1)

Player
    Maat was weak, I actually lost my first fight from time out not death, AF didn't break SS first time then hit for 200. It was more about sleep landing then anything, or just not caring and opening with CS.
    (0)

I didn't really have trouble with him either back before the initial nerf, but I did hear an endless stream of stories about folks who were 0/30 on him just to give up and go defeat him on other jobs.
    (0)

Player
    One of the few people I actually read complaining about the fight said don't nuke in Wind Staff use Mythic wand so yea...
    (0)

Character
    Mrkillface
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by kewitt View Post
    I personally always thought that the maat limit break fight should have been per job.
    IE you had to beat maat as said jobs and only that job could go past 70.

Because getting a lucky steal proves you know how to play thief, using a ton of meds and chainspelling wind spells is a really popular endgame technique for red mages, and punching stuff with hundred fists up makes you a pro monk?
    (1)
    Last edited by FrankReynolds; 10-07-2011 at 01:25 AM.

Character
    Raxiaz
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 96
    RE: 99 or 100 level cap.
    Keep 99. 100 is too OP for this game. And RDMs would whine because their only niche - Composure - would be compromised, assuming you don't restrict its use when /RDM. 99 is just right as the level cap for this game... I don't want to see 100. And I thought this was already addressed beforehand that player levels couldn't exceed 2 digit places... That's neither here nor there though.

With that said, I like the idea of "job mastery" for main jobs. I always thought it would be pretty nifty to get a star next to each capped job under the status menu to symbolize that you've "mastered" it. For all jobs it would include having all rated skills on the main job capped, and for mages it would include that you have all spells learned for the job. I think it'd be cool, but I doubt SE would go so far as to code so many checks for a little graphic to appear next to each job, considering they won't change one digit in the range for certain JAs... neither here nor there though. :P
    (1)
    Last edited by Raxiaz; 10-07-2011 at 04:20 AM.

Character
    Kalsena
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Neisan_Quetz View Post
    Who is going out of their way to influence an online vote for a MMO... This isn't Florida people.
    I wouldn't put it past certain overly angry RDMs... :P
    (0)

Camate, I'd like to make a request if I may; If this decision was influenced by all sources from the forums, could we possibly get some translations form other languages that responded to the 99/100 levels? I have this feeling that the JP forums are a lot more orderly then any of the English forums, all I seem to see here are complaints/insults from everyone who don't seem to understand how much work actually goes into a game. That's all I'm asking, more information about the influence of this decision (and possibly any other big game change/decision so that we're all at least a little bit more in the loop of what's going on).
    (0)
    S to the M

Page 19 of 25 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast