Thread: Healing Magic

Healing Magic

Make Cures scaling more focused on healing magics. There is no reason a level 61 WHM should be able to heal for upwards of 700HP where a 95 RDM or SCH is lucky to push 500.
    (1)
    There is no min only max. Or something like that.

Or just give them cure 5. Sounds like a lot less work than reworking formulas.
    (0)

would rather not see RDM forced to a main healing role again thanks, but id also like to be able to heal better than a job 30 levels below me.
    (1)

In addition to this increase the potency of the following spells.

Cure 1 increase to value of Cure 2 (8MP to 10MP)
    Cure 2 increase to value of Cure 3 (24 MP to 30MP)
    Cure 3 increase to value of Cure 4 (44 MP to 50MP)
    Cure 4 increase to value of Cure 5 (88MP to 100MP)

Retain all enmity calculations.

This closes the healing gap, while at the same time keeping Cure 5 unique in its ability to heal for large amounts of HP with low enmity generation.
    (0)

Character
    Blowdragon
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    there is sevral was to fix this but i would like to sea rdm beable to as well be close to par with mellee on front line as well
    been thinking something like 2 abilitys would help out

enrage recast: 10 min. duration 10 min. increses all mellee permeters and unlock weapon skill redmage revenge:five fold elmantal attack elmant varrys with enspell active

rdmresolve: 10 min recast. 10 min duration. incresses all mage permeters and unlocks abilty Share: all magic spells becomes area effect duration 2 min recast 6 min

to make it so there not overpowering can share timer while also puting rdm close to par with mellee and mages while not over powering them
    (1)

I think it would probably be better overall if they adjusted the magic system where the effects of amount cured, enfeebling potency, enhancing boosts, and nuking damage formulas, to be very heavily reliant on skill and the spells respective attributes than how they are currently.

Most spells have base power (meaning a predetermined amount a spell will hinder, cure, boost, or damage without influence from other sources) and a soft/hard cap (an artificial barrier that limits how much a spell can be boosted). Currently, magic skill plays little to no part in most spells besides magic accuracy, the spells that are effected by magic skill (Phalanx, Stoneskin, Barspells, Enspells) are few and scale poorly.

Additionally, the current magic systems base power and hard caps, also allow jobs with little to no skill to act almost completely on par with jobs that do.

Mock Example of Current System:
    WHM: Healing Skill at 95 = 396
    RDM: Healing Skill at 95 = 305
    NIN/RDM: Healing Skill at 95 = 128

All 3 have equal Mind and Cure Potency gear.

All 3 cast Cure IV:
    WHM Heals 700
    RDM Heals 675
    NIN Heals 650
    Of course the numbers are not entirely accurate, but it does show an example of how the current magic system is now easily taken advantage of at these higher levels. While I only showed an example using Healing magic, most other magic like Enfeebling, Nuking, and Enhancing magics are for the most part just as effective when cast by jobs without Magic Skill (excluding differences made by magic accuracy on offensive spells).

My idea for the revision lowers or completely removes the base power of all spells and raises the hard/soft caps for spells, however Magic Skill will become intertwined with the power of all spells, in a manner similar to how Melee skill effects both attack and accuracy.

Mock Example of a Revised System:
    WHM: Healing Skill at 95 = 396
    RDM: Healing Skill at 95 = 305
    NIN/RDM: Healing Skill at 95 = 128

All 3 have equal Mind and Cure Potency gear.

All 3 cast Cure IV:
    WHM Heals 600
    RDM Heals 500
    NIN/RDM Heals 250
    Job with no Skill Heals 0-200
    Additionally it would effect all spells that previously had a flat base power level (Protect, Shell, Haste). For example, the spell Haste would no longer be a flat 15% increase, instead Enhancing Skill would effect it's potential from 0%-20%.

Essentially, the revision would redefine how spells work and how magic jobs play as a whole. It also allows SE more leeway when it comes to distributing spells, as jobs with superior Magic Skill would still be supreme in their specified field and would less likely have to worry about roles being taken away by other jobs with lesser to no skill.
    (2)
    Last edited by Swords; 10-16-2011 at 06:14 AM.

Character
    Saevel
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    The healing magic formula needs to be reworked, nobody can doubt that. And "Just give RDM Cure V" doesn't even begin to address to problem. But lowering the power of cures is something they have to be REALLY careful of, lest you get a lv 41 WHM being unable to heal a lv 41 party. Or even poor SMN, who is forever forced to play from their sub due to their ridiculous timers.

I'd say keep the base cure potency on each spell the same but alter the amount given by healing magic such that all spells get much stronger (even Cure V) with higher healing magic. Go a step further and give WHM a JT that whenever they cure someone there is a chance of a debuff being removed based on healing magic skill. And / Or Erase II that removes multiple debuffs based on healing magic skill.
    (0)

That is why you just increase the Caps of current spells. That way the spells themselves bottom line do not change they will still register for what we see now. Jobs with higher healing skill and better access to MND+ gear will be able to extend these spells further and hit the new soft cap with much less effort than other jobs (some won't even be able to do it.)
    (0)