Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Character
    Ryce
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99

New Job Trait Suggestion: Vallation

Vallation: Job Traits are always active. Allows you to protect party members by placing yourself between them and the enemy.

Base proc rate 50%. Upgradable via new merits and gear.

Basically Cover -1, but always active. Keep the PLD involved even when hate control is a problem. Maybe the proc rate is too high, but I'd like this to give PLD a serious advantage. I want DDs to WANT a PLD in the party. Even if your DD is gonna go all out and keep hate full time, the PLD in the way can reduce his damage taken by 50%.

Thoughts?
    (5)

Character
    Cliamain
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    That'd be pretty sweet, or have Cover be an AOE and be usuable to the entire party. If not that or just pld Break the Hate cap bout 25 or 30%.
    (0)
    "Let me win, but if i don't win. Let me be brave in my endeavor"

Character
    Mortechai
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    That actually sounds like a really creative idea although I can also see how it can be a bad one. The whole principle behind party play is for there to be balance between tank,damage dealers and healers. What seems to have been lost from the current generation of the game is balance between DD's and tanks. Theres really no longer any huge risk in a DD pulling hate on a mob seeing as any DD with good support,gear and atma setup can tank just about anything(In abyssea). What really needs to happen is a general awakening of playstyle for about 90% of the community in the form of responsible hate control and management. Alot of it is to be blamed on atma's and big number syndrome. I see it all too often wherein players get a few lucky crits here and there and get all spam happy with their damage in a quest to push themselves to go bigger and bigger. All the tools and gear for paladin to properly generate and maintain enmity are there. The community itself however has lost its way so to speak in how to allow the job to perform its role.
    (0)
    Between the conception
    And the creation
    Between the emotion
    And the response
    Falls the Shadow
    -TS Eliot

Quote Originally Posted by Cliamain View Post
    That'd be pretty sweet, or have Cover be an AOE and be usuable to the entire party. If not that or just pld Break the Hate cap bout 25 or 30%.
    You realize that means pld can never, ever lose hate no matter what he does, or anyone else in the alliance does, right? The only thing that would ever make a pld lose hate in this case would be the mob using a hate reset move.

The gimpiest gimp of a pld would be able to keep hate over any DD, no matter how strong they were.

Do you seriously think this is a good idea?
    (3)
    Last edited by Mirage; 10-19-2011 at 07:51 PM.

Character
    Ordoric
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    anytime you talk emnity i cant help but remebering the redneck phrase of "hold my beer whil i do this." <insert something realy stupid>(ex taruranger sidewinder colibri before voke>"raise can i have it?" fail
    (0)
    I think players are broken
    90 whm 90 blm 87 sch 79 drk 75 pld 75 smn 68 sam.

Hey guys, pld should get Flashga!
    (0)

Character
    Yukichibi
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    The same thing but allowing shield proc to reduce damage of people behind the PLD would be cool and not overpowered.
    The PLD reduce the damage people behind him took, by shield blocking them.
    (2)
    30/05/2004 PLD - PUP - COR - SCH

Character
    Ryce
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    I like that Yuki. Proc rate would depend on the PLD's shield/skill, and the player with hate would still take SOME damage.

Still, I like the idea of the PLD "throwing himself in the way" to take the damage. He'll take damage, cure himself, and hopefully reclaim hate before the DD dies.

Old School "hold back or you'll get hate and die" among DDs was boring. With a tool like this and a good THF, DDs can have a good time, PLDs can be more effective, and mobs still go down quickly.
    (0)

Character
    Anais
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirage View Post
    You realize that means pld can never, ever lose hate no matter what he does, or anyone else in the alliance does, right? The only thing that would ever make a pld lose hate in this case would be the mob using a hate reset move.

The gimpiest gimp of a pld would be able to keep hate over any DD, no matter how strong they were.

Do you seriously think this is a good idea?
    Not really, lets say a monster faces drk, then pld stays in the middle, at this point monster still targets drk but "thx to this new trait" drk just receives half of dmg and the other half is directed to pld, in the case pld moves from the middle, monster keeps facing drk and the dmg gets back full to drk
    (1)

I wasn't referring to the cover idea, but the break hate cap idea.
    (2)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast