Internet Connection Speed: 1Mb/s
    Date & Time: Sept 28th
    Frequency: Reproduced on all attemps
    Character Name: Waba
    Race: HumeM
    World: Odin
    Main Job: War 91
    Support Job: Dnc 45
    Area and Coordinates: Kazham F-9, Rabao G-8, Qufim Island I-11, Sauromugue Champaign F-6, Rolanberry Fields J-5, Batallia Downs K-8
    Party or Solo: Solo
    NPC Name: Hildegarde, Gushing Spring, Voidwatch Officer (multiple)
    Monster Name: None

There are a number of bugs dealing with Voidwatch Officers dialog.

Hildegarde:

As reported here: JP-text-in-English-game, Hildegarde gives japanese dialog in the english client when selecting the Periapt of Guidance key item for purchase.
    (He says ”タリスマンジェドです。” [Talisman Jade], then gives the usual description)
    In addition, when attempting to purchase any already owned periapt, he responds with "Hm, it seems you already possess the Zeruhn report" where Zeruhn report should be the selected periapt.

Gushing Spring:

Same problem as above with japanese text (still Talisman Jade), but he says it when selecting periapt of percipience. Repurchase text is fine.

Voidwatch Officer:

[I checked with Voidwatch Officers around jeuno and they all shared same bug, did not check each in the 3 nations but suspect they have the same issue]

No japanese text here, but the repurchase text is a mess. NPCs respond with "Hm? It seems you already posses ." (a blank space where the key item name should appear) when attempting to buy already owned key items. On repeat attempts, they also responded with "message to jeuno", "letter to the ambassador" and "kindred report" (all of which were temporary key items I've had at one time or another, but no longer appear in my temporary key item list) rather than the blank space inconsistently.

I would put money on the dialog string IDs being bugged; it seems to be inconsistently picking unreferenced temporary key items rather than the the intended item (the blank being a null key item).
    (0)

Greetings Waba!

Thank you for bringing the matter of the Voidwatch Officer's dialog to our attention, and filling out the template. I have made sure to submit your information to the development team, and they will make sure to thoroughly investigate this matter based on your report. Unfortunately, I cannot guarantee that a direct response will be posted on this thread, but I do recommend consulting http://www.PlayOnline.com or http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/fo...ersion-Updates for any details about the development team's investigation. Thanks again for your report!

GM Bublex
    (0)

Hello Waba!

We appreciate you taking the time to give us all the details about the concern with Hildegarde's dialogue. We have forwarded the text error and it will be addressed in the coming update. Thank you!
    (0)