Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Character
    Arcon
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    As was mentioned before, it's supposed to be a bonus. And despite being low, it's a great effect, when it procs you're usually quite well off and can take a few seconds to breath even in a hard fight. I'm not unhappy about this.
    (1)
    All affirmations are true in some sense, false in some sense, meaningless in some sense, true and false in some sense, true and meaningless in some sense, false and meaningless in some sense, and true and false and meaningless in some sense.
    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
    FFXI: Leviathan > Arcon
    FFXIV: Selbina > Arcon Villiers

Character
    Rearden
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 1
    So 1/10 or 2/30 hits I should be absorbing damage because I fulltime a gear set that takes about 6 hours of actual work to farm up?

Seriously?
    (1)

All the set bonus achieves, is that as a mob readies a big tp move or spell, a whm (or 2) start to cast cure 5 to keep your HP up and... they cure you for 0, because you absorbed the damage. Nice one. If only that could happen more often!
    (0)

Character
    Zagen
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Babekeke View Post
    All the set bonus achieves, is that as a mob readies a big tp move or spell, a whm (or 2) start to cast cure 5 to keep your HP up and... they cure you for 0, because you absorbed the damage. Nice one. If only that could happen more often!
    Reminds me of the days when I got crap on DNC for out curing a mage.
    (3)

Character
    Obtuse
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    A PLD caring for dmg mitigation would have other sources of it anyway (magian sword, shield def bonus, phalanx, various accessories and armor, not to mention +1/+2 body's 2~10% dmg reduction). The set bonus is exactly that: a nice bonus that goes off every now and then. Hell at the moment, I've only got two pieces of +2 and the set bonus fires off at a decent enough rate for me as is.
    (0)

Character
    Korialstrasz
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    I'd rather have seen a higher set proc rate (10%), and just have it negate damage rather than heal, but that's just me.
    (0)
    ~ The OF motto ~
    If someone has more gil than me, they bought it.
    If someone outclaims me, they're botting.
    If someone is more successful than me, they cheat.

Character
    Shyuko
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Don't overlook the fact it absorbs "any" form of damage. 5% is quite enough in my opinion.
    Like mentioned in a previous post, Paladin has access to 2 very great Shields if you are a dedicated enough
    of a Paladin to work on them.

No offense intended, but to request a higher activation rate from the set is making it sound as though you
    are depending too much on it's bonus. As mentioned in a previous post, if you are worried about it so much,
    look to invest in damage mitigation pieces to mix in with the Creed Cuirass/Cuisses, etc..

Invest in an Ochain even. It looks like alot of work, but it truely isn't.

Also as mentioned in a previous post, it is nice when it does activate...but you can't depend on that
    always to kick in. At any rate, it's just a fun bonus to have when it kicks in. I really don't mind at all
    that it is such a low rate of activation.
    (0)

Character
    Brolic
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by tyrantsyn View Post
    I'm not a main pld, but i'd have to agree 5% is pretty lousy. Maybe be 10~15% would be a little more like it. And than maybe small boost threw additional gear. Say maybe and extra 1~2% at the most.
    it's nothing more than an 'oh that's nice"

Even with my little old aegis i'm not really put in a situation where i'm in terrible danger of dying, other than the occasional in over my head duo with my mule.
    (0)

Character
    Alerith
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    While the proc rate outside of Abyssea is...eh... it's still nice to have. Inside, if you absolutely must focus on survival or are low manning something (or you feel you have a somewhat incompetant healer), you can stack your full +2 set with Atma of the Aquatic Ardor, Atma of the Savior and an elemental sachet depending on what you're fighting.

I personally don't have Atma of the Savior, but just with the rest, it's very noticeable. Absorbing a Blizzaga IV off Isgebind or a Terra Wing off Dragua is nice.

If you have Almace/Ochain, this puts you into a literal Invulnerability mode as you aren't taking squat from physical attacks and you have a very fair chance to absorb whatever magic damage comes your way.

In larger groups, you can get away with damage atmas, but if you plan on low manning or solo'ing, this is a great survival set.
    (0)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3