Character
    Tazz
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99

Adventuring Fellow area limitations

SE has added a ton of new features to older areas and even upped the level cap on our NPC's or Adventuring Fellows. Yet we still can not use them in several areas around vanadiel. I leveled from 90-95 in Ve'Lugannon Palace and was very disappointed that my NPC could not level up with me at all there... same in Ru'Ann Gardens and I'm sure a few other places.

My big questions for dev1005 is why do our npc's not have full access to every area, aside from abyssea. Its just frustrating that we are unable to get decent exp WITH our NPC's in a wider variety of areas, or is it just sky and sea and that are blocked for NPC's?
    (1)

Some access is blocked "by story". Which is just annoying. So you can't enjoy the game because someone wanted to stick to the rule book?

I guess in theory you could do some GoV or something with the npc, unless it is blocked from that as well.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    We are currently looking into enhancing elemental spirits.
    Miracles do happen!

Character
    Scaevola
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Yeah, the only thing you can really use fellows for right now other than lolbookburnz is VNM trials for Empyrean weapons, and even that's questionable.

Allowing them Abyssea access wouldn't be overpowered at all, provided they didn't benefit from Atma/Cruor Buffs. The vast majority of meaningful NMs would one or two-shot them with AoEs anyway. Not letting them into sky is just super weird, considering they're allowed in sea, as far as I'm aware.
    (0)
    tandava crackows + chocobo jig + animated flourish = prouesse ring