Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Character
    Hashmalum
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99

SE, please don't do this to RDM

Please, please, PLEASE don't make our new enfeebling spells merit-only. I noticed that a new type of merit system is planned for level 99. I noticed that despite the fact that enfeebling magic was prominent in the RDM section of the manifesto, we got zero new enfeebling spells this update. I noticed that the time before last that we got new enfeebles, we had to pay merit points for them. I am afraid that this will happen again and I feel that if it does, IT WILL BE A HUGE MISTAKE. We should not have to pay a merit tax for a core job function. We should not have to choose a fraction of our vital spells to be able to cast usefully. Does WHM have to merit to get Cure V? Does BLM have to choose between Blizzard and Thunder? No and no. Please tell us you aren't planning on doing this.
    (4)

I don't know where exactly you heard that SE intends to make our new enfeebles merit only, but I would have to concur. Merits are meant to support the job not be a key aspect of it.
    (4)

Character
    Alvian
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 12
    They aren't making the new enfeebles meritable, the new system is coming at lvl.99 and they're adding more spells to RDM before then.

Also didn't they say they were changing a lot of merits so the old ones may not be meritable for long either.
    (1)

Character
    Kaliyah
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    I'd have to concur with this topic. I never understood why the tier II line had to come in the form of merits considering the only A+ skill rdm got is enfeebling. Rdm should have gotten Tier II in the form of scrolls and merits that enhanced potency of the type of spell instead IE: Enhances Dia effect, slow potency, paralyze potency, etc. I most sincerely hope that SE doesn't do the same thing by lvl 99 merits and give us a tier of spells that we should have gotten via scrolls again.
    (9)

Character
    Grievor
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Vague changes could be amazing or just okay, we could get much more potency and duration from just the first merit, or perhaps just more points like the last merit adjustment. Im almost hoping for more points but can deal with any adjustment if it makes all my job meriting easier.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel_Hatcher View Post
    Also didn't they say they were changing a lot of merits so the old ones may not be meritable for long either.
    They never solidly confirmed they were/were not changing merits to scrolls or anything like that, they just said something along the lines (very poorly and vague I might add) of adjusting them. In either case, I suppose it's better we say something now before SE gets any ideas just in case.
    (3)

Player
    Extra merits in the category and I'm fine with just that.

My standards are that low right now.
    (0)

Player
    I want an enfeeble that lowers Magic Defense! And give RDM a native Divine spell already even if its just Banish I and II or Flash.
    (0)

Player
    I can get behind Rdm getting Flash back, along with getting other stuff.
    (0)

Character
    Raxiaz
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 96
    If RDM's got Flash, they should get Stun, too! *lol*

An enfeebling magic spell that lowers magic defense would be fantastic, to give RDMs more of an place in the magic damage world. I find myself participating in nuking shenanigans during abyssea when I (rarely) hop on RDM. And the numbers are quite disappointing, compared to my SCH... anyway!

I've been thinking for far too long that the merit spells should be made into potency/duration/etc merits, and not whole spells themselves. But alas, SE won't change them.
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast