Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    Character
    Bjorne
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 5
    Quote Originally Posted by Insaniac View Post
    I feel like he is reading all this and lowering VW drop rates while doing one of those insane laugh/crys.
    I was reminded of this.
    (0)

Character
    Dashuto
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    COR Lv 99
    I played since beta, and there were good times and bad times. But if this starts turning back into Final Tanaka XI, then I'm out of here. Will finally delete my account and leave. Abyssea making the game easier was a double-edged sword, but I am not going to stand for 0% droprates, nerfs all around, and even more events that do things like our lovely WoE coin and scroll problem we have going on right now.

Its not a theory, it should be obvious to anyone that Tanaka is already slipping his slimy tentacles into all of our contents.
    (6)
    Thank you for changing Crysta payment options :3

Quote Originally Posted by Eradius View Post
    I played since beta, and there were good times and bad times. But if this starts turning back into Final Tanaka XI, then I'm out of here. Will finally delete my account and leave. Abyssea making the game easier was a double-edged sword, but I am not going to stand for 0% droprates, nerfs all around, and even more events that do things like our lovely WoE coin and scroll problem we have going on right now.

Its not a theory, it should be obvious to anyone that Tanaka is already slipping his slimy tentacles into all of our contents.
    Please. Even during "Abyssea XI" there's been nerfs, buffs retarded drop rates. Tell me, did you or did you not know you can still not get gear that's dependent on Blue Proc and TH? Did you know you can get up to 11 TH and all the procs done and still not see a soulscourge? Or Loki's? Or Twilight Gear?

Damn that Tanaka!
    (1)
    Dark Knight ~ 90: Yes I actually use a Scythe.

Character
    Bjorne
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 5
    Quote Originally Posted by Eradius View Post
    scroll problem we have going on right now.
    You do realize that without some rare expensive drops from those BCNMs there will be no incentive to do them, right?
    (1)

Character
    Dashuto
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    COR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Elexia View Post
    Please. Even during "Abyssea XI" there's been nerfs, buffs retarded drop rates. Tell me, did you or did you not know you can still not get gear that's dependent on Blue Proc and TH? Did you know you can get up to 11 TH and all the procs done and still not see a soulscourge? Or Loki's? Or Twilight Gear?

Damn that Tanaka!
    Yes, I was amazingly- aware of all of the above!

Having a 60%+ chance at all the items you mentioned is far better than say

The 0.3% we were used to in Salvage and other events.

Waiting 21 hours for a chance at an NM

Doing Monarch Linn bc for Assault breastplate once a week for up to a year

Need I remind people of X's knife?

Original droprate for Thief's Knife?

22 hours fighting Pande Warden?

You could fill whole pages of this topic with a straight front to back list of the things that don't exist anymore that utterly sucked, and it was made abundantly clear to the playerbase that Tanaka was in fact at the heart of the problems, because of how quickly any method to kill AV but his own (super secret method!) were quickly patched. Don't even try to make up an excuse for that like we found unconventional ways, the damn thing was broken, unkillable.

We also saw what happened to 14 under his rule: No Auction house, No MH, 100% item to trade, Repair system, No delivery system.

Oh man, us not having 100% on Loki's today totally justifies the Caligula-style rule we felt underneath Tanaka! Right guys?
    (14)

Character
    Dashuto
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    COR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Atomic_Skull View Post
    You do realize that without some rare expensive drops from those BCNMs there will be no incentive to do them, right?
    Yes, completely aware of that as well.

Have you also noticed how few scrolls we've gotten with 90+ people spamming WoE runs all day every day plus people shouting for the BC's? I don't even mean the 5-10 that have sold on some server's Auction Houses. At the rate we're going it will take well over a year just to get scrolls for only the mages that -currently- exist and need them. Sure, that keeps people going to the event. Sure, that makes WoE+BC's a "success". There is fallout to consider from this however.
    (1)
    Last edited by Eradius; 09-28-2011 at 02:58 PM.

Damn that Tanaka!
    Did you do endgame before Abyssea? Sandworm HNM which has a totally random pop system between 5 hours a day that could pop in any of 6+ zones, which had horrible drop rates on the most wanted items like VB. Salvage which very often took YEARS to get the drops you wanted along with large amounts of gil when you did get the bits. HNM which was totally impossible to do unless you sucked up enough to get into the correct shells and even then long waiting lists and again took many years to get rewarded for your 3 hours a day.

You have no idea how bad Tanakas game design is in this day and age, there was a very good reason he was moved away from FFXIV and he seemingly learned nothing from that and is trying to turn the clock back on FFXI too.

I don't think anyone has serious issues with making the game a little less Abyeasy but anyone with any sense at all does it a lot more gradually than this update did and Tanakas designs are way outdated anyway. FFXI has attracted a lot of people back to the game lately and this kind of direction is simply going to turn them all away again, I don't think any of us really want that. FFXI and it's players have changed too much for us to just wind back to his outdated ideas on keeping us paying them as long as possible, as cheaply as possible. Expectations are higher now.
    (6)

Character
    Jimb
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    COR Lv 99
    As bad as the drop rates were in Salvage, I don't recall ever hearing anyone bitch about having to do Salvage because it was a fun and enjoyable. Salvage is still hands down one of my personal favorite events.
    (0)

Character
    Prothescar
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimble View Post
    As bad as the drop rates were in Salvage, I don't recall ever hearing anyone bitch about having to do Salvage because it was a fun and enjoyable. Salvage is still hands down one of my personal favorite events.
    It was fun and enjoyable the first few times... but after the 11th dozen run of Citadel Chelonian it got kind of stale.
    (1)

Character
    Insaniak
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimble View Post
    Salvage is the same as voidwatch. Fun and soul crushing at the same time. I did salvage with a relatively high number of friends and we didn't dupe so it took us all upwards of a year to finish our first sets. No one was enjoying themselves after the first 6 months but we were already up to our necks in the event so we kept going. It's a classic (outdated) MMO design strategy that expoilts human nature and practically every event Tanaka ever designed followed the same guidelines. "Well, I've already killed this thing 75 times. I must be due for a drop so I can't stop now!!."
    (1)
    ↓ Trolling sapling ↓

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast