Character
    Dashuto
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    COR Lv 99

Tanaka back in charge?!

Edited my OP:

Tanaka has always been in charge of 11 and didn't move to 14! Guess I'm a moron :3

Either way no more funny business like AV/PW and competing over 24 hour NM's please, Devs!

The original post covered my surprise to see Tanaka's post as producer, as I was under the impression he had moved to from 11 to 14, and then was taken off the board after 14. Appearantly he has been with us this entire time, but was hardly active. The discussion has turned to whether or not he is actually involved in the game now, and whether or not the content is returning to his methods that happened to be the dev team's trade beneath his rule.
    (7)
    Last edited by Eradius; 09-29-2011 at 11:43 AM.
    Thank you for changing Crysta payment options :3

Tanaka's always been in a head position of FFXI and still a consultant for XIV. He's been around since at least January by the way, so...there's a big hole that logic.
    (0)
    Dark Knight ~ 90: Yes I actually use a Scythe.

Character
    Dashuto
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    COR Lv 99
    I was under the impression he was wholly removed from 11 to 14, and that there was an announcement about it? Perhaps I am confused on the matter.
    (0)

Character
    Byrth
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Don't call it a comeback
    he's been there for years
    Rockin his peers and puttin suckas in fear
    Makin the tears rain down like a MON-soon
    ...Listen to the bass go BOOM?
    (8)

Character
    Dashuto
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    COR Lv 99
    Seems I was mistaken then, it was the old battle director being replaced by Matsui that I saw as an announcement back then:

http://www.playonline.com/pcd/topics...opics_all.html
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Eradius View Post
    I was under the impression he was wholly removed from 11 to 14, and that there was an announcement about it? Perhaps I am confused on the matter.
    He was Director/Producer for XIV, then got shifted back to XI around January and Naoki Yoshida was put in charge of XIV.
    (0)

He never actually offically moved from here but he was far more involved with FFXIV and others were taking the decisions on FFXI, hence why it changed so much while he wasn't really around here during the time he was working on FFXIV. Now that he's been removed from FFXIV and that Yoshida took his full time job he can fully give XI his attention..sadly.

Tanaka has always been in charge of 11 and didn't move to 14
    He most certainly was involved very highly in XIV, to the point he took the fall for the state it was in and very publicly replaced.
    (7)
    Last edited by Runespider; 09-27-2011 at 07:16 AM.

Character
    Insaniak
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Tanaka was replaced at one point which is why the game was more fun than torture for about a year. Incoming thread nuke btw.
    (8)
    ↓ Trolling sapling ↓

Quote Originally Posted by Insaniac View Post
    Tanaka was replaced at one point which is why the game was more fun than torture for about a year. Incoming thread nuke btw.
    Yet he's been more active on the XI since December 2010 (Heroes of Abyssea) given the time of the staff rearranging notification on FFXIV's website.

So..yeah.
    (0)

Character
    Insaniak
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Elexia View Post
    Yet he's been more active on the XI since December 2010 (Heroes of Abyssea) given the time of the staff rearranging notification on FFXIV's website.

So..yeah.
    I don't recall anything mentioning him coming back to 11. I do recall them saying Tanaka would still stay on board with 14 in some facility. Either way I'm sure abyssea was already planned out if he came back at that time and there was nothing he could do about it no matter how much it hurt him to see people accomplish goals in reasonable amounts of time. Bottom line is Tanaka's approach to MMO design is "reward dangling in front a treadmill" where people keep playing because they want stuff but never get it which is what we've been seeing more of since his clandestine return. When he was away we got the "trail of goodies" approach where people get something they want and then move on to the next thing they want which, while less sustainable for a game in it's twilight with a low production budget, results in a much happier player base that doesn't rage quit over things like 1500 heavy metal plates.
    (0)
    ↓ Trolling sapling ↓

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast