Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Character
    Cuelebra
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99

Klimaform as SCH sub

Kaustra/Embrava arnt available but as whm/sch i can cast Klimaform as well as AoE it to party members.... this isnt really fair as its the AF weapon to SCH. Its bad enough main jobs get access to weather spells and full benefits of light/dark arts but now magic acc from af weapon.

should grant SCH affliatus solace/misery if ur gonna do that.
    (4)
    Last edited by Cuelebra; 09-26-2011 at 02:20 PM.

Character
    Colliex
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    SE should give sch tier II Klimaform once tier I became subable, thats what they did with rdm's refresh...as soon as refresh became subable rdm immediately got refresh 2...this should be no different, also on another note sch's need a healing helix although embrava is kinda like that isnt it
    (0)

Character
    Alvian
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 12
    I already mentioned this, SE just ignored. It appears they themselves seem to forget AF is meant to be specific to the job only.

Quote Originally Posted by Cljader1 View Post
    SE should give sch tier II Klimaform once tier I became subable, thats what they did with rdm's refresh...as soon as refresh became subable rdm immediately got refresh 2...this should be no different, also on another note sch's need a healing helix although embrava is kinda like that isnt it
    Refresh wasn't RDM's AF, that was a sword. So while Refresh II made sense, Klimaform should have just been straight out blocked.
    (0)

Player
    So should have Convert by that basis.
    (0)

Character
    Alvian
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Neisan_Quetz View Post
    So should have Convert by that basis.
    Not really, again it was NOT an artifact weapon (for which a quest needed to be completed) it's a natural JA.

It should have been weakened for /RDM but that's another topic.
    (1)

Player
    Why does anyone give a shit? People complain at Adloquium being a crap waste of MP, Klimaform is pretty much exactly the same at this point in the game, magic accuracy is a complete joke now. It's only worth casting on Scholar because Scholar can equip Savant's Loafers +2 and get an extra 10% base damage, which practically gives Scholar tier 2 weather, so while I'm at it maybe I should tell people to stop asking for tier 2 weather.

Giving Scholar White Mage abilities because everyone /Scholar can get Klimaform is probably one of the dumber suggestions you could have made even if this was an issue. White Mage gets nothing out of Klimaform and Black Mage hardly gets anything. The job that would benefit the most (actually the only job that benefits) is Red Mage and we've already got practically everything they have (Sublimation and Convert, a Composure Stratagem that isn't limited to yourself, their new ability in armor form, etc.).
    (6)

Character
    Siiri
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Yeah, as someone who thinks Scholar is actually over powered and does not understand why SE keeps buffing it, I will say as a white mage and black mage I could care less about klimaform. I will never ever cast it.

As for accessioning it, talk about a waste. My 2 charges when I am subbing sch on white mage are for penury cure 5 and accession stoneskin or regen 4.
    (0)

Character
    Scuro
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Honestly Klimaform should be SCH only, granted I think the duration is grabage imo, but its still an AF weapon, and that should still be exclusive only.
    (2)

99 BLU,PLD,SCH,RNG,NIN,BST,SMN,THF,BLM,WHM... Any questions..?

Player
    You can have my AF if that's the case. and my Whm's. and my War's. and Rng's.
    (3)

Character
    Mordru
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    This is reminding me of that "give SCH Retrace" thread, in that it falls into the category of I couldn't care less.

The concept that Klimaform shouldn't be allowed logically when subbed because it's AF1 is just as solid of an argument as saying it should be allowed because it's a spell, since no spells are currently locked on subjobs. Kaustra and Embrava are the first technical exceptions, but since TR is required they're not really exceptions based on the published requirements.

In the end though I care as much about the logic as I care about the availability. I like the fact that SCH got a useful spell as a AF1 instead of an instantly forgettable weapon, imo they should make as much out of it as possible, including allowing it to be used by other mains who clearly completed the same quest for it.

As far as brokenness, once convert and refresh became subbable there's really nothing that should be exempt from subjobs. RDM has a lot more to complain about than SCH does with Klimaform. As stated, I'll never use it on WHM or BLM, but I am considering 2 minutes of more accurate enfeebles with Spotaneity + Klimaform.

What I am in favor of, as always, is progression to a job's unique spells and abilities. Just as I want tier 2 weather for SCH, I'd like an enhanced Klimaform effect or Klimaform II for SCH main. I think that's the real issue here. Savant's Loafers are a good start, but I'll vote for additional duration for SCH main and would like a single party target white magic version that can be accessioned that raises storms to tier 2.
    (3)

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast