Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    Character
    Raksha
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Sotek View Post
    Alacrity is applied after recast through Fast Cast/etc. So if you cap recast on Klimaform at 50% (90 seconds), Alacrity is going to bring it down another 50% (45 seconds). Though I was using Lv.75 gear (and not particularly good Lv.75 gear), I don't actually think I ever got the recast down to or below 60 seconds, but it was certainly close.

Just went and tested it, 1.12 recast without Haste (in an event I'd probably ask for Haste), so I'd say it's certainly possible, considering that's with Lv.75 cap gear. It's certainly not practical - for nuking you don't even need to keep Klimaform on full time anyway - but it is possible. Completely redundant argument though, since as I say, SE has confirmed they'll be increasing the duration, in which case it is absolutely something you can keep up full time, it will be a 90 second duration at worst and you can achieve that recast with Alacrity alone.
    I thought alacrity didnt stack with fast cast/haste gear. I remember one of the dev Q&As mentioning that they would look into making it stack.

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/th...l=1#post158109
    (2)
    Quote Originally Posted by Greatguardian View Post
    I want to say that there's a middle ground here but this isn't really middle ground. A lot of old systems were shit. Some new systems aren't much better. What's in the middle of shit and shit? More Shit. So no, I don't want a middle ground. I want something good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Landsoul View Post
    >Twilight Scythe is overpowered that's why we're nerfing it
    >Weapons with double damage compared to relic

LOGIC.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpankWustler View Post
    \m/ (*.*) \m/ "THIS SOLUTION IS THE MOST METAL!" \m/ (*.*) \m/

Character
    Alvian
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 12
    I just checked. SCH/RDM used Alacrity, Recast 1.30 seconds.
    SCH/WHM with Haste up: recast 1.30 seconds.
    (0)
    Last edited by Daniel_Hatcher; 10-02-2011 at 06:22 AM.

Character
    Raksha
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel_Hatcher View Post
    I just checked. SCH/RDM used Alacrity, Recast 1.30 seconds.
    SCH/WHM with Haste up: recast 1.30 seconds.
    While I appreciate the test, it's possible haste gives you the same -recast that /rdm sub does, so would need to check that. (just do a klimaform /whm WITHOUT haste.)

Minor nitpick.
    (0)
    Quote Originally Posted by Greatguardian View Post
    I want to say that there's a middle ground here but this isn't really middle ground. A lot of old systems were shit. Some new systems aren't much better. What's in the middle of shit and shit? More Shit. So no, I don't want a middle ground. I want something good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Landsoul View Post
    >Twilight Scythe is overpowered that's why we're nerfing it
    >Weapons with double damage compared to relic

LOGIC.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpankWustler View Post
    \m/ (*.*) \m/ "THIS SOLUTION IS THE MOST METAL!" \m/ (*.*) \m/

Character
    Thelaughingman
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    The only way I know how to positively affect Celerity/Alacrity bonus currently is the weather effect on the Argute Loafers (10% bonus) but at best that would put it slightly above the duration of Klimaform. Although, if you are doing other things between that time, it won't kill you to lose coverage for a few seconds. Still, the duration could probably use work.
    (0)

Character
    Alvian
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Raksha View Post
    While I appreciate the test, it's possible haste gives you the same -recast that /rdm sub does, so would need to check that. (just do a klimaform /whm WITHOUT haste.)

Minor nitpick.
    Done. SCH/WHM no Haste recast: 1.30

As mentioned you can get it lower with "Argute Loafers" which take it to 1.12 recast. So it is close, but nothing but the boots effect Celerity or Alacrity.
    (0)
    Last edited by Daniel_Hatcher; 10-02-2011 at 11:55 PM.

Character
    Delvish
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Raksha View Post
    I thought alacrity didnt stack with fast cast/haste gear. I remember one of the dev Q&As mentioning that they would look into making it stack.

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/th...l=1#post158109
    That is a very good point, and looking into it further it seems slow does not affect it either. As such, your tests would prove that currently your recast under slow would still be 1:30, barring boots. Personally, I could accept the slow penalty if I could get the Fast Cast and Haste bonus as well.
    (0)
    Samurai Archery is said to be a thing of the past, but it isn't dead yet!

Character
    Aerolite
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Delvish View Post
    That is a very good point, and looking into it further it seems slow does not affect it either. As such, your tests would prove that currently your recast under slow would still be 1:30, barring boots. Personally, I could accept the slow penalty if I could get the Fast Cast and Haste bonus as well.
    The only problem I could possibly see with this is in situations where you have to raise-ga and you have aura slow on you or something. Conversely, fast cast would be amazing for this. I can't really think of any other spells where the extended recast timer would make a huge difference. Then again, I've been too busy to play the game for the past 2 weeks or so.
    (0)

Player
    honestly though shouldn't klimaform be a stance? not that i think they should change things at this point but considering how sch can function as a DD that skill chains with spells they are like a magical martial artist of sorts no? hence the Klima (climate?) form (stance?) though they already have light and dark arts for a stance type.
    (0)

Form in this context probably means more something like "shape" than "stance". Shaping the weather to whatever they want.
    (0)
    Last edited by Mirage; 10-11-2011 at 06:43 PM.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4