Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    as if any of the artifact weapons were actually game breakingly good anyway. No one cares that they can't use the war af axe, and no one would care if they could either.
    (0)

Character
    Jamesy
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirage View Post
    as if any of the artifact weapons were actually game breakingly good anyway. No one cares that they can't use the war af axe, and no one would care if they could either.
    again mirage i'm going to give you response since you can't comprehend apparently. i never said it was game breaking, but in itself it goes against artifact rules and should be changed unless square enix wants to give scholar a tier II version of the spell.
    (2)

So what? What if I just don't care about the af rules? What if it doesn't go against rules at all because the rules have always been that "whatever spell the main job gets, you get it when subbing it as long as the level is sufficient".

You're the one claiming spells should follow the same rules as weapons, when no other spell does this.
    (3)

Character
    Erinael
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    People will argue anything won't they.
    (1)

I love arguing, even the times I lose. It's like mental exercise.
    (1)

Character
    Raksha
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirage View Post
    I love arguing, even the times I lose. It's like mental exercise.
    Me too.

It might have been best to not make it available to /sch to begin with, but now that the cat is out of the bag nerfing it is not the answer. Once again SE has made their bed, now they have to lie in it.

Arguing about it now isnt going to do much.
    (2)
    Quote Originally Posted by Greatguardian View Post
    I want to say that there's a middle ground here but this isn't really middle ground. A lot of old systems were shit. Some new systems aren't much better. What's in the middle of shit and shit? More Shit. So no, I don't want a middle ground. I want something good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Landsoul View Post
    >Twilight Scythe is overpowered that's why we're nerfing it
    >Weapons with double damage compared to relic

LOGIC.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpankWustler View Post
    \m/ (*.*) \m/ "THIS SOLUTION IS THE MOST METAL!" \m/ (*.*) \m/

Character
    Mordru
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamesy View Post
    again mirage i'm going to give you response since you can't comprehend apparently. i never said it was game breaking, but in itself it goes against artifact rules and should be changed unless square enix wants to give scholar a tier II version of the spell.
    You have two "rules" here that could have been stated before Klimaform reached sub levels. One is that no AF1 can be subbed. One is all spells can be subbed. Klimaform had to break one of these rules.

How do you figure out which one it should break? Well, for me, the fact that the SCH AF1 is a spell means it has already been going against artifact rules since 2007. It seems a perfectly logical next step to say that it's going to continue to follow rules for spells instead of rules for artifacts.

Again, though, I think this is not really a case of logic, it's a case of people feeling slighted, then trying to use logic to back up a pure emotional reaction. The real issue is that the 75-95 run has a lot of missteps in something a lot of people generally agree on - job-specific spells should be more powerful in the hands of the main job than in a subjob. Because of this, I'd much rather continue to suggest that SE make a Klimaform II or raise the potency if Klimaform for SCH main. I feel the same way about this as I do for Gravity for RDM main, and several other such examples.
    (3)

Player
    SE already enhanced Klimaform for Scholar main, it's quite literally double weather (I don't know how SE worked out 25% is double 10%, but whatever) for Scholar with Empyrean feet. They don't need to do anything else to it for Scholar apart from the increased duration which they've already confirmed; though maybe I'm the only person who currently manages to bring its recast equal to its duration.
    (0)

Character
    Alvian
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Sotek View Post
    SE already enhanced Klimaform for Scholar main, it's quite literally double weather (I don't know how SE worked out 25% is double 10%, but whatever) for Scholar with Empyrean feet. They don't need to do anything else to it for Scholar apart from the increased duration which they've already confirmed; though maybe I'm the only person who currently manages to bring its recast equal to its duration.
    How? The recast cap is still 50% last I heard.
    (0)

Player
    Alacrity is applied after recast through Fast Cast/etc. So if you cap recast on Klimaform at 50% (90 seconds), Alacrity is going to bring it down another 50% (45 seconds). Though I was using Lv.75 gear (and not particularly good Lv.75 gear), I don't actually think I ever got the recast down to or below 60 seconds, but it was certainly close.

Just went and tested it, 1.12 recast without Haste (in an event I'd probably ask for Haste), so I'd say it's certainly possible, considering that's with Lv.75 cap gear. It's certainly not practical - for nuking you don't even need to keep Klimaform on full time anyway - but it is possible. Completely redundant argument though, since as I say, SE has confirmed they'll be increasing the duration, in which case it is absolutely something you can keep up full time, it will be a 90 second duration at worst and you can achieve that recast with Alacrity alone.
    (0)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast