Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Character
    Erinael
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    I agree that as the questable af weapon it makes sense for klimaform to be sch only. Arguing over it is silly, it doesn't rightly matter how useful it is or is not, or if its a spell or not. Hell the real argument should be to turn blm, rdm, brd, etc af weapons into marginally useful spells as well.

But who really cares? Macc isn't really a problem for anyone right now, and blm already has ES if it needs macc. The duration is so short and recast is so long that I barely even remember to use it as a sch main with empyrean feet, so if someone levels sch and goes through the quest finds a use for it, I don't care.
    (1)

Character
    Siiri
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    LOL, my sch is 50 for sub job purposes (dinged to 50 before party broke or something), and personally have not bothered to get klimaform.
    (0)

Is there actually any situations where I as a whm95/sch will ever need, or be asked to use klimaform? I don't have it, and I've never noticed anyone commenting on that.
    (0)

Character
    Thelaughingman
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirage View Post
    Is there actually any situations where I as a whm95/sch will ever need, or be asked to use klimaform?
    During Dynamis for Manifestation Sleep? I don't think that would make it even match an ES Sleepga from a WHM/BLM so you really have to go out on a limb. Most of White Mage's other spells are either usually accurate enough with Light Arts and gear that the extra accuracy isn't going to make or break anything. Currently the main usage seems to be to make Scholars with a bad sense of pride get angry (Aurorastorm me or else I start casting your AF spell once every three minutes! Ooo it is so useful to someone /SCH I'm burning you so hard right now!).

The pride over the AF weapon thing is definitely misplaced, because you are basically trying to violate basic gameplay mechanics to keep your pride (sub usable spells are never restricted, only nerfed) when jobs that actually have a reason to be prideful of their spells haven't kept their monopolies either. Further, if the game was remade today, I'd expect a fair amount of the AF quests to be spells, like (maybe) Cura, Refresh, Warp II. Maybe even Dark Knight would have the same with Absorb-TP.

Most of the AF weapons are fairly useless the second you get them or are less then five levels later, so if anything, SCH's AF doesn't fit the trend of AF weapons, so thus, gets to be the exception. Who knows? Maybe people will like the story of the AF quest from Scholar enough that they start to level the job more.
    (1)

Character
    Erinael
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Thanks for drawing that line in the sand again about usability and exceptions.
    (0)

Character
    Raksha
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    As of now klimaform isn't particularly useful, but if monsters start becoming resistant to magic it will start looking better and better.

Subbable klimaform is better for RDM than anyone else imo. with composure buffs it'll last a while (EDIT: does composure stack with klimaform?).

I dont mind klimaform being subbable really, seems like a fair trade for convert.
    (0)
    Last edited by Raksha; 09-28-2011 at 01:01 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Greatguardian View Post
    I want to say that there's a middle ground here but this isn't really middle ground. A lot of old systems were shit. Some new systems aren't much better. What's in the middle of shit and shit? More Shit. So no, I don't want a middle ground. I want something good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Landsoul View Post
    >Twilight Scythe is overpowered that's why we're nerfing it
    >Weapons with double damage compared to relic

LOGIC.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpankWustler View Post
    \m/ (*.*) \m/ "THIS SOLUTION IS THE MOST METAL!" \m/ (*.*) \m/

Character
    Alvian
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 12
    ffx
    Quote Originally Posted by Raksha View Post
    As of now klimaform isn't particularly useful, but if monsters start becoming resistant to magic it will start looking better and better.

Subbable klimaform is better for RDM than anyone else imo. with composure buffs it'll last a while (EDIT: does composure stack with klimaform?).

I dont mind klimaform being subbable really, seems like a fair trade for convert.
    Yeah, it appears Klimaform lasts as long as the recast under Composure.
    (0)

Character
    Raksha
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel_Hatcher View Post
    ffx

Yeah, it appears Klimaform lasts as long as the recast under Composure.
    GG, SE.

10char
    (0)
    Quote Originally Posted by Greatguardian View Post
    I want to say that there's a middle ground here but this isn't really middle ground. A lot of old systems were shit. Some new systems aren't much better. What's in the middle of shit and shit? More Shit. So no, I don't want a middle ground. I want something good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Landsoul View Post
    >Twilight Scythe is overpowered that's why we're nerfing it
    >Weapons with double damage compared to relic

LOGIC.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpankWustler View Post
    \m/ (*.*) \m/ "THIS SOLUTION IS THE MOST METAL!" \m/ (*.*) \m/

Character
    Frejan
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    And what? Sure, nice for RDM to get some extra macc for certain enfeebles, but honestly... It's not gamebreaking at all. I'll be happy to see trigger a difficult to land enfeeble in VW if a RDM uses it.

If they increase the duration of Klimaform, we'll be much more benefitted. after all, more Klimaform means more 10% extra damage nukes.
    (0)
    Frejan from Ragnarok, at your service.

Character
    Jamesy
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    i believe the whole issue with this is people are mad i certainly am Klimaform was our "artifact weapon" notice how i put that in quotes? under se logic artifact weapons were intended for job specific use example you don't see a dancer equipping Paper Knife or a thief using a war hoop. under those circumstances it isn't logical or fair for square enix to allow any job to /sch and gain benefits from our artifact weapon.

p.s. camate i hope you're reading this because it should be brought up with the dev team.

oh and by the way imo i don't care if people think its a fair trade or should be allowed for other jobs to sub klimaform is an "Artifact Weapon" and should be treated as such so that only a scholar can use it.
    it's not a job ability or a spell you gain through leveling its gained via quest and in the scholar artifact line which means it should have the same requirements as any job specific piece where its has to be your main job to use it.
    (2)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast