Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Character
    Byrth
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99

Einherjar Ampuoles

Minor issue that's probably only really relevant to myself.

I'm trying to do Einherjar for Ampuoles so that I can complete my Mythic, which is difficult because there are very few other people interested in it. There is literally one NA linkshell that does this event anymore, they only do it once a week, and I'm about to move to Germany and not be able to go with them anymore. At the rate I am getting Ampuoles (~2000 per week minus Germany), it will take me approximately a year longer to finish my Einherjar ampuoles than all the other mythic requirements combined.

So yeah, why am I in this situation? Well, years ago when Einherjar was endgame content I decided there was no chance I'd ever be able to do a Mythic, so I freely spent my Ampuoles on sidegrades and crafting materials for friends. When I went back to start doing a mythic, I had 500 Ampuoles to my name.

I would love to get a Mythic within a year, and not have this become a dead project after I'm 30,000 Alexandrite in to it. These are things that could help:
    1) Allow me to return items like Omega Ring, Aslan Cape, Ritter Gorget, Rubber Harness, etc. to the NPC for their Ampuole value.
    2a) Reduce the reservation requirement for Einherjar chambers so I can duo it with my two characters.
    2b) Reduce the entrance delay from 72 hours to 23 hours.

If you did either of these things, I could finish Ampuoles within a few months and have a Mythic weapon. If you do nothing, I don't know if I'll ever finish.
    (5)

Character
    Raksha
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Byrth View Post
    2a) Reduce the reservation requirement for Einherjar chambers so I can duo it with my two characters.
    What does this part mean? If you need extra bodies to help you enter (a la salvage) I'm sure plenty of people could help with that.

Otherwise, yeah we're the only group I know of that does einherjar regularly. Your move messing up your playtime is just bad luck ;_;
    (0)
    Quote Originally Posted by Greatguardian View Post
    I want to say that there's a middle ground here but this isn't really middle ground. A lot of old systems were shit. Some new systems aren't much better. What's in the middle of shit and shit? More Shit. So no, I don't want a middle ground. I want something good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Landsoul View Post
    >Twilight Scythe is overpowered that's why we're nerfing it
    >Weapons with double damage compared to relic

LOGIC.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpankWustler View Post
    \m/ (*.*) \m/ "THIS SOLUTION IS THE MOST METAL!" \m/ (*.*) \m/

Character
    Nynja
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Do you really think you could duo chambers? I'm sure 20 levels helps, but it can only go so far.
    (0)

Character
    Byrth
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Nynja View Post
    Do you really think you could duo chambers? I'm sure 20 levels helps, but it can only go so far.
    I cleared 5 mobs in 5 minutes and they were skeletons (I was doing piercing damage). I think I can clear Tier 1 chambers duo fairly often, actually. Even if I don't, just clearing out the trash mobs gets me ~1000 amps.

The entrance requirements aren't as simple as Salvage or Assault. If you don't have >6 people in the zone after 5 minutes, it kicks you out (as I learned). You still get Ampuoles for the stuff you killed, but 200 Ampuoles twice a week isn't getting me anywhere fast either.
    (3)

Character
    Okinoki
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    As someone who is also in the same situation as Byrth, gathering 6 people twice a week for einherjar tier 3 spam is a real pain. Some weeks I have no issues getting people to come along but days when there is 5 of us (who could easily clear most tier 3) we're unable to go do to the entrance requirements.

Although it's very unlikely to happen I'd love nothing more than to be able to refund Aslan/Ritter/Delta and so on as I've had well over 100k ampuoles but spent them all on now pointless pieces. If the dev team could consider this it would be great as technically we have still earned those points at some point.

I enjoy the challenge of making mythic and the amount of alex etc doesn't bother me at all, this is the only stage that's moving at a really slow pace and I think it does need some adjustments. You did mention in the post announcing the lamp price reduction that there are changes planned, could you elaborate at all on this?
    (0)

In regards to Einherjar adjustments, we are planning to add higher tier expansions and also new rewards, but the timing has not yet been decided. (It will be difficult to get it in during the next version update and the one to follow. Apologies!)

We would like to make adjustments not only to Einherjar, but to (as we told you the other day) Nyzul, ZNM, Salvage, and even HNMs as well. Though it may take some time, we hope you are looking forward to these adjustments.
    (25)
    Devin "Camate" Casadey - Community Team

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    In regards to Einherjar adjustments, we are planning to add higher tier expansions and also new rewards, but the timing has not yet been decided. (It will be difficult to get it in during the next version update and the one to follow. Apologies!)

We would like to make adjustments not only to Einherjar, but to (as we told you the other day) Nyzul, ZNM, Salvage, and even HNMs as well. Though it may take some time, we hope you are looking forward to these adjustments.
    I'd be lying if I said that time-frame gave me a euphoric protuberance, but additional tiers goes way beyond my expectations. It warms the cockles of my cockles that the changes to Treasures of Aht Urghan battle stuffs are planned to be more in-depth than just adding some synergy stuffs to the equipment.
    (2)

Character
    Sechs
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Expecting it for the November/December patch would have been naive so no big deal, but "and the one to follow" too is slightly disappointing. The February/March patch seems far away enough for the developers to revamp Einherjar.

Oh well, I guess the fact that they'll be looking on it is news good enough
    (0)
    And the autumn of life has finally come
    with the promise of winter thaw.

Character
    Quetzacoatl
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post

Call the new Einherjar tiers "Vigrith!"

Quote Originally Posted by Wikipedia
    In Norse mythology, the einherjar (Old Norse "lone fighters") are those that have died in battle and are brought to Valhalla by valkyries. In Valhalla, the einherjar eat their fill of the nightly-resurrecting beast Sæhrímnir, and are brought their fill of mead (from the udder of the goat Heiðrún) by valkyries. The einherjar prepare daily for the events of Ragnarök, when they will advance for an immense battle at the field of Vígríðr.
    (2)
    Last edited by Quetzacoatl; 10-01-2011 at 04:25 PM.

Character
    Wolfandre
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Whie that would be a really neat name, that implies that the Ragnarok is happening, and isn't that already a horrible weapon?

I mean, isn't that what you prevented in the ToAU story?

(inb4 Ragnarok owner flame war)
    (1)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast