Character
    Taruguru
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 95

Charged Whiskers kill not providing all exp

I just did some charged Whisker Dominion Op in Grauberg on the Monitor.

Sadly, after a lot of testing, I discovered that some of the monitor I was killing were not providing exp point.

Usually, out of 10 Monitor, only 8 were giving exp. Our last pull was over 25 monster (I took time to count them while they were sleeping) and we only got 5 of them giving exp...

Could you check into this please. Do all monster have this behavior or only Monitor? Is it because I had a Dominion Op activated?

Thanks!!!

Platform: Windows PC

ISP: Vidéotron

Type of Internet Connection: Hi-Speed Cable

Internet Connection Speed: 15Mbit/s

Date & Time: All afternoon (from 1PM to 4PM EST) September 25th

Frequency:
    1. Always with more then 10 kills at the same time.

Character Name: Taruguru

Race: TarutaruM

World: Bismark

Main Job: Blu 92 when started, blu 94 now

Support Job: rdm

Area and Coordinates: Abyssea Grauberg, On Monitors monster, north of the dominion op NPC that is above Conflux 8. Around L-5 / L-6

Party or Solo: Party of 5

NPC Name: Only NPC we were interacting with was the Dominion Op NPC at L-6, taking Dominion op #2

Monster Name: Monitor

Steps:
    0. Go in Abyssea Grauberg with a Blu/Rdm. Get all buff and take the following atma: Atma of the Lion, Atma of the Blinding Horn, Atma of the Ultimate.
    1. Go to the Dominion Op NPC at L-6 and take op #2.
    2. Move North and stop at the edge of the zone the Monitor patrols.
    3. Send someone to aggro and pull back the monitor to the "camp" mentioned above. The pulled can be anyone.
    4. The puller needs to pull more then 10 monster.
    5. The blu sleeps the Monitor with dream flower.
    6. The blu uses those spell and job ability in that order: Enervation, Memento Mori, Burst Affinity, Charged Whiskers
    7. All monsters should die at the same time. Leaving a bunch of chest and completing the Dominion ops.
    8. Look at the exp gained in chat log and calculate the exp gained versus the exp you should get considering the number of monster you just killed.
    9. You will see not all monsters killed provided experience points. Sometimes only 4-5 of the monster were giving exp. Usually it was 8 monster out of 10+.

We even pushed our last pull to 26 monsters, only 6 gave exp... at 320 exp a monster, it's a lot of wasted exp...

EDIT: I forgot I also tried it without taking the dominion ops and got the same results.
    (0)
    Last edited by Taruguru; 09-26-2011 at 02:41 PM.

Character
    Thonuwan
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    I believe that you can only receive XP from 8 monsters at a time in abyssea. Can someone please validate or discredit this statement?
    (0)

Hey Taruguru,

Thank you for posting your concern. I can see why you would be reporting this as a possible bug. We will be happy to forward this, but before we can do that. We will need more information. Could you please fill out the following.

Platform:
    ISP:
    Type of Internet Connection:
    Internet Connection Speed:
    Date & Time:
    Frequency:
    Character Name:
    Race:
    World:
    Main Job:
    Support Job:
    Area and Coordinates:
    Party or Solo:
    NPC Name:
    Monster Name:
    Steps:
    <*Add more steps if necessary.>

Thank you.
    (0)

Character
    Taruguru
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 95
    I Edited my first post with the needed information.
    (0)

Hello again Taruguru,

Thank you for taking the time to fill out the form that I provided. We have made sure to submit all of your information to the development team, and they will thoroughly investigate this matter, based on your report. Unfortunately, I cannot guarantee that a direct response will be posted on this thread, but I do recommend consulting www.PlayOnline.com or http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/fo...ersion-Updates for any details regarding the development team's investigation. Thanks again for your report!
    (0)