Character
    Habiki
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99

Blue Mage, Missing new slots to set spells.

I'm kinda suprised at 95 now we're still stuck at 20 maximum setable spells. Going by the progression from 1-75, we should now be at 24 slots to set spells. I'm not sure this has ever been mentioned before or if this is intended or it's not possible to have more then 20 spells set due to limitations, or does the development team feel any more then 20 slots to set spells would be to much.

1-10=6 spells
    11-20=8 spells
    21-30=10 spells
    31-40=12 spells
    41-50=14 spells
    51-60=16 spells
    61-70=18 spells
    71-80=20 spells
    81-90=20 spells (should be 22)
    91+ = 20 spells (should be 24)

Any info would be much appreciated I see alot of blues complaining about it across these forums and blugartr.
    (0)
    Last edited by Habiki; 09-27-2011 at 05:55 AM.

Character
    Tashan
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Or maybe we've reached the cap.
    (1)

Reduce or get rid of the penalty incurred after setting blue magic spells.
    The concept is that you acquire blue magic spells via learning and then you can change battle strategies by picking and choosing spells within the blue magic spell points and set limitations. If you were able to change spells freely, the whole battle strategy aspect would be lost, so we have no plans to remove/reduce the penalty.

Character
    Vandheer
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    I agree with Habiki and everything he said but his conclusion regarding the PS2... PS2 does set limitations for SE and what they do but being they've added as much as they have since 81+ I highly doubt they haven't raised the BLU spell cap just because of the limitations the PS2 may be causing. Rather then rushing to a conclusion as to why SE is doing this it be better to ask SE for more BLU spell slots and argue your point why its needed.

That being said I believe Blue Mage could use the raise in the spell cap. Since level 75 more spells have been added and the cap hasn't been raised. Like Tashan said its possible we've reached the max amount of spells we can set but adding more spells for Blue Mages to set would save us a lot of trouble with setting yellow proc spells. ^^
    (1)
    ~ BST 99, SAM 96, DRG 96, BLU 91, THF 90 ~
    http://www.ffxiah.com/player/Leviathan/Vandheer

Character
    Habiki
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Vandheer View Post
    I agree with Habiki and everything he said but his conclusion regarding the PS2... PS2 does set limitations for SE and what they do but being they've added as much as they have since 81+ I highly doubt they haven't raised the BLU spell cap just because of the limitations the PS2 may be causing. Rather then rushing to a conclusion as to why SE is doing this it be better to ask SE for more BLU spell slots and argue your point why its needed.

That being said I believe Blue Mage could use the raise in the spell cap. Since level 75 more spells have been added and the cap hasn't been raised. Like Tashan said its possible we've reached the max amount of spells we can set but adding more spells for Blue Mages to set would save us a lot of trouble with setting yellow proc spells. ^^
    I'll agree blaiming the PS2 off the bat wasn't the right way to start my post and I changed it since I have no clue what the reasoning behind not getting the additional 4 slots to set spells. I imagine it could be anything maybe the legacy code can't handle any more slots or it's just an oversight like with Samurais Store TP trait increase that was missing at lvl 90 but was later added. Hopefully the reason they weren't added wasn't because it would be to overpowered.

I'm hoping they just forgot^^.
    (0)

Character
    Covenant
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 90
    I think for the final levels, SE is going to go the "Unbridled knowledge" route, perhaps including new merit abilities as well. It hard on bluemages, what with all the spells we have available to be so confounded to just 20 plus "UB" spells. I was really hoping for new/higher tiers of blue job traits but oh well. A 5min timer on awesome spells that don't need to be set is cool too.
    (0)

Character
    Kwate
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 95
    Personally I would like our T3 merits for Unbridled Learning to include at least 1 of the following options:

1) recast reduction (no 4 sec BS, maybe 10~15sec per upgrade)
    2) allow to cast 2 spells per JA activation within maybe a 30~60sec timeframe once activated
    3) maybe a JT that randomly allows you to cast 2 spells with UL (10~25% perhaps)

The way I see it, once some stronger perhaps more useful spells get added to the arsenal, 5min is going to be entirely too long.

On a different note, if SE does has to limit us to 20 spells slots, I would like to hear why, but I think the arguments for a new JA to open up the spell list becomes more viable if this is the case.
    (0)