Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Third Tier

Third Tier

If at this moment SE opens a 'Group 3' Merit for all jobs, what suggestions do You have to fill-in these slots? I am curious about everyone's stand point on this issue. Keep in mind, You only need the post jobs You favor. If, however, You want to post a full list for All Jobs, feel free. It's all in fun to promote good conversation.

For Myself I perfer the following:

WAR
    +Critical Attack Bonus III [Job Trait]
    +Blood Rage Recast Time (max merits reduce time to 3 mins)
    *On a side note, Blood Rage's duration, in My opinoin, shuold be 1min 30 secs

Samurai
    +Sekkanoki Recast Time (max merits reduce time to 3 mins)
    +Install Attack Bonus I-III [Job Trait]
    These two may boost Samurai's DoT.

DarkKnight
    +Critical Attack Bonus II [Job Trait]
    +Scarlet Deliriun Recast Time/Duration
    + "Insert name" Refresh/Conserve MP (Each merit upgrades it by 2%) [Job Trait]

I understandd that what is listed above is broken to some extent. I am bias to these jobs.
    (1)
    Last edited by Glacont; 09-29-2011 at 09:09 PM.

Abyssea type atma merits, massively boost triple attack/crits/refresh etc.

Just make them require mass amounts of merits to gain.
    (2)

Character
    Camiie
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    I don't have anything specific, but I would like to see them be more "passive" bonuses than for opening up new spells/abilities. I may be flamed to hell for this, but for most jobs I'm pretty well at my limit for abilities already.

If they are very expensive to merit, as Runespider is suggesting, then I hope they will let us store even more merit points or let us /gasp... apply them in the field...
    (1)

Character
    Thelaughingman
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Runespider View Post

I honestly hope triple attack and refresh never happen. Triple attack could overpower 2handed weapons, while screwing up multihitter weapons that hit a bunch per round (since double/triple/quadruple attack takes precedence over multihitters). Refresh would permanently screw over Red Mage more then the game already has, while making magic casters much stronger.

Both are traits that, if allowed to be meritable, should be job specific (like Triple Attack on Thief is now).

Criticals are a solid choice however, but they already made the list last time. Looking at the current list of "other" merits, we get a list of a bunch of passive things:

Enmity Increase (+1 per upgrade)
    Enmity Decrease (-1 per upgrade)
    Critical Hit Rate (+1% per upgrade)
    Enemy Critical Hit Rate (-1% per upgrade)
    Spell Interruption Rate (-2% per upgrade)

Critical Hit Rate is already on this list. But if we want to think outside the box, there are a few things we can do. A major issue with any list like this however, is not just balancing the choices, but balancing them with each other (unless you can merit all of them).
    • A merit category that allows you to get increased bonuses from all your sub jobs.
    • A merit category that increases total accuracy (and ignores the cap), up to 5%.
    • A merit category that provides a small amount of Subtle Blow.
    • A merit category that reduces job ability recasts by a certain percentage (such as 5~10%).
    • A merit category that gives 1-5 points of Auto-Regen.
    I feel that this list is much more passive, and much less overpowering then stuff like triple attack or refresh.
    (4)

Character
    Kitori
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Runespider View Post

This is the worst idea I've ever read in my entire life.
    (15)

Character
    Zatias
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    These merits should be powerful, and as such have big costs compared to previous merits.

Job Specific
    Max per category:9 increases
    Max per ability: 3 increases
    Upgrading: 10/15/20 (merits)

Example: RDM
    • Enspell damage
      Increase enspell damage by 3 points per upgrade.
    • Refresh potency
      Increase potency of "Refresh" spells by 1 point per upgrade.
    • Composure Effect
      Composure will add an attack and critical hit rate bonus when in effect. 5% boosts per upgrade.
    • Enpower (spell)
      Enhancing Magic
      MP Cost: 88MP
      Casting Time: 6 seconds
      Recast Time: 1 minute
      Duration: 3 minutes
      Targeting: Self or Party Member

Enables you to occasionally deal double damage. Increase spell potency by 2% per upgrade (6% base activation rate).

There, now melee RDM's can have their fun and backliners will get some new toys as well.

Let the flaming commence.
    (3)

Character
    Kitori
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Zatias View Post
    These merits should be powerful, and as such have big costs compared to previous merits.

Job Specific

Example: RDM
    • Enspell damage
      Increase enspell damage by 3 points per upgrade.
    • Refresh potency
      Increase potency of "Refresh" spells by 1 point per upgrade.
    • Composure Effect
      Composure will add an attack and critical hit rate bonus when in effect. 5% boosts per upgrade.
    • Enpower (spell)
      Enhancing Magic
      MP Cost: 88MP
      Casting Time: 6 seconds
      Recast Time: 1 minute
      Duration: 3 minutes
      Targeting: Self or Party Member

Enables you to occasionally deal double damage. Increase spell potency by 2% per upgrade (6% base activation rate).

There, now melee RDM's can have their fun and backliners will get some new toys as well.

Let the flaming commence.
    Your ideas do nothing besides make RDM have 2 spells they're invited for instead of one, fixing none of the problems with the job(inability to cure/debuff properly).

You would be better off inviting a RDM mule to refresh2 and enpower people and do nothing else. That is not good job design.
    (0)
    Last edited by Shiyo; 09-26-2011 at 12:59 AM.

Character
    Thelaughingman
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Zatias View Post
    Job Specific
    Job specific merits definitely have a much bigger area to be stronger, since you can gear around the jobs.

Empower being party targetable gives me mixed feelings, especially with such a short duration. The enspell bonus you described is too weak compared to the other buffs you suggested, unless Red Mage is going to get another multihit enspell tier. If I had to suggest one for Red Mage, assuming three upgrades, I'd have something like:
    • Magic Fencer
      Increases Magic Accuracy and the rate of Magic Critical when wielding with the main hand only. Grants a damage bonus to magic spells.
      Grants +10 Magic Accuracy, +3% Magic Critical Chance, and +1 Magic Damage Affinity per upgrade.

The main thought is that Red Mages wouldn't benefit from using a Staff with this ability, but would when equipped with a weapon and a shield. It might also fit more if it was also only active under Composure, but the game description is pretty long as is.

Also to be honest, I'm still holding out hope SE makes a shield that gives some low tier boosts to most or all magic, but this would be a start (if only for Red Mage).
    (1)

Character
    Zatias
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiyo View Post
    Your ideas do nothing besides make RDM have 2 spells they're invited for instead of one, fixing none of the problems with the job(inability to cure/debuff properly).

You would be better off inviting a RDM mule to refresh2 and enpower people and do nothing else. That is not good job design.
    As I expected, especially for giving a RDM example.

I said they were examples, and these are MERIT abilities. They aren't including what the job might get naturally from 96-99 (Which is probably nothing, if we're only talking about RDM).
    (0)

Character
    Kitori
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    RDM will get another useless melee DD spell when it's not a melee job 96-99 don't worry!
    (2)

Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast