Mrkillface
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Atomic_Skull View Post
    Calling it now.

Thief: Treasure Hunter IV
    Yes, and 8 years from now the dev team will kill 1000 mobs on monk, to prove that it does ................ something.
    (4)

blue mage should be able to get a trait that gives extra spell slots per upgrade to go with the group 2 merit, assimilation, which increases blue magic points. (it's very easy to run out of room for spells without using all your points at 95.)
    (1)

Character
    Arcon
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Vold View Post
    <prolonged /sigh>
    Exactly my reaction to that. SE's fear of overpowering things is ridiculous. They have no idea what that word means. And they have no idea how people use two-hours. They are rarely planned (DD abilities in zerg situations aside, although those don't really happen much, if at all anymore), they are fallback emergency-abilities. Which means sometimes, when you're in a certain bad situation, you will quickly hit a two-hour ability in the hope to avert defeat. However, that will also mean that you've now blocked access to your shiny new two-hour ability. It wasn't planned, you didn't "decide" to take one over the other, just the way the game plays it forced you to use one, and locks you out of the other. That's all there is to it, and the new two-hour abilities will do just the same, they won't be planned, they will just be used in emergencies when it fits. What SE should do is reduce the recast to 1h or even 30min. That way, we still couldn't abuse it all the time (once per fight max), but we wouldn't shy away from using it in the fear of losing it for an event later that day. Then the new two-hour abilities would maybe even work on a shared recast. Maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    2. Raise the maximum limit for merit points
    Please tell me you mean merit points per category, and not the number of limit points (i.e. 20). That would actually be tremendously useful, especially if it's for the general categories too, and not just for the job-specific ones. Any further info on that?

Quote Originally Posted by Atomic_Skull View Post
    Calling it now.

Thief: Treasure Hunter IV
    I would bet money on this.
    (4)
    All affirmations are true in some sense, false in some sense, meaningless in some sense, true and false in some sense, true and meaningless in some sense, false and meaningless in some sense, and true and false and meaningless in some sense.
    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
    FFXI: Leviathan > Arcon
    FFXIV: Selbina > Arcon Villiers

Character
    Thelaughingman
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by MojoJojo View Post
    I'm wondering what nin 2hr merit will accomplish? Auto-reraise? Kick Nagi down another notch and give you 100% hp upon raise?
    Ultimately, SE should have never had a 2hour enhancement on Nagi, it isn't used as often as other job's enhancements. I think a better choice would be "Enhances Ninja Tool Expertise +25%" at level 75, and it scales up to 100% at 95, and at 99 it just allows you to use Ninjutsu without any tools in your inventory, or something much like this. Problem instantly solved and the weapon is still heavily desired. The 2hour bonus can be on the weapon still if people are attached too, but sheesh.
    (3)

Character
    Opto
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 68
    i would like to be able to merit two hour abilities down to 5min recast, that'd be really awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    (1)

Character
    Kogenta
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    I think this can be quite good depending by how it will be implemented. We will be able to choose between 2 2hours abilities depending by the situation, like a defensive and a offensive one.

Thief: Perfect Dodge & Perfect Attack
    War: Mighty Strikes & Mighty Defense
    Pld: Invincible & something that for example cap your enmity immediatly or doesn't let you lose enmity at all while this 2h is in use
    Whm: Benediction & Resurrection (raise aoe) or something like Sacrosantity but that last for more than one use.

depending by the situation you want to choose what 2hour ability is the best one for that situation. We are not using them usually so i don't care if they share recast.
    (1)

Character
    Thelaughingman
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Kogenta View Post
    Pld: Invincible & something that for example cap your enmity immediatly or doesn't let you lose enmity at all while this 2h is in use
    Invincible already comes with a large enmity spike on use that can, most of the time, steal hate from a WHM that just popped Benediction.
    (3)

Character
    Urteil
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Glacont View Post
    If at this moment SE opens a 'Group 3' Merit for all jobs, what suggestions do You have to fill-in these slots? I am curious about everyone's stand point on this issue. Keep in mind, You only need the post jobs You favor. If, however, You want to post a full list for All Jobs, feel free. It's all in fun to promote good conversation.

For Myself I perfer the following:

WAR
    +Critical Attack Bonus III [Job Trait]
    +Blood Rage Recast Time (max merits reduce time to 3 mins)
    *On a side note, Blood Rage's duration, in My opinoin, shuold be 1min 30 secs

Samurai
    +Sekkanoki Recast Time (max merits reduce time to 3 mins)
    +Install Attack Bonus I-III [Job Trait]
    These two may boost Samurai's DoT.

DarkKnight
    +Critical Attack Bonus II [Job Trait]
    +Scarlet Deliriun Recast Time/Duration
    + "Insert name" Refresh/Conserve MP (Each merit upgrades it by 2%) [Job Trait]

I understandd that what is listed above is broken to some extent. I am bias to these jobs.
    And lack proper knowledge.

Why is Scarlet Crap mentioned at all, what am I going to do with refresh/conserve mp on DRK when most spells aren't worth casting, and where the shit is Drain III on that list?
    (1)

Character
    Lokithor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    I can't believe the amount of cynicism and qq'ing I'm reading in this thread. 90% of the posters are either just +1'ing or whining. Camate has given us a glimpse into the Developers' strategy - how about posts that now try to fill up this thread with useful suggestions that fit the strategy instead of "do this thing instead" or "SE doesn't get it" whining?

I attempted to do this in my posts about useful things that could be added to existing 2 hours in a new Group 3 category.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lokithor View Post
    I'll start the speculation off.

Let's assume that Group 3 is ONLY about 2-hour strengthening. (The wording can be interpreted that way, although the 2-hour thing may only be one element of group 3).

Each group normally has 4 or 5 choices, each choice can have 5 levels with a max combination of 10 through the group. This would allow several different "original 2 hour" buffs you could apply, mix and match, various levels, to totally customize your 2 hour.

Let's try a couple out.

Ranger: Eagle Eye Shot

1. Increase damage by 1 per level (EES is now effectively 5x hit). 5/5 would double the damage. Bah, make it 2 per level. We rngs deserve it.
    2. Increase accuracy in 5 steps up to guaranteed accurate.
    3. Increase range up to 2x current range over 5 steps
    4. Decrease enmity in 5 steps up to max of zero enmity
    5. Decrease recast timer by 20 mins, 10 mins per step thereafter for max 1 hour reduction.

Thief: Perfect Dodge

1. Increase duration of effect 5 sec per step. Max would be 55 sec from current 30
    2. Add chance to dodge ranged attacks. 20% per step to max of 100%
    3. Add chance to dodge magical attacks. 20% per step to max of 100%
    4. Increase enmity when used so at level 5/5 it is equal to (unmerited) invincible
    5. Decrease recast timer by 20 mins, 10 mins per step thereafter for max 1 hour reduction.

Anyone else care to be constructive?

2. Raise the maximum limit for merit points
    I agree with other posters regarding what I hope this means. The BEST thing SE could do with existing merit groups is to remove ALL combo limits so that people could max out each and every item.
    (2)
    Last edited by Lokithor; 11-05-2011 at 10:55 PM.

Player
    If one of the Category 3 merits is a very, VERY, VERY potent reduction to recast that will pretty much save the new category from being a let-down.

As usual, the outcome of this will depend on whether the development bros put on their thinking caps or their horrible mistake Spider-man underpants.
    (1)

Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast