RDM healing/support idea.

i posted this a while back but it sorta got lost in the flames.. i thought it was a good idea anyway, or at least worthy of discussion so here goes, blatent repost.

"you know that new earring that had "potency of cure effect RECIEVED +5%"? lets make that a spell! give it a strong duration, single targetable, and HEAVILY influenced by enhancing magic skill (this way if they decide to give it to whm later we may still have the "better" version) you put it on your tank, and huzzah!

then in a bigger group situation, this is still helpful even if you have a whm. you're helping him cure more efficiently. this also mitigates the issue of being as overpowered as giving rdm cure5 proper because you can't cast these bigger cures freely, you have to setup and "predict" who is going to be taking the damage. and if you end up "needing" it on 4-5 melees.. well.. then you get a whm?"

sorry for the obvious copy/paste, but yah.. people have been wanting something to improve rdm as a healer. a lot are screaming for cure5.. and a lot of others are screaming no, because of the old issue of "replacing" whm. well.. that's my idea. so long as it's kept separate from the current cure potency cap i see a lot of potential in it.
    (3)

It's a solid idea, nothing groundbreaking but it would give a solid cure boost to those who need it most, and without the ability to keep it on everyone at any given time it keeps people from prematurely trying to return RDM to WHM-1 again. Although I might go one step further and give the spell a ridiculously long recast time, or make it to where the buff can only be maintained on one party member at a time (per individual who casts it) just so it does not become another "cycle" spell.
    (2)

Character
    Kalsena
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    While I'm not sure the 'one person' aspect is possible, longer recast/duration should be doable. Focus on the tank or two then that's it. As is, it should break the cure potency cap, scale with enhancing magic, and maybe even add an -enmity effect for the person curing. But that's as close as I'll get to Cure V.
    (1)

Player
    All I can hear is the sound of Red Mages getting ready to cry about having another spell to cycle.

Besides, this seems like the weird sort of stuff they'd give to Scholar.
    (0)

Character
    Alvian
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 12
    Quote Originally Posted by cidbahamut View Post
    All I can hear is the sound of Red Mages getting ready to cry about having another spell to cycle.

Besides, this seems like the weird sort of stuff they'd give to Scholar.
    It's exactly what they'd give to SCH in that it's like a battle tactic.
    (0)

Character
    Grievor
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    I can agree with this.
    (0)