Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
    Character
    Grievor
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Thankyou for the correction kitkat. And shiyo, your vote has been tallied, thankyou for your input, your reasoning does not much matter.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Doombringer View Post
    a lot of you guys are missing the key point here. in his hypothetical he's saying whatever mage update would happen, happens no matter what. so you can't vote "for' mage side. since that happens no matter what anyone says. so in the world of sunshine and fairies where rdm mage is gonna be totally fine no matter what, would you also like melee with that? i know i would.
    Unfortunately we have to deal with reality and not the land of bunny rainbow carpet rides. Development man-hours are limited, despite what certain posters would have us believe, and tweaking melee really doesn't do anything for the job. Magical updates are where it 's at.
    (1)

Character
    Fistandantilus
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    As a 75 rdm in 04' as my 1st job no to rdm melee enhancements. Yes to CureV, and stronger nukes.
    (1)

~Party Rock Anthem~

Character
    Stylin
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    For melee because developments aren't handled by an indie dev team.
    (2)

Character
    Elementa
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 1
    No for melee, yes for mage oriented updates.
    (0)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    False on both counts. I don't always disagree, nor do I think I'm always right.

Character
    Tamoa
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    I wasn't going to post in a thread like this, but just in case SE reps actually see this thread and take note of the result: As a rdm main for years, as far as rdm melee improvements go - no, no and no.
    (1)

Voting against rdm melee.

Also I think it's pretty retarded that your poll is "assuming we're definitely getting awesome mage updates anyway... would you like to improve melee?". Your poll is designed to make it appear as if rdms want melee update. You basically said "Assuming we get [A], would you also like to get [B]?" when getting [B] wont affect [A], and when [A] is what the majority are concerned about.

There really isn't a reason to vote against it, so what's the point of it? If anything it poses a problem because it will be mis-interpreted as "rdms want melee buffs more than mage".

I say there isn't a reason to vote against it, but I still am voting against it, because I don't want this to be mis-interpreted like I stated above.
    (2)

Character
    Grievor
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Count updated, and as doombringer said, this is hypothetical and based solely on choices, no reasoning nessesary, my opinion aside, i will not skew the numbers, but it needs to be seen atleast out of the posting community where the chips are, and if nothing else, this will show everyone like-minded people on this subject and prevent politics of saying "there are x hundred red mages wanting y." Sometimes people need to take a publicly visible stance and put their name on a list. This poll is for that reason, that said, thankyou Cid, your vote has been marked, please avoid any further comments about how the development team may or may not work, it is not your nor my place to attempt to sway voters. Thankyou.

As for you noodles, yes i did pose it in a way to say that mage updates would not be neglected, i wanted to hear people's thoughts on the principle of the subject, not feeling they are signing a death of a way of life, but are adding their support or opposition to something that is seen nearly universally defficient and not socially acceptable, it is not ment to mislead anyone. Quite simply its more of asking "are you okay seeing red mage melee and if so do you think you would like to see them do so better?" So thankyou for your imput, adding you, and please refrain from further posts of why you feel said way, this poll will not reflect why, just what.
    (1)
    Last edited by Crimson_Slasher; 09-25-2011 at 07:10 PM.

Character
    Saevel
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    This is a flame bait poll. Not only that but it's premise is flawed.

No matter what you typed, you will get tons of people running to the "no" side, for no other reason then they want their WHM-1 back.

You could of wrote

"Assuming RDM gets Cure V, Raise III, Thundaja next update, would you also like some melee buff / spell?" And their answer would of been the exact same "no because it might encourage someone to melee and I need them to be Cureing me".

And while I'm hoping all aspects of the job get enhanced, both mage and melee, our melee is the side that is hurt the most. It's so hurt that you have people coming on and saying "its not what RDM is for", when the job ~IS~ clearly designed for that, just poorly implemented.

Take this as an example
    Casting my vote as well against melee improvements; while I'd like them, I'd much rather focus on our magical role first and foremost.
    The post clearly said mage side would get updates regardless, so "yes" to melee wouldn't hurt mage. Yet people would post saying "no" for no other reason then to spite the others. I'd suggest you delete this thread before it goes the way of the others.
    (2)
    Last edited by saevel; 09-25-2011 at 07:25 PM.

Character
    Grievor
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Your concern is recognized, however the only way debate will form in this poll is through posts like your own, if you do not wish to cast a vote, please do not post in here, and please avoid any posts otherwise, this is not the place for them.
    (0)

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast