Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14
    Character
    Capriciousone
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 95
    Quote Originally Posted by cidbahamut View Post
    Unfortunately we have to deal with reality and not the land of bunny rainbow carpet rides. Development man-hours are limited, despite what certain posters would have us believe, and tweaking melee really doesn't do anything for the job. Magical updates are where it 's at.
    I disagree I think they are biased against the job myself. Developers don't have time to revamp red mage because they waste more time on other jobs giving it crap it doesnt really need anyway.

I would love more melee gear with higher total defense for armor sets in excess of 200 DEF that isnt rare or ex as well as higher base damage swords past level 80 nearing a base damge of like 75 or so that also isnt rare/ex as well.

I have little faith in SE doing anything but more mage bs for RDM so i might just hang up RDM permanently and become something else or just quit playing altogether soon. Jack of all trades is just an illusion since apparently melee isnt included. If it wasnt then RDM would have at least tier 1 and 2 of all melee and mage bonus traits at the very least without a sub.
    (1)

Character
    Saevel
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    @Swords,

Pretty much nailed it.
    Everyone else likes to talk smack, but no one wants to be in RDM's position, ever.
    (0)

Character
    Kalsena
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Or am I being incredibly stupid and idealistic about it?
    Attempting to adhere to the job theme or concept has been a subject of the argument before. Sadly, you will have people who will gut that purely for functionality even though the hybrid style could be achieved if SE was willing to take the needed steps toward it. And if they did, assuredly these same people would kick and scream because they'd either have to chase new gear or learn to play the job in a way that wasn't a wannabe WHM or BLM. For some, RDM was that easy street to whatever in the past because it was the job everyone wanted around, but very few actually wanted to play. I don't view the fall from grace, as it were, so much a case of RDM declining as it was Abyssea proc system not favoring us very well with both magic and WS. The problems you see some grumbling about now existed back then. The only thing that's really changed is some of the ideas based on things we've seen SE release since.
    (3)

I am for tweaks to both sides, I like to mage and melee, unfortunately RDM is currently pretty shitty at both.
    (2)
    There is no min only max. Or something like that.

Character
    Rayik
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 95
    Quote Originally Posted by saevel View Post
    We want them both to the same level, not one preferred over the other. I'm for all three of our facets being buffed (WHM, BLM, WAR) and given updates too, not one or two. If you want to focus only one one side of RDM then go play a specialized job, this job is about being a part WHM, part BLM, part WAR. And over the past 8 years it's been the melee side that's been neglected the most. What your experiencing now in the mage world is what melee side has been experiencing for nearly 8 years. You complain about 1~3 years of stagnant mage growth when the job has 6~8 years of stagnant melee growth.

Seriously, learn the meaning of balance.
    This. BALANCE.

You want "mage onry", go play one.

You want "lolmelee", go play one.

RDM should be able to do both in a reasonable way. We're getting there, slowly but surely.
    (3)
    I believe it's entirely possible to promote ideas and feedback without resorting to screaming matches, troll-fests, or unnecessary self-aggrandizement with heavy-handed condescension. SE is much more likely to listen to reasonable posts rather than screaming matches. Speak like an adult, if you wish to be treated like one.

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14