Thread: ability idea

Character
    Cloudius
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99

ability idea

Pact Charge: Resets the BP timers at the cost of half the avatars remaining HP.
    Recast time: 10 minutes

would like to see this happen as summoner needs a bit of attention to keep up with the DD these days, could also be used like "WS > Bloodpact Rage > SC (at this time use Pact Charge) Bloodpact Rage (nuke) > MB"
    (0)
    Cloudius

Shiva

SMN99 WHM99 BLM99 THF99 PLD99 SAM99 NIN99 BLU99 DNC99 MNK99 WAR99

Character
    Soranika
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 95
    Not sure I can get behind that. Ideal behind summoning is sacrificing what you can give to your avatars. I'd rather see that take a percentage of SMN HP than the avatars.

And SMN do not need to keep up with melee DD. As it stands, higher damaging blood pacts do not open or close skill chains, so you'd need to deliberately use use weaker blood pacts. And if you want to follow up with magic burst, you'd have to hope that the avatar you have out can do close both the sc and the magic burst.... How many SMN are around that have the coordination for that?
    (1)
    Main Job: SMN95 <Hvergelmir 85 obtained 9/10/11>
    Side Jobs: WHM95 DNC95
    Gimp Jobs: SCH95 NIN95
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimikryo View Post
    If waiting 15 minutes is such an issue to you, I hope you never get stuck in public transport or in an elevator. You probably will go insane.

Character
    Cloudius
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    or maybe an ability where the avatar can set enemy up for a skillchain (like Wild Flourish) allowing the melee summoner to WS and create the skillchain so the avatar can burst where possible.
    (0)
    Cloudius

Shiva

SMN99 WHM99 BLM99 THF99 PLD99 SAM99 NIN99 BLU99 DNC99 MNK99 WAR99

Character
    Ezekieal
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    maybe lvl 99 physical bp's will have light or darkness properties so will be able to make those sc's with double back to back useage, would also be easier to burst with 4 options with each
    (0)

Character
    Thelaughingman
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Soranika View Post
    And SMN do not need to keep up with melee DD. As it stands, higher damaging blood pacts do not open or close skill chains, so you'd need to deliberately use use weaker blood pacts. And if you want to follow up with magic burst, you'd have to hope that the avatar you have out can do close both the sc and the magic burst.... How many SMN are around that have the coordination for that?
    This isn't just about melee SMN, being able to coordinate with another person to skillchain would be nice, since Summoners don't always play solo or in situations where they are free to melee. Of course, the option for both is a very nice thing.

I wish you could open and close skillchains with avatars on the newer bloodpacts... it is nice to skillchain whether you are doing it yourself, or coordinating with a friend.
    (0)

Player
    There are no "newer" DD bloodpacts. Just saying.
    (0)

Character
    Soranika
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 95
    With only 5 more levels to go, I have no faith in SE to add any new blood pact: rage abilities to the current avatar line up since there's two more avatars coming around that time. So instead let's focus on what we can do by figuring out what skill chains we can do that can deal significant damage that you can't do out right with current list of both high tier and merited blood pacts. Damage of the blood pact and skill chain combined have to be greater than using your strongest blood pact on that particular avatar if your goal is to maximize damage.

Then after that, you still have to compare the damage of our skill chain to the to others. SMN do not have skill chain bonus traits or gear and last I remember, neither magic burst bonuses on avatars. Correct me if I'm wrong.
    (0)
    Main Job: SMN95 <Hvergelmir 85 obtained 9/10/11>
    Side Jobs: WHM95 DNC95
    Gimp Jobs: SCH95 NIN95
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimikryo View Post
    If waiting 15 minutes is such an issue to you, I hope you never get stuck in public transport or in an elevator. You probably will go insane.