Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Character
    Zagen
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcon View Post
    THF+WHM works too. A tad slower kill, but the tad better rewards make up for it. Survival is a non-issue anyway, except on Ogopogo, depending on your Atma/buffs, but WHM can finish it off easily too.
    I agree on all T2s but I had issues on Brulo as THF but not as MNK. Haven't done Maere so I don't know there.
    (0)

Character
    Arcon
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Zagen View Post
    I agree on all T2s but I had issues on Brulo as THF but not as MNK. Haven't done Maere so I don't know there.
    I've done THF on him too, but the spikes are rather harmless, even if 2x Triple Attack, it's only 400~500 HP lost. May need to turn occasionally to let WHM catch a breath, but it shouldn't be an issue, especially considering Inferno is not nearly as damaging as some AF counterparts. That was with full out DD Atma too, if you gear for Fire-defense it should be even easier.
    (0)
    All affirmations are true in some sense, false in some sense, meaningless in some sense, true and false in some sense, true and meaningless in some sense, false and meaningless in some sense, and true and false and meaningless in some sense.
    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
    FFXI: Leviathan > Arcon
    FFXIV: Selbina > Arcon Villiers

Character
    Zagen
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcon View Post
    I've done THF on him too, but the spikes are rather harmless, even if 2x Triple Attack, it's only 400~500 HP lost. May need to turn occasionally to let WHM catch a breath, but it shouldn't be an issue, especially considering Inferno is not nearly as damaging as some AF counterparts. That was with full out DD Atma too, if you gear for Fire-defense it should be even easier.
    Wasn't the spikes that did it, oddly enough he had crazy ACC on me. Well enough that I didn't have shadows up a few times in between TP moves. I may go back and try it again on THF just not a fan of slower kills but TH is nice... heh. Had RR/GH/Apoc Atmas, but didn't really use an evasion set on THF just DD gear.
    (0)

I would just speed up the Azdaja process by brewing them. If you can find people to hold KIs for you. His +2 drops aren't all that popular so it can be hard to find KI holders.
    (0)

Character
    Hideka
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    personaly i think T2s need to have 3+ spawns. this one at a time every 10 mins and not a 100% vert rate stuff is bogus.
    (3)

Character
    Shyuko
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by hideka View Post
    personaly i think T2s need to have 3+ spawns. this one at a time every 10 mins and not a 100% vert rate stuff is bogus.
    Couldn't agree more with you.

Thankfully, I'm nearly finished. -.-
    Such a task it has been, but can't complain since it will allow me to be more flexible on the field.
    Best of luck to the rest of you folks working on this Shield.^^
    (0)

Character
    Nynja
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    You know you COULD attempt to upgrade to a colorful abyssite outside of Heroes areas, where they arent as strong/annoying.

They should also move the seals off the VNM to an unused pop NM
    Koios seals > Waugyl
    Chione seals > Anemic Aloysius
    Gamayun seals > Burstrox Powderpate
    (1)
    Last edited by Nynja; 11-25-2011 at 03:29 AM.

Character
    Jeubond
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Yes please & why on earth do T3's shatter upon use yet T2's can go up to 1/11 if you are really unlucky [in the end after the 11th I threw it & got another before my sanity was lost forever !].
    It seems crazy to me that we can obtain 1 shield by our own hard work & grind [Aegis] yet the Ochain is purely down to PVP/ luck as to who can run & pop it first, I've seen up to 5 people all running & then pure bile & hatred from the others when it is claimed. I'm talking about all 3 possible colorless soul zones here, all are heavily camped at the moment. As if this was'nt enough to put you off you then have to compete for the next stage too, I'm off to lie down in a darkened room . . . . .
    Maybe SE needs to re-think it's policy on pops/??? in general & when due to one of it's updates they become heavily camped adjust accordingly ?
    PVP should be voluntary, not enforced . . . . . .
    (1)
    Last edited by Jeubond; 02-07-2014 at 09:28 PM.
    War99/Mnk99/Blu99/Nin99/Pld99/Dnc99/Blm99/Whm99/Bst99/Cor99/Brd60/Sam54/Drk52/Rdm50/Thf49/Sch49/Smn32/Rng30/Pup18

http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/User:Joncowcare

http://beastlyexploits.guildwork.com

Character
    Presidentobama
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    75 Azdaja Horns took me 44 hours straight

What on earth are you guys smoking? These horns are cakewalk. As a 99 empy staff holder I needed 75 of these. You can blue mage burn bombs and get the KI to pop this dragon no problem. If you have a dual box to hold a second trigger or friend, or even free exp leaches who only have to hold a KI you can do this in 1-3 afternoons. As for killing this guy in mass time, do a few morta runs. Get Crour, and brew 3x at once. Two weapon skills and the NM is dead. you can kill thre eto five of these before brew wears off

I have no pity for Ochain people. Most ochain users are lvl 90. and wielding 119 gear. Yet a lvl 90 shield beats out all new gear, B.S. if most people took that shield to 99 or 119 then I say sure. But a shield -30 levels under current gear content is a joke that it is still supreme.

At least the brds upgrade their instrument. And Aegis users upgrade their shield.
    (0)

Player
    Ochain has hardly any benefit from being upgraded past 90. Aegis is not only easier and cheaper to upgrade but breaks a Damage Taken cap in a way no other gear in the game does for that damage type, making it insanely powerful, any upgrade to that effect only makes it more powerful, and it can get to the point of practically negating all magic damage. BRDs upgrade because of an additional song for doing so, not the duration, and the duration is the same benefit practically as what Ochain gives, a small benefit which helps but is not anywhere near the millions or hundreds of millions required to upgrade it to 99. Ochain literally gives you a whole 10% more MP per block, a great boon for the shield, not worth the cost, and that is the only change from 90 to 99. There are no 119 upgrades, if there were, you would see a lot more people going for plates to upgrade their Ochain, till then, 10% extra MP from blocks will not come close to being worth it.
    (2)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast