Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Character
    Sylow
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel_Hatcher View Post
    So you want to steal WHM's Solace effect for DNC..... okay then!
    Yeah, kind of like DNC stole Dual Wield from Ninja.
    (5)

Character
    Darkvalkyr
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 95
    I dunno...as a DNC I want to be more supportive, and I wholly approve of the slew of support ideas posted, but please, I don't want them to buff DNC's physical ability without doing more for THF's.
    (0)

Character
    Sylow
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    THF will always have a spot due to Treasure Hunter. As a THF, complaining about a DNC's ability to do damage is like a RNG complaining that COR has better options for doing damage with Wildfire.

THF and DNC don't compete for a spot, so there's absolutely no need to balance them against each other.

Not that I'm arguing for an enhancement to the DNC's ability to deal damage. I'm just saying that I don't understand why THFs feel snubbed anytime DNC is given anything remotely offensive.
    (8)

Character
    Alvian
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkvalkyr View Post
    I dunno...as a DNC I want to be more supportive, and I wholly approve of the slew of support ideas posted, but please, I don't want them to buff DNC's physical ability without doing more for THF's.
    Neither THF nor DNC is an actual DD, Abyssea just messed with the lines on what a DD is, DNC just trumps THF because of it's naturally higher DW and Subtle Blow, whereas you'd have a THF simply for it's TH and occasional SA/TA's.
    (0)

Character
    Ameglemorine
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 90
    Wow this is pretty nice. I just started DNC (lvl 56) and I enjoy the job. Although most of the stuff you mention in the post is a bit over my head, its only because i'm new to the job. But from what I learned, this job is very fun to play. Pulling mobs off of squishy jobs because the tank isn't doing the job makes me feel like i know what the hell I'm doing,lol. Love your post! keep it up!
    (0)
    Temper should have been a job trait....i'm just saying SE.

Player
    It's always a nice surprise to see a job suggestion thread that isn't "I want to do all things naked." or "I want to do seven billion...something?"

The development team should let go of the weird guy who smells like fermented soy beans and hire Asymptotic in his stead.

You know the guy I'm talking about, development team.
    (3)

Character
    Darkvalkyr
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 95
    I'm sorry, and I don't want to sound like a random THF troll; my only comments is that saying THF will have a spot due to TH is silly. DNC, especially with these suggestions by far would trump THF in every department imaginable minus hate management which is a pretty small proportion in party dynamics.

Still not convinced; I think every supportive/defensive based idea here is great, but I can't find myself liking the DNC offence ideas (weren't DNC asking for more support than offence anyway?). I'd welcome anything that'd benefit DNC all the same, offensive, defensive or supportive. I suppose though it isn't the OP's responsibility to think about what would come for THF unless the OP wants to do a similar suggestion for THF *shrug* I'd hope that SE would implement all these ideas and give THF something just as well.
    (0)

Character
    Sylow
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkvalkyr View Post
    I'm sorry, and I don't want to sound like a random THF troll; my only comments is that saying THF will have a spot due to TH is silly.
    Are we playing the same game? TH is the single most desired ability in FFXI.
    (3)

Character
    Darkvalkyr
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 95
    You don't find that it's weird we invite a job just for one trait for him/her to just tag a mob, get enmity and stay away from AoE spam? Does TH even work in current endgame like WoE and VW?

*sigh* I give up, you're not taking my whole post in context and just snipping out one statement out of it.

I know it's not your problem what happens to THF if any of these ideas are implemented. If you somehow do end up getting hired that will be your problem down the line.
    (0)

Character
    Dijana
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 95
    DNC and THF dont compete for a spot in a party, so I dont understand why thfs get so mad about dnc having mere SUGGESTIONS for it made. Their only similarities are they both have high eva, and they both use daggers. No team will invite them based on that.

Every group that does something, will always invite a thf for TH. Whether said thf wants to do more than just th or not, it doesnt matter, but there will always be that spot for them. If their other bonus - high eva, is needed, say to tank a mob that requires an eva tank..well its always goign to be a thf again for, you guessed it, TH, or a nin who just tanks better anyway. Aside from that now, the jobs have different roles. Thf will manage enmity, dnc will support with sambas and cures. Which goes to the next point.

Currently everything dnc has that is worthwhile, can be got from just subbing the job. Quick cures, stuns and samba can be handled by having one melee subbing the job. Which in my experience, is usually a thf. No serious group will ask someone to sub thf because the TH isnt worthwhile.

Whether or not anyone find it 'weird' the way thf is SOMETIMES played by running in, tagging for TH, and running out doesnt matter. That is what people are always going to want from thf, its the first reason anyone would invite a thf, and its an entirely different job to dnc. So really, what does it matter if dnc gets something thf does not? Or if its just a suggestion made for dnc. I really will never understand why people get so bent out of shape if a job that isnt their main gets something nice and their's doesnt.
    (6)

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast