Character
    Stinky
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 95

Wyvern takes less damage?

Hello all. Long time player, first time poster.

So, the official release notes state the update included: "Dragoons' wyverns now take less damage." I did not play on the test server, but from everything I read previously, this was stated as -40% damage. I can only assume this means total damage, not just physical or magical, though I guess I'd like some confirmation on that too. So my question is two fold:

Is the alleged decrease still 40%? And, did they actually implement it? Because my wyvern is still getting one-shotted all over the place. Three times has it been summoned then immediately dead, which I was really hoping would be over. One of them was the AoE move from Sobek, another was a Tier IV -ga spell (which could be understandable, but still frustrating), and one Cyclonic Torment from Carabosse. At least two of these moves only did 300 damage to me, so I find it a little hard to believe that they could have done 2,000 base damage to the wyvern (assuming -40% would still be enough to one-shot).

I do understand the concept that -40% does not guarantee one-shot free wyverns, but come on, what's the use if pretty much anything in Abyssea still kills them instantly?

Maybe they left it out! Is anyone seeing positive results?
    (0)

Player
    I'm taking 200-300 damage from these Firagas in WoE, Wyvern is taking 140ish. I'd say so.
    (0)

Wyvern was taking double digit damage when the rest of us were 100-200ish from Discharge and Diffusion Ray. And it handilly survived Discoid from Battleclad Chariot without any problems. I'd say it's working.
    (0)

Character
    Anucris
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 90
    So far my wyv hasn't dropped below 75% but he hasn't been hit by an aga 4 yet either. But he does seem tougher
    (0)

Atually, I did notice wyvern took similar discoid damage to the rest of us (discoid is magical) and that does make me wonder if the wyvern damage reduction is just Physical, or if it is both? Someone go get aga'd by some blm mob without shell/MDT/MDB gear and compare the numbers.
    (0)