Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
    Character
    Shuffles
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    "So when you say "The past", you mean Abyssea?"

Nope, again you are mixing content and casual together. Maybe I should have split that post into two separate posts. You seem not to have the intellect to realize they are two separate conversations.
    (1)

The assertion that there was very little content released this patch is preposterous. There was a truckload of content. Plenty more than your standard "Free" Update. Obviously, Abyssea patches came with more because they were $10 add-ons and not vanilla updates.

You are just ignoring any content which you are not personally interested in, as are a lot of the people complaining. In that case, you shouldn't be saying "B'awwwwwwwwwww there's no content, I'm so mayad", you should be saying "B'awwwwwwwwwwwww, the content you released is too difficult for casuals, I'm so left out".
    (2)

Character
    Leonlionheart
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 95
    Quote Originally Posted by Greatguardian View Post
    The assertion that there was very little content released this patch is preposterous. There was a truckload of content. Plenty more than your standard "Free" Update. Obviously, Abyssea patches came with more because they were $10 add-ons and not vanilla updates.

You are just ignoring any content which you are not personally interested in, as are a lot of the people complaining. In that case, you shouldn't be saying "B'awwwwwwwwwww there's no content, I'm so mayad", you should be saying "B'awwwwwwwwwwwww, the content you released is too difficult for casuals, I'm so left out".
    As if this new VW isn't the easiest thing in the world

I don't see how the Wivre, Bugard, Roc, or Gargoyle VWNMs could kill anyone ever
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Leonlionheart View Post
    As if this new VW isn't the easiest thing in the world

I don't see how the Wivre, Bugard, Roc, or Gargoyle VWNMs could kill anyone ever
    See, in order for people to figure that out, they'd have to actually try the content.

It's like the HKCNMs. They're soooo hard to get to and kill, it's amazing anyone has any new spells at all.
    (0)

Player
    Greatguardian just thinks 27 stop-and-drop NMs amounts to a truck load of content when the majority of the NMs are just overall minor tweaks of existing NMs to be a hell lot more annoying for a group. Out of all 27, the only 'new' NM in the group is the mantis, which is tier-3 Jeuno.

What else did we get besides 4 more WoE arenas and more revamped zones for GoV goodness anyways?
    (4)

Character
    Mahoro
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaisha View Post
    Greatguardian just thinks 27 stop-and-drop NMs amounts to a truck load of content when the majority of the NMs are just overall minor tweaks of existing NMs to be a hell lot more annoying for a group. Out of all 27, the only 'new' NM in the group is the mantis, which is tier-3 Jeuno.

What else did we get besides 4 more WoE arenas and more revamped zones for GoV goodness anyways?
    To be fair, the criticism you just leveled against VW can apply to Abyssea as well. It's all about packaging. Abyssea felt like a truckload of content because of the huge concentration of drops, the Atmas, and the light system. But when you come right down to it, "the majority of the NMs are just overall minor tweaks of existing NMs to be a hell lot more annoying for a group. Out of all NM's, the only 'new' NM in the group is the Caturae." In Abyssea, you are killing the same mobs in a reskinned zone with new music and fancy lights.
    (0)
    Last edited by Mahoro; 09-24-2011 at 02:51 AM.

Player
    A lot of the main NMs in Abyssea were at least given additional move sets. I never claimed Abyssea was a lot of content also. At least even it had more things to waste time with though other than spamming NMs.
    (0)

HKCNMs? Along with the 27 new fights, Atmacites, Periapts, new WoE drops, Trials for existing weapons, new Food and Crafting recipes, complete overhaul of the WoE system, revamp of CoP Dynamis areas, addition of multiple new GoV zones and loot. What the heck more were you expecting? A full expansion? Can you point to a single non-expansion/addon patch that added more content at once?
    (1)

Character
    Mahoro
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    A lot of the main NMs in Abyssea were at least given additional move sets. I never claimed Abyssea was a lot of content also. At least even it had more things to waste time with though other than spamming NMs.
    The majority of NM's in VW are given additional move sets as well, and Zilart mobs pop with adds which makes things more interesting. It's an academic point though. My intent was to put things into perspective when comparing Abyssea to VW. You can do some quests in Abyssea zones, sure, but in the end you are really just spamming NM's. I kind of miss the days of Assault, when we had more original objectives than just "pop and kill this NM."
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Greatguardian View Post
    Can you point to a single non-expansion/addon patch that added more content at once?
    That I cannot. But that's only because we didn't have to wait four full months for a proper content update. Used to get content bimonthly which included continuation of set pieces and new locations to visit in a storyline in addition to the usual orb battles, NMs, quests, etc.

For the amount of time we had to wait, this amount of content is disappointing. The devs banked everything on VW and revamped CoP Dynamis this update, and the Dynamis part isn;t even completed yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Mahoro View Post
    The majority of NM's in VW are given additional move sets as well, and Zilart mobs pop with adds which makes things more interesting. It's an academic point though. My intent was to put things into perspective when comparing Abyssea to VW. You can do some quests in Abyssea zones, sure, but in the end you are really just spamming NM's. I kind of miss the days of Assault, when we had more original objectives than just "pop and kill this NM."
    Point taken. I've not done Zilart progress so I shouldn't really comment too much on that. I've been focusing on the Jeuno path primarily which has yet to surprise me at all, midway through T2 on it.
    (1)
    Last edited by Kaisha; 09-24-2011 at 03:10 AM.

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast