Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10
    Character
    Leonlionheart
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 95
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkovChain View Post
    Capping parry is about as useful, fun, and artificial as doing voidwatch or anything we got with the VU basically.
    "Fun" is in the eye of the beholder. I think the new VW is very fun, too bad no one other than big LS's agree's with me
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Zarchery View Post
    Did you ever notice that every update ever, since the inception of this game, is filled with "SE MADE A TERRIBLE UPDATE!" Every single one of them.

I'm not saying that everyone hates the game, just that people who are dissatisfied will complain whereas satisfied people will just stay quiet and enjoy what is provided.
    Always, because that is human nature. Just like there will always be someone who will try to claim that every update is the best update ever no matter what was in it. Human nature.

But I have noticed this time around that it really isn't a loud roar of a few people screaming about how terrible things are, it is more of a soft murmur of a lot of people expressing thier disappointment. I can point to the lack of storyline as the biggest disappointment to this update, but I am also incredibly disappointed in how they are handling Empyrean upgrades and pretty much all of the Trial of the Magians weapons.

Before this update, Trial of the Magians was "put in work and you will get something good out of it". This update it is "buy a bunch of low-drop rate items." Empyrean Weapons in particular, 1,500 Heavy Metal Plates is absurd- even if you did Tier III Voidwatch every single day and by some miracle got one Plate a day, it would still take you over 4 years to finish that trial. Which is sad because Empyrean Weapons were the first major weapons system in the history of this game where they got the "Effort to Reward" ratio correct, at least before this patch. Also 40 geodes for one extra stat and 5 damage, while the upgrades stats are disappointing, the fact that they nearly tripled the geodes needed to get those disappointing stats is borderline insulting. How many geodes are we going to need for the 99 upgrades? If the number goes up like this update, we will need about 107.

No, there isn't a lot of rage from this update. Rage is good for them, rage means passion, passion means that people care, and people who care will keep playing. Quiet disappointment on the other hand, that is the first step to apathy, and no one is going to keep paying for something that they don't care about.
    (3)

Quote Originally Posted by Monchat View Post
    Just saying: people have been waiting for a miraculous patch in FFXIV since day one. Every 2 week there would be a miracle patch that would solve everything. Patch 1.19 will not fix anything, like any other.

It took them 4 months from release to realize everything in their game is bad, when peopel had been saying it since 1st month of beta. 1 year after the game still sucks. I loged in last moth for 15 mn to realize the things i hate still havent changed lol ( lag through vendor, lag in city, lag everywhere, terrible UI). This game wont be playable before another year.
    FFXIV seemed like it needed 2 or more years or more of development. But they rushed it out for whatever reason and probably going to have to take a loss on it. They are just getting around to adding chocobos and airships. Not listening to all the problems beta players brought up wasn't that good. They aren't charging a monthly fee in its current state, I doubt anyone would pay for it if they did.
    (0)

Player
    I thought the update sucked and it reeks of Tanaka.
    (0)

Player
    I logged in late to have a fellow SMN save my meleeing hide with stunga. I added 5 immediate tasks to a long list. In the unlikely event I complete them all before the next update, I have 3 more jobs.

I win. I dont know what your guys problem is. HMP will increase at 99. It is stupidly obvious that they are intentionally rare right now.
    (0)

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10