Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Omphalos Bullet

However, I'm using the word optimal while you're using the word adequate. If you're content with setting the bounds of adequacy for yourself, that's your prerogative. If being less effective than the PC player next to you at ... well, everything, is adequate for you, that's also fine. It really does not bother me in the slightest. But that is a conscious decision that you make. Playing on a console means doing less damage, curing less HP, being less likely to land shots/hits, and taking longer to do the same things that PC players do. That's just the truth.
    Yes it does mean being a worse player than a PC player. No doubt about it. But very little in this game needs a player to be elite to accomplish. And really the differences that elite gear makes over good gear is pretty marginal. It's always been something elitists have held to, but in practice it doesn't bear out. I've played e 3 macro swap game vs 2 macro swap and found the differences were so marginal it wasn't worth the hassle. It's not 300 damage difference on WF, it's more like 50-100.
    To me the game is about accomplishing tasks. If you can't accomplish a task with the gear and setup you have, then improve it. But many elitists go overkill on gear and then whine that the game is too easy.
    Anyways, as I've said, if I notice I'm falling substantially behind my LS mates in performance, I'll quit the game. Will not play on PC. Don't have a PC, don't have a comfortable computer desk, don't want to spend money to get those things to become uber elite.
    Played the game since PS2 release on consoles and have never felt inadequate yet. To me the game remains more about strategy and setup than gear. So I make sure I have solid strategies and know how to do my job . If I do that and have good gear I can accomplish anything I want on 360.
    (0)
    Yo Ho Yo Ho, a pirate's life for me!

How are you posting without a computer?
    (2)

Character
    Capuchin
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    The point remains, we shouldn't even need to HAVE this conversation. S-E already came up with the perfect solution to this long-standing RNG gripe, and it's baffling that they don't treat this ammo the same way.

Make the R/E item a bullet pouch that can dispense one R/E bullet every week, just like they did with the RNG CP ammo. If you really want to shoot it, go right ahead, knowing that you can't spam it. If you mistakenly shoot your ammo, make a new one. If you mistakenly shoot that new ammo before the pouch timer is up, your penalty is waiting to get the timer reset to make a new one - not losing a very hard to get R/E item for good.
    (4)
    Last edited by Anza; 10-12-2011 at 07:59 AM.

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Anza View Post
    The point remains, we shouldn't even need to HAVE this conversation. S-E already came up with the perfect solution to this long-standing RNG gripe, and it's baffling that they don't treat this ammo the same way.

Make the R/E item a bullet pouch that can dispense one R/E bullet every week, just like they did with the RNG CP ammo. If you really want to shoot it, go right ahead, knowing that you can't spam it. If you mistakenly shoot your ammo, make a new one. If you mistakenly shoot that new ammo before the pouch timer is up, your penalty is waiting to get the timer reset to make a new one - not losing a very hard to get R/E item for good.
    For some awful reason, this has not been done for any ammunition dropped by Notorious Monsters. I think it's unlikely that the development team will suddenly be kicked in the crotch of Malice and Tedium by the steel-toed boot of Reason and Sanity and make Notorious Monsters drop enchanted pouches instead of single bullets.

As a result of their decision, we've got all these lemons and we might as well squirt the juice into each others' eyes for a bit.
    (2)

Quote Originally Posted by Greatguardian View Post
    How are you posting without a computer?
    iPhone, iPad, work Mac
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Anza View Post

^^^ This x 10 as I've previously pointed out. It's like they completely forgot the issue and taken us back to 2007.
    (0)

Character
    Zagen
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirabelle View Post
    ^^^ This x 10 as I've previously pointed out. It's like they completely forgot the issue and taken us back to 2007.
    Forgot?

Heavy Shell, Aeolus Arrow, Hightail Bullet, and Vertex Bolt say it was a conscious decision to make it shoot-able.
    (0)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3