Page 21 of 41 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 31 ... LastLast
    Character
    Sabaa
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Leonlionheart View Post
    so wait, if you suck more you get better drops?
    I thought it was weird that my whm got 2k exp and a coin but my nin got 8k exp and crap drops.
    (0)
    it's what you learn after you know it all that counts

Character
    Sabaa
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    Alrighty everyone, as I mentioned earlier I submitted your feedback to the development team and got a response from them.

Their idea and the current specifications are set so that you are guaranteed a reward by receiving a personal treasure chest, but getting exactly what you want each time is a difficult request.

They also commented that changing this to a lotting system is fine; however, since Walk of Echoes is a non-reserve system, you are playing with a maximum of 36 characters at the same time and if everyone single person says they want a specific item, you might not receive a reward at all. The development team wants to make sure you are okay with that.
    Camate a lotting system will not work with 36 people. PLEASE DO NOT CHANGE IT BACK TO A LOTTING SYSTEM. Alot of people did not do WoE because of the lotting system in the old way. If they want to add something allow us to trade in coins same as we do now with beastmen seals or tell them to make use of the extra coins somehow.
    (7)
    it's what you learn after you know it all that counts

Character
    Vxsote
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    I would prefer that the chests remain as individual rewards, because with an open-to-anyone event, everyone is going to lot on anything of value whether they "need" it or not.

I believe most of the complaints could be satisfied by allowing players to trade coins with each other, even if that meant reducing the total number of coins that appear.

If the devs are not willing to consider that, then I believe that other options previously mentioned, such as allowing a 3-for-1 exchange, would be reasonable.
    (1)

Player
    I'll be really brief:

I'm tired of Gold Ore and Gold Ore is tired of me. I love the current mechanics of Walk of Echoes (particularly compared to how it was before), but the current chests are a reliable source of disappointment, Gold Ore, and little else.
    (2)

Character
    Shuffles
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    I think the point system is only way, when people stop doing Woe, which they will, it will become almost impossible to get coins, there has to be some way to get coins by not winning woe.
    (0)

Character
    Zigzagzig
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    A petition should be started , we want our coins, we want our +2 WS, so fade up with 20+ run no one drop ( and yes as smn 12k exp+ ) still not a single coins, so when you want to do a multiple magian trial ... you are f...........

So disappointed, i am logging off and going to play something more fun and with rewards.
    (1)

Is it me or does SE always seem to get it wrong? We make suggestions when they ask for it then they somehow completely come to an opposite conclusion.

It's not hard to see that, only getting a reward when beating a flux, means that once people stop doing it everyone is boned. Campaign type points is the way to go. Anyone and everyone can benefit from it as someone else mentioned before. Do a flux, get rated for participation, get points, spend points on what you want. Heck since SE wants to give out the new gear in these WoE chests you can still give people chests at the end of the run win or lose based off same participation and even though its filled with that same old random crap at least we get random crap with the ability to purchase coins.

And how SE thinks that getting random crap from chests is a good thing (FoV, GoV, WoE) is beyond me. At least the random crap you can get in abyssea is worth something in most cases even if you are just npcing. Random drops should have the lowest drop rate percentage as an extra, dare i say, bonus.

We traded the ffxi dev team for the ffxiv dev team why?
    (4)

Character
    Thelaughingman
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    First off, PLEASE DO NOT GOT BACK TO A LOT SYSTEM.
    We definitely like the individual drops. It just needs minor adjustments.

Unlike some others here, I have to admit that I like the logs and ores (hey, I have crafter friends and Elm Logs are a wondrous thing). It seems that lower tier runs tend to favor coin drops and higher tier are random things with the occasional coin or die. If we are getting random things over scrolls, coins, and dice, it isn't pleasant.

Without a way to know how the drops actually work, us players pretty much only can blame the lack of high profile drops (like dice or coins) on the lower profile drops (ores, logs). If getting stuff that is more of a bonus and not what we are after is truly interfering with drops, this needs to be changed, and if not, it would be nice to hear that it isn't.

Players can be quite superstitious about the way a game works, or else there wouldn't have been questions about stuff like removing gear for a Maat fight, or four leafed buds (and people still believe these things help them). Please clarify this.

The biggest problem with the coin drops currently is that you can get ones for things you totally don't need or want with no way to use them. Some sort of trading system (either with other players, or NPC at the standard 3:1 ratio) would be the solution to this.

The second biggest problem is that effort does not appear linked to rewards. If this isn't true, some reassurance will help, and players will get statistical samples to back this up, eventually.
    (2)

Character
    Siviard
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    I pretty much agree with nearly everyone here, when I say that I am pretty disappointed with the drops in the new WoE.

This is my experience so far. Mind you, I am not that "hardcore" of a player, so I haven't done 100+ runs yet. However, I have done 32 runs (started keeping track of my drops after the first 2 runs because I got nothing but synthesis materials from my first 2 runs) Needless to say, when it comes to getting coins, my luck is HORRIBLE.

Also, FYI I am needing Coin of Advancement for building some Revenant Fists +2. I'm 12/30 on those right now. That number was prior to the update. This is what I've gotten in terms of coins post-update in 32 runs. I won't list the synthesis materials since......it's crap.

Coin of Advancement - 1
    Coin of Decay - 2
    Coin of Glory - 2
    Coin of Ruin - 2
    Coin of Birth - 2
    Devious Die - 3
    Some neck armor, had CHR +6 on it - 1

That's it in 32 total runs. So yeah, it'll take me forever and a day to finish Revenant Fists +2 unless SE introduces some way for me to obtain more Coins of Advancement. I would be more than willing to trade the other coins I have for them to an NPC! I DON'T NEED/WANT THEM! I would be fine with a 2:1 or 3:1 ratio for that "balance" that SE ever so desires!
    (2)

Character
    Tamoa
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by SpankWustler View Post
    I'll be really brief:

I'm tired of Gold Ore and Gold Ore is tired of me. I love the current mechanics of Walk of Echoes (particularly compared to how it was before), but the current chests are a reliable source of disappointment, Gold Ore, and little else.
    I'd rather have gold ores than the bone chips and revival roots I've been getting!
    (0)

Page 21 of 41 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 31 ... LastLast