Page 10 of 41 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast
    Character
    Buffy
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Cratylus View Post
    Also PLEASE change the area the Greater Amphiptere wanders in...
    It's like...even match now. Just kill it.
    (0)

Character
    Kitori
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Buffy View Post
    It's like...even match now. Just kill it.
    Too hard to kill EM mobs sorry.
    (0)

Character
    Krash
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    n/a123451676
    (0)
    Last edited by Krashport; 09-25-2011 at 02:08 PM.

Character
    Kristal
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Under the old system, 5 people walked away with 5 weapons in x runs.
    Under the new system, 1 person walked away with 1 weapon in 5x runs and 4 weapons worth of coins that either get stockpiled until another set of magian trials is completed, or outright thrown out.

Solution is easy: remove the EX flag from the coins so players can actually trade between them. Coins of Ruin get tossed regardless, but that's a given for a lolmelee staff.
    (0)
    "Puppetmaster was our last best hope for peace. It failed.
    Now it's our last best hope.. for victory!"

Character
    Kysaiana
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    The obvious solution is to build every WoE weapon for every job, therefore you want every coin...

On a more serious note, one solution to the horrible reward system would be to have all WoE weapons require the same coin. I don't know how difficult it would be for SE to convert each type of WoE coin into a single type. With the old system it would have sucked to have everyone lotting the same coin, but since everyone gets personal chests now I think it would work out better.

Of course if there's only one type of coin then SE would probably have to adjust the rate at which you get a coin or pouch in your chest.

Another solution might be to have a NPC that exchanges coins at a 3:1 ratio similar to the kindred seal/crest etc NPC.

Either way as it stands now I'd have to agree that empyrean are far less hassle to obtain than the randomness that is WoE. Just my two cents.
    (0)

Character
    Kalsena
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Overall, I'm worried about both coin and scroll rates once the new patch rush fades and people lose interest. It will happen eventually and anyone who missed the rush will basically suffer.
    (1)

Character
    Kogenta
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by FrankReynolds View Post
    Camate,
    Please read or translate the above quote to the developers as precisely as you can. This sums it up perfectly.
    In a perfect world maybe, but in a world were servers are populated by greedy people, the old system sucked way more than the current one. It was not infrequent to have people enter a flux, leech with a low lvl job with RR and just overlot everything in the pool. And you could do nothing to stop that except exit and lose your medallion. WOW, such a fair system.

Just let us POOL stuff we don't need, like Abyssean chests. If the pool is full don't let us pool it and have a message "the pool is full. please lot or pass everything and try again" or just give autolot priority to mats and THEN to coin and equips. OR put in pool only coins and pouches and not mats and scrolls and equips, since those are tradable, so that you don't risk to overflood pool and have stuff autolot
    (0)
    Last edited by Kogenta; 09-23-2011 at 07:51 PM.

Character
    Kristal
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Kogenta View Post
    In a perfect world maybe, but in a world were servers are populated by greedy people, the old system sucked way more than the current one. It was not infrequent to have people enter a flux, leech with a low lvl job with RR and just overlot everything in the pool. And you could do nothing to stop that except exit and lose your medallion. WOW, such a fair system.
    That happened only rarely, and the culprit often found himself acting as a stool for a boss. Assuming the rest wasn't outlotting him on anything he dared lotting.
    (0)
    "Puppetmaster was our last best hope for peace. It failed.
    Now it's our last best hope.. for victory!"

Character
    Kogenta
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Kristal View Post
    That happened only rarely, and the culprit often found himself acting as a stool for a boss. Assuming the rest wasn't outlotting him on anything he dared lotting.
    Maybe on Bismark there is only kind and educated people, but i often saw people seacom 2 or even 3 coins and thus lotting them regardless of others asking them politely to choose only one coin. Or lotting and be fair the whole run then when a pouch drops from the final chest the greedy demon in every man comes out, and the lotwar begins. Then one fair man that see his final 900lot advncement pouch overlotted for 901 by a random guy passing by that has birth in seacom... Tell him that this stuff happens rarely.
    (0)

Character
    Mrkillface
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    I don't think anyone was asking for the old system back. The post I quoted simply explains why the new system sucks and in no way fixes the issues from the previous system. While I agree with the Idea of having each person get 1 chest, I think they need to make the coins Sell-able so that people can get what they need. Or maybe they could drastically increase the drop rate in chests. I quoted that post because it explained the problem with the system so well, and hopefully will prevent this system from being implemented elsewhere.
    (1)

Page 10 of 41 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast