Character
    Ryce
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99

Skill Ups Coming To Campaign?

Does anyone else feel like the skill up testing they are doing in WoE could result in skill ups in Campaign Battles?

I still love doing Campaign Battles. With the exp update, it's now a viable alternative to leveling in Abyssea (for jobs you actually want to PLAY). It's nowhere near an EXP cleave or even a good Dom ops party, but you can get a level up every few battles (if you're active and are getting evaluations a few times per battle). Add skill ups into the equation, and you've got a complete character progression path.

Abyssea EXP cleave - Insane EXP. Good money (cruor). No skill ups. No actually playing the game (unless you're the one cleaving). Pay-to-play or arrange with LS.

Abyssea DOM OPS Party - Great EXP. OK money (cruor, dom ops points). OK skill ups. Fun playing (other than annoying running to the book every 5 kills). Decent complexity (farm lights, manage time, manage party members).

Campaign Battle - Good EXP. Little money (union spoils, allied notes). Good skill ups. Fun playing (other than annoying lag on /cmap updates). Low complexity (go solo or low man, no time commitment).

I, for one, would be thrilled if they went ahead with this. Perhaps if participation shot up after implementing skill ups, they would take the time to add updated, more relevant rewards.

Thoughts?
    (6)

Character
    Kriegsgott
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    i would like to skill @Campaign too and Fortification hiting should get XP/AN too not like its our fault if the Beastmen ar sleeping
    (3)

It's been so long now that I can't even remember why they removed skill-ups from Campaign in the first place...

But I certainly wish they would come back.
    (0)

Yes please! Yes. Yes. Yes. I know I've seen posts saying it would be complicated - but really - lack of skill ups sucks the viability out of campaign.
    (2)
    http://photobucket.com/gallery/http://s19.photobucket.com/user/soulchld4/media/Olorinus-Signature.jpg.html

Character
    Ryce
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    I really think/hope that's where they are going with the skill ups in Walk of Echos on the test server. Apparently, there is some complication with how those mobs are generated. Maybe the variables they are given for stats (evasion, accuracy, etc) are different from regular mobs. This would cause a problem calculating skill ups with the default formula. With different teams working on different expansions/events, this is not a far-fetched guess.

If this is true, then they are probably testing a bit of code that converts the stats for incompatible mobs (Campaign, WoE) to regular stats (normal mobs) before the skill up calculation is executed. Hopefully they find the solution quickly and easily, and deploy it in Campaign!
    (0)

Character
    Dragoy
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99

><)))°ĸ

It's possible, sure, but I personally don't have any hopes up for anything anymore...
    Also here's a thread with more discussion about the topic:
    And more related discussion:
    Good luck to us all~
    (0)
    ...or so the legend says.

Character
    Luvbunny
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Skill ups should come to Campaign and Walk of Echoes PERIOD!!! End of story. Talk about being lazy in actually fixing something that will benefits these two activities and encourage more players to do them.... Sometimes I wonder who is heading the development team over there.. Where is Yoshi when we need him.
    (0)

Character
    Leonlionheart
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 95
    Would absolutely love skill ups in campaign, enhanced skill ups would be even better.

WoE sucks but I don't mind doing Campaign, and I have A LOT of things that need ~200 skills lol
    (2)