Page 1 of 41 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    Character
    Starskyy
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99

Walk of the no Coin drops??? formerly Walk of echoes

So I am hearing the reports the devs have forgotten to add coins to the loot tables????

Please say this isn't what everyone is experiencing:

Originally Posted by barber2006
    5 runs for me and mule mule today. 3 total coins (2 to mule of course), zero dice. Was in a group of 8 people. Only one pouch in all those total possible runs (so like 1/50 for us). Oh and it was ruin. And it only gave 4 coins. This was alternating flux 2 and 6.

So far collecting all of the people I know that have gone to WOE since the update the total numbers are:

total runs: 77
    total coins: 14
    total pouches: 1

These were all done on flux 2/5/6 so they don't account for higher drop rates in upper zones (if they exist). But as it stands if coins drop completely unimformally (no way that is a word) it would take about 600 runs to complete a weapon if my sample size is accurate. Now it's small, so its not accurate, but even if you slice that in half to 300 hours, or by 75% to 150 hours it isn't something that I'll be doing. I've been waiting to WOE my gun/bow for a while and am on the coins stage, but there is no way 50 fistule drops, 50 bukhis drops, 50 cara drops, and 50 lanterns would take as long as the woe option from what I see.
    (4)

2. 09-22-2011 04:04 AM

Character
    Sabaa
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    I did conflux 9 last night and did 2 runs one with my mule one without. Got one coin on 2 nd run but it went to my mule of course ( from the chest). The way I see it from my experience in just those two runs, it probably would be just faster to farm an empyrean weapon. I give this new woe update about a month before people stop doing it. Only did flux 9 because that is the only one everyone rushed to get into. We had 36 members. If it wasn't for smn we probably would have not completed it. Summoners own woe.
    (3)

I messed with it a few times since the new update went live, and the rates truly are horrid. Out of... six runs last night, I gained 2 Glory, 1 Advance, 1 Decay, 1 Ruin, and 1 Devious Dice. I managed to get some nice gear out of there as well as Ice Carol 2, but Sven is right when saying it'd probably be faster to just make the real Emp weapons with the same amount of time it seems the random number generator will have you investing in new WoE. Also, only one person in my group got a pouch off a single run last night, so I'm thinking those were made much rarer compared to older WoE settings, where it was not uncommon to see 2-3 pouches in the pool at the end.

My suggestion to make it better is to remove the Exclusive nature on the coins themselves and make them sellable / tradable, to go along with the new team nature that the revisions have brought to WoE. If not that, would the dev team at least be willing to review the drop rates for pouches, as well as coins themselvese? Face it, they've done alot of content lately and gone on public record at a later time stating drop rates were incorrect, so I consider this to be a possiblity as well.
    (1)

Character
    Luvbunny
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Well if they would do what you suggested, it would be awesome. Upping the drop rate would help, but making those coins bazaarable at least would be a great help!! Though lately the developers have done a lot of spectacular craps and minuscule updates. I doubt they can top abyssea, the recent additions are backward thinking. Voidwatch are the most horrendous idea ever created. If they are thinking to bring back the 2003-2006 play style then they better get ready for a big drop in subscribers. Perhaps that is their plan so we go play FF14... the other atrocious turds in their collection. Note to developer - look back at the amazing job you did with ToAU and Abyssea, recreate it and continue the awesome works. Make the game easy, fun, and enjoyable and cater to the BIGGEST numbers of your players - screw the minority hardcore who wants the old fashion elitist way of playing. Do this and make TONS of money.
    (0)

Character
    Starskyy
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Ugh man I thought and was hoping they fix WOE not make it a complete retarded black hole to play time to complete a knockoff weapon how sad is this bleep....
    (2)

Character
    Luvbunny
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Sadly this is how it is for now. They fail and fail and fail and fail again and again to adjust to older content outside aby. I mean, for the love of god, just make it on par with abyssea experience!! Voidwatch is another cluster fck. It's like they cannot top abyssea and refuse to adjust the older content outside abysea.
    (1)

Character
    Mdkuser
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by HimuraKenshyn View Post
    So I am hearing the reports the devs have forgotten to add coins to the loot tables????

Please say this isn't what everyone is experiencing:<BG quote>
    Dont believe everything posted on BG. I did two conflux 5 and 6 with a pt of 6, everyone had at least one coin, one got 2 one got a pouch.
    (1)

Character
    Leonlionheart
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 95
    Pre update:
    Conflux (Wyverns and Hydra idr): 2 runs, 28 Coin of Decay from pouches (3 pouches total, 2 from Rank 2 personal chest, 1 from area chest) 8 Coin of Glory (1 pouch from Rank 2 personal chest)

Post update:
    Conflux 9: 5 runs, 2 Coin of Birth, 1 Coin of Glory, 2 Dice

Way to f*** up SE
    (8)
    Last edited by Leonlionheart; 09-22-2011 at 06:56 AM.

Character
    Scaevola
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    WoE coin drops are extremely steady in the new setup, and if you got 5-6 coins a run people would finish weapons and stop doing it in two weeks.

Normally I'm against low drop rates to artificially preserve the lifespan of content, but

1) WoE with 15 people requires slightly less individual contribution and coordination to win than Campaign did at 75, even the new Walks*, and

2) the new system for WoE would be a disaster if you finished a weapon in 2 nights and never went back.

*seriously you are complaining about the reward structure of an event that is literally impossible to lose if enough people are there
    (0)
    Last edited by scaevola; 09-22-2011 at 06:48 AM.
    tandava crackows + chocobo jig + animated flourish = prouesse ring

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    One thing to remember is basically everyone who's going is getting coins, instead of one or two people getting several. Though, the problem is, you may not get the coins you want...

What annoys me most is people keep doing the same walks repeatedly, and the higher tier walks don't get unlocked because of it.
    (1)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 09-22-2011 at 06:53 AM.

Page 1 of 41 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast