Page 6 of 41 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast
    Character
    Scaevola
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    I honestly don't think your final assessment affects what loot you get once it's established you're getting loot at all. I've gotten 4 coins for a 5k assessment and 1 coin for a 9k one.

I mean, the loot spreads across several 5500ish assessments for me were so random that I can't imagine getting any sort of predictive sample without dozens of people recording their results for months, and for what? Coins come consistently enough that if you stick with WoE, you'll finish your weapons, period.

Probably the best thing you could do is hang on to any of the rare drops you get that are not likely to AH for very much, or even buy them off the AH if you're that desperate; as far as I can tell you always get five pieces of loot from the chest, so having a Rare item in your inventory ought to remove the possibility of it loading for you, Treasures and Tribulations style.
    (0)
    Last edited by scaevola; 09-23-2011 at 03:14 AM.
    tandava crackows + chocobo jig + animated flourish = prouesse ring

You can't forget that people often have multiple jobs leveled up. If you finish a nice weapon in a few days you might be more inclined to do it all over again(maybe again and again) than if it took you a week.
    (0)
    Dear Customer,
    We have determined that the post you made was in violation of the User Agreement policies. The post was edited or deleted accordingly.
    Original Post:
    Signature states "JP ONRY" in Japanese.

I received some feedback from the development team concerning coin drop rates. Since it has only been a couple of days since the version update was implemented and also considering that in there were adjustments to participation numbers as well as new chambers, we would like to make the appropriate decision while monitoring all these things on a wide-scale.

Also, it can be thought that the feeling of there not being a lot of coins is due to the effects of changing the reward distribution method from casting lots to individual treasure chests.

In the case of lotting rewards, the amount was based on the division between the number of participants, so there really isn’t any guarantee that you could obtain a reward even if there were a good amount of them, making it so the chance of you obtaining something would decrease with a higher amount of players participating.

On the other hand, individual treasure chests give one player’s worth of rewards, so it’s possible that the volume feels a bit poor. However, you are guaranteed to obtain these rewards and it is equivalent to the results after lotting. Since we have prepared this on an individual scale, in actuality the total number of rewards have increased. On this basis, the system has been set up so the total amount of coins, as well as the amount gained by a single player, will increase.
    (8)
    Devin "Camate" Casadey - Community Team

4. 09-23-2011 04:17 AM
    Reason
    Removed.. haha! I oosted 1 minute after our rep posted :)

Character
    Leonlionheart
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 95
    Super edit: Camate, please let the dev team know that Silver ore is NOT something you should be getting from high end game content.

Along with crap logs, gems, and other materials that no one EVER uses anymore. I find myself dropping 2/3's of WoE drops
    (14)
    Last edited by Leonlionheart; 09-23-2011 at 04:22 AM.

Yeah..I always wondered...

Why do we get random ores and logs and whatnot from any new event (VW/WoE) it's like saying "For your valiant efforts in slaying this Behemoth, you will be rewarded with 2 Silver Ore, a Beech Log and a chunk of Amber...what you wanted new gear? That's not why you do these! You do them for the ore!"

I guess they just throw in generic drops so you always get something for your efforts.
    (6)
    Dark Knight ~ 90: Yes I actually use a Scythe.

Character
    Sabaa
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    So going in with more people is actually a bad thing if you can win with a lower number of players... That's what I got from Camate's post anyway.
    (2)

Perhaps make them tradable since they are no longer poolable? Or include the opportunity to put your coins into the treasure pool of people in your own party? Like with items from gold chests in abyssea.
    (0)

Character
    Shuffles
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Seems a bit whacked. So you improve the content so more people do because you have to do, but if you have too many people you get less coins. But if you don't have enough players then you can't win therefore you get nothing.

What you guys need to realize many people get these weapons for the weaponskills, they are not the best weapons in the game, and some are not even that good. You already go thought a fairly large time sink doing the nms and vnms, which makes some sense although very boring. Getting 30 coins should not be a 300 hour investment.
    Again, you guys always talk about game balance, but this is so far out of balance that it needs to be fixed. A emp weapon should not be easier and faster to get then a weapon people aquire for a weaponskill. Fact is, you shouldn't have to go through this much work for a weaponskill to begin with.
    (6)

Character
    Scaevola
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by svengalis View Post
    So going in with more people is actually a bad thing if you can win with a lower number of players... That's what I got from Camate's post anyway.
    uh

how

In the case of lotting rewards, the amount was based on the division between the number of participants, so there really isn’t any guarantee that you could obtain a reward even if there were a good amount of them, making it so the chance of you obtaining something would decrease with a higher amount of players participating.
    He's referring to how it used to be. The reward structure under the new system functions independently of how many people participate.
    (4)
    tandava crackows + chocobo jig + animated flourish = prouesse ring

Character
    Shuffles
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    I think what they need to do is just look at some simple math and figured out how long it would take to get 30 coins on average and compare that with other weapons to see if it is balanced. I am not sure they do this.
    (2)

Page 6 of 41 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast