Main Class
    NIN Lv 95
    Total Runs:1
    Total Coins:1

..... that's a sample size, right? :P
    (0)

2. 09-23-2011 06:23 AM
    Reason
    Content was edited by Moderator due to Violation of Forum Guidelines.

Character
    Shuffles
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    So lets look at some simple math, have to make assumptions. 5 type of coins, assume they have even drop rate and we will say you guaranteed one coin per run, truth is you may get none, or a pouch, so we will average it to one.

You do 10 runs a week casually, that is about 10 hours of time due to waiting. 30 coins times 5 assuming even rate that is 150 runs to get 30 coins you need, at 10 hours a week that is 15 weeks so almost 4 months.

If you spent 10 hours a week so 40 hours a month you could do 13 or so KI runs. In a 3 hour run you should get at least two sets average sometimes more sometimes less. so about 26 Ki sets a month. Considering single drop and popping nm, to get 50 of the item you talking at most a month and half, so that is 3 months of 10 hours a week.

Emp weapon casually in 3 months. Woe weapon casually just under 4 months.

this is SE's game balance. So SE forget about looking at what you think drop rate should be, look at the amount it takes to accomplish the goal and compare that to other weapons and see if it is balanced. btw it is not.
    (6)

Character
    Erecia
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 90
    Well. At least the devs are watching and thinking about WoE. More than I can say or hope for than hole-in-my-head Voidwatch.
    (1)

Quote Originally Posted by FrankReynolds View Post
    Camate,
    Please read or translate the above quote to the developers as precisely as you can. This sums it up perfectly.
    Done annnnnd done.
    (10)
    Devin "Camate" Casadey - Community Team

Character
    Krash
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    n/a123451676
    (0)
    Last edited by Krashport; 09-25-2011 at 02:09 PM.

Character
    Brayenn
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 95
    the coin rate is bad. As others have said people usually only want one type of coin. My friend has gotten just 1 coin that he needed. Additionally die rate seems by far the worse. 10 new runs and yet to see any drop and we need 100 of these. Whoever is making this astonishingly lame leaps in difficulty should try playing the game before making such changes.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by brayen View Post
    Additionally die rate seems by far the worse. 10 new runs and yet to see any drop
    Since the plural of anecdote around here is data, I'll just mention that I've received two dice on two runs and probably made someone wonder if I'm crazy by selling them for 35k apiece rather than the 250k I've seen in people's bazaars.
    (0)

Character
    Zagen
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Krashport View Post
    I hear alot not "All" say its so easier to obtain Empyrean weapons over Walk of echo weapons, Which only gives you the weapon skill, That being said, Then why waste your time doing Walk of echo's for the N.Q. Where you can so easy get the H.Q. This is an M.M.O.R.P.G. not an R.P.G. Yeah... I know we all like to solo here and there think its safe to say 49-64% but dang the game has dropped to low-man a lot, Do you just want SE to give you everything.. kinda what it sounds like.
    It took my friend and I 2 months to get Sword/Katana to 85 at about 15 hours a week. So that's 120 hours time, 30 hours less than xbobx's example numbers, you don't think that's messed up for a weaker version? Now technically that's 30 hours less than it would take you to get 6 WoE weapons which means you get 4 extra but do you even want them?

Even at 99 I doubt WoE weapon's extra DMG will make up for the ODD on most if not all level 85 Emps. I'm pretty sure most people here see WoE as the casual person's option for a Emp WS but currently it seems that the casual player might as well invest that time and get 2 Emps for jobs they really like to play, or less time if they only enjoy 1 job. Considering the addition of +2s to all Emp NMs it isn't impossible to get outside help just for +2 chances.
    (0)

Character
    Luvbunny
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    It seems that the developers are just being lazy and start on the conservative ends when it comes to the numbers of coins. After all, they do need to make sure that you have your "must have time sink" and do meaningless crap for bazillion times to extend gameplay - and rewarded poorly so that you have no options but to do them again and again. Now if only this equates with FUN, EASY and ENJOYABLE then more people will do it regardless of the hours and hours needed and the dismal drops since those are just a bonus for fun experience. Abyssea is one of the pinnacle achievement of this game, I wish the developers can continue with the high quality content on par with Abyssea and not creating the hot tranny mess that is everything else outside Abyssea...
    (2)

Character
    Sabaa
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by scaevola View Post
    uh

how

He's referring to how it used to be. The reward structure under the new system functions independently of how many people participate.
    Okay I will try to explain this so that you understand. Coin drop rates were INCREASED. The coins are divided amungst the players in the current flux. Lets say there is a 20 coin maximum drop per run no matter how many players enter the room. Lets say 36 people enter and the coins are divided evenly, this means 16 people wont get a coin. Now lets do the same scenario with 5 people. This now means everyone gets multiple coins. Understand it now?

This basically means that low manning fluxes 1-5 is more efficient then doing fluxes 8+ with 36 people.
    (0)

Page 8 of 41 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast