Page 12 of 41 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast
    Character
    Mrkillface
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by scaevola View Post
    Or you could spend 40 minutes doing woe and the remainder of those 2-3 hours doing other things. With a retrace scroll it takes under two minutes to get to WoE from anywhere in the game, and most of that is just getting Sigil and a new scroll. Moreover, you always know exactly when new runs will be starting: the change of day. When you did old school FoV, did you just hang around idling in the zone after completing a regime, waiting for the next day to start? This is the same thing. Even if you personally have a bunch of other stuff you could be doing in the game, at any given time there will be over 300 people idling in Jeuno on Cerberus and if even a fraction of them say "hey, maybe I could haul my pink ass to WoE for a little while", this event will be just fine.

As for the agony of random number generation, there's no rush here unless of course everybody gets all their weapons done, which is why I want to keep the drop rates as they are. You think people are going to get bored with a grindy event that is straightforward even if agonizingly slow? Are we playing the same game? Did the first 7 years of FFXI just not exist?

Something like that. I finished my Decays for Hiradennotachi and am now 1/30 on Decays towards getting Jishnu's Radiance or perhaps Torcleaver. I don't even know what the weapons are called. My RNG is level 18 and my DRK is 22.

I have not before been interested in playing either RNG or DRK, but between book-burning and effectively dinging into the second-best weapon in the game for either of those jobs, this would be a one-week investment on my part if I change my mind.

http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/deal-with-it
    So your reasoning for keeping shitty drop rates on a time sink event is that everyone should just level every job...... that makes perfect sense. I'll just go do that now.
    (2)

Character
    Scaevola
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Was that not the reasoning behind Abyssea in general?
    (1)
    tandava crackows + chocobo jig + animated flourish = prouesse ring

Character
    Nellaf
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    I have now done 21 Walk of Echo runs in the new format as a 95 BST. I did a full world run starting at flux 1 and moving up each flux until flux 10. (still don't have access to 11). In my 21 run I recieved 17 random coins, 3 dice, and about 7 million in gil from item drops.

While I think this new Walk of Echoes is superior to the old. I do think the randomness of the coins is disheartening. It does take longer to farm one Walk of Echoes Emphy weaponskill then to do a real Emphy weapon. I have a kannagi that I duo'd 100% with a friend so I am aware of how long it takes to low man one.

My only real happiness with this system is the fact that I have 12 level 95 jobs, and I will finish 5 Walk of Echo weapons at the exact same time. So for me, Walk of Echo farming is a good idea, since it will shoot 5 birds at once.

If I was going after just a single Walk of Echoes weapon, I wouldn't bother, its a waste of time.
    (0)

Character
    Scaevola
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    That's actually exactly my point. Walk of Echoes probably IS a waste of time for people who only ever play one job; those people can get an actual Empyrean and be fine with it because they'll use it 100% of the time.

It was my general fickleness about jobs that drove me to WoE to begin with, pre-patch; the general brainlessness of it now is just gravy.
    (0)

Character
    Mrkillface
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Was that not the reasoning behind Abyssea in general?
    No. If everyone had all the jobs, this thread wouldn't be here. Fairly obvious.
    (0)

Character
    Shuffles
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    I wish i could do flux 1 to 10. Everytime I go everyone stalks to 9, and maybe 7. There is always 0 people in all the other fluxes. did you notice any difference in coin drops from the lower ones compared to higher?
    (0)

Character
    Scaevola
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by FrankReynolds View Post
    No. If everyone had all the jobs, this thread wouldn't be here. Fairly obvious.
    Everyone can GET the jobs really easily now, though. This, as I said, was the main purpose (and will ultimately be the staying power) of Abyssea, GoV book-burning, etc.

Bottom line is, once I finish the coins for Rev Fists/Daka/Maschu or Tobi, I'll probably be at or pretty close to being able to make the WoE Bow or Greatsword, if I want. As you could tell by my job levels, I had not previously considered playing DRK or RNG. If WoE, as a side-effect of accomplishing my own explicit goals, actually gets me to consider the merits of playing a job I'd never considered before*, I can't imagine what could make it more successful as an event.

*and with the carrot, rather than the stick, mind you; "here's Jishnu's if you decide to try out RNG" is much different than "you will have a much easier time clearing CoP if you level BLM"
    (0)
    Last edited by scaevola; 09-24-2011 at 12:16 AM.

Character
    Mrkillface
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Everyone can GET the jobs really easily now, though. This, as I said, was the main purpose (and will ultimately be the staying power) of Abyssea, GoV book-burning, etc.
    So basically: you have time to level and gear 20 jobs and therefore everyone else does too.

By your logic, no one should ever pass any gear ever because eventually they will need everything. Is that how it works in your shell? Because I would really like to lot everything in every event. You know... seeing as I will need everything some day. You don't mind lotting against my level 1 thf mule for gear do you? I'm going to get around to leveling thf eventually on him.
    (2)

Character
    Scaevola
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    So basically: you have time to level and gear 20 jobs and therefore everyone else does too.
    No, I do not. If I am thinking about playing a new job, I need to carefully weigh the costs and benefits of doing so. Getting Jishnu's Radiance by accident would fall in the "benefit" column, and well, I have a hard time calling something in a game that would entice a player to play more a flaw in the game, even if actually doing so might not be such a great idea for said player.

By your logic, no one should ever pass any gear ever because eventually they will need everything. Is that how it works in your shell? Because I would really like to lot everything in every event. You know... seeing as I will need everything some day. You don't mind lotting against my level 1 thf mule for gear do you? I'm going to get around to leveling thf eventually on him.
    Gosh, I hadn't thought of that! Tell you what: next time I have to lot against somebody else for a Coin of Decay, I'll be sure to pass!
    (0)

Character
    Nellaf
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    xbobx - When I went through the full circle (1 through 10) the coin drop rate was about the same, the only thing that changed was the gear that could drop. Got the cure +4% cape in 9 and a belt and neck from some of the older ones. If I had to guess, I would say coin drop rate is equal in all the zones but if your farming for certain gear, stick to the ones you want the gear from.
    (0)

Page 12 of 41 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast