Page 11 of 41 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast
    Character
    Sargent
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    I don't want to be critical on the official forums, but I gotta say, this new Walk of Echoes simply isn't working. Yes, much more people are entering, but I'm seeing less coinage from 36 people clearing the zone (that's with getting decent EXP per run) than I was soloing/duoing before. As it's no doubt been said before, Empyrean Weapons that were already easier to obtain than the Walk of Echoes counterparts are now even easier to obtain in comparison.

I don't think realistically we're asking for things like the drop rate on new scrolls to be increased, but most people that do (or did) WoE did it for coins. We would obviously like to see these once in a while.
    (0)
    SMN99/SAM99/DNC99/PLD99/THF99
    Summoning magic skill: 545
    Hvergelmir 90

Character
    Shuffles
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Personally when you look at time vs reward, I think the nm camping and vnm killing is sufficient enough to obtain a weapon of this calibre. I really don't think the coins should be that much of a time sink to get. I have no issue with guaranteed 1 coin drop rate and one coin is used for all weapons. Look at the other parts of the trial. Kindred crests. Elemental weapons are down to just collecting geodes now. Some elemental weapons are better then the woe counterparts, so put them on the same footing. The woe are about the WS and it is bad enough that some jobs are either flight or fail if they don't have that one ws as it is. like Ranger.
    (1)

I agree that making Coins tradeable/bazaarable or AHable would be the best solution. Devious Die are, so why not coins?
    (2)

Character
    Sylow
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    They've already said that making coins tradeable/bazaarable would make it too easy, and they're right.
    You have the choice of:

1.) Getting coins through WoE slowly, but requiring virtually no effort on your own part other than patience, and getting a WoE weapon.
    2.) Putting forth some effort, getting a group together, buying pop items or cleaving for KIs, and doing a real Empyrean weapon, although it will most likely be faster than the WoE weapon, it does require significantly more manpower-dedicated-to-you-alone, skill, and gear.
    (0)

Character
    Shuffles
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    slowly like half a year? then to get the dice another year to 2 years? yet within 2 months no one will be doing Woe so it wont be possible to even get.
    (3)

Character
    Scaevola
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    I've picked up about 25 or so coins since Tuesday. You're exaggerating.

Not for nothing, in the downtime waiting for the day to turn*, I finished building some shelves for my apartment, and started reading the new David Foster Wallace. Take that, gold box farming!

(big lolz at people dumping on welfare weapons for being welfare weapons, and then turning around and complaining about how they aren't welfare enough)

*raise the coin drop rates if you want but if you take away my ability to get up, do other things, and know the precise moment when a few dozen people will simultaneously be elgible to start a new run, i will fight you
    (1)
    Last edited by scaevola; 09-23-2011 at 11:28 PM.
    tandava crackows + chocobo jig + animated flourish = prouesse ring

Character
    Shuffles
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    I have picked up 3 coins, none of them I need either. and no I am not exaggerating. I am not going to spend 2-3 hours a night doing just Woe, there are many other things I need to do also. So yes, easily 4 months for me to get my coins and I guarantee Woe will be dead in 2 months if adjustments aren't made.
    (1)

Character
    Kristal
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by scaevola View Post
    I've picked up about 25 or so coins since Tuesday. You're exaggerating.

Not for nothing, in the downtime waiting for the day to turn, I built some shelves for my apartment. Take that, Carabosse!
    So 5 Advancement, 5 Birth, 5 Decay, 5 Glory and 5 Ruin? Most of which are wasted since you either got the weapons already or don't plan on doing them?
    (1)
    "Puppetmaster was our last best hope for peace. It failed.
    Now it's our last best hope.. for victory!"

Character
    Scaevola
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Or you could spend 40 minutes doing woe and the remainder of those 2-3 hours doing other things. With a retrace scroll it takes under two minutes to get to WoE from anywhere in the game, and most of that is just getting Sigil and a new scroll. Moreover, you always know exactly when new runs will be starting: the change of day. When you did old school FoV, did you just hang around idling in the zone after completing a regime, waiting for the next day to start? This is the same thing. Even if you personally have a bunch of other stuff you could be doing in the game, at any given time there will be over 300 people idling in Jeuno on Cerberus and if even a fraction of them say "hey, maybe I could haul my pink ass to WoE for a little while", this event will be just fine.

As for the agony of random number generation, there's no rush here unless of course everybody gets all their weapons done, which is why I want to keep the drop rates as they are. You think people are going to get bored with a grindy event that is straightforward even if agonizingly slow? Are we playing the same game? Did the first 7 years of FFXI just not exist?

So 5 Advancement, 5 Birth, 5 Decay, 5 Glory and 5 Ruin? Most of which are wasted since you either got the weapons already or don't plan on doing them?

Something like that. Advancement's obviously Rev Fists and Birth will be Daka, but I can't decide whether to use Glory for Tobi or Maschu. WAR's 60, but who cares?

I finished my Decays for Hiradennotachi and am now 1/30 on Decays towards getting Jishnu's Radiance or perhaps Torcleaver. I don't even know what the weapons are called. My RNG is level 18 and my DRK is 22.

I have not before been interested in playing either RNG or DRK, but between book-burning and effectively dinging into the second-best weapon in the game for either of those jobs, this would be a one-week investment on my part if I change my mind.

http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/deal-with-it
    (0)
    Last edited by scaevola; 09-23-2011 at 11:54 PM.
    tandava crackows + chocobo jig + animated flourish = prouesse ring

Character
    Shuffles
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Ok so you are saying do one a day, with getting a coin maybe 50% of the time, that would take 300 days to possibly get 30 coins, that is 10 months. Ya that is not overkill to get a ws. And as I said, this content will be long dead by then. I don't think anyone is insane to do something as stupid as that to get a weaponskill. Fact is within that year this game may not even be around for all we know.
    (2)

Page 11 of 41 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast