Thread: Rdm fix coming?

Player

Rdm fix coming?

dear devs and/or community reps,
    I've been playing rdm since the game came out on ps2 in north america, i played rdm every single raid, did everything possible a rdm could do, but i find lately that i haven't even taken my rdm out to play in nearly 1year. while rdm was once one of SE "favorites" we've gone to being marginally useful.
    While we do have more powerful forms of slow, paralyze and blind, they are only marginally better than their tier1 counterparts, whereas brd's elegy goes from 25% slow to 50% slow, rdm's only goes from 30%-35% and pretty much any other mage job has the ability to throw out a capped slow1. And while i do appreciate addle agaisnt mage jobs where have our enfeebling magics been? gravity 2, slow 3, paralyze 3, blind 3, dia 4, bio 4 ( i know not technically enfeeb mag), poison 3, bind 2, diaga 2, dispel 2, sleep 3, disease/virus, curse (although might be considered dark magic), amnesia.
    I realize some of those spells might be a bit much (sleep 3), but others could be worked in really cool ways, like dispel2 either removing multiple buffs based off of skill or removing a single and making it so the monster can't reapply it for 30-60secs, something like that.
    The one spell we did get temper, and the whole rdm community probably agrees is crap, sure 5% DA is nice little boost, but it's pretty insignificant when other jobs have that as a trait or can AoE JA it for up to 5x the effect (cor). I would be much more accepting of it IF I COULD CAST IT ON A PARTY MEMBER... i mean is casting 5% DA that broken that if i cast it on someone else the game will crash? either up it alot or allow us to cast it on others.
    One thing i would also really like is a saboteur (which is a great help but i'd like it to also bypass NM resists) like ability for enhancing magic, while we do have composure that extends duration, i'd like to see something that increases potency that can be used once every 5mins or allows single target buffs to be cast on others. maybe the addition of a few spells like stoneskin2, aquaveil2, blink2, new spikes, bar-debuffs2, bar-doom/death, phalanx3, protect6, shell6, and toss in some enspell3s that u can cast on others.
    Also since jobs all seem to be getting 2hr specific spells/abilities, two ideas for rdm would Debilate, costs 20% of mp, casts every debuff learnt on the mob, and Empower, casts an assortment of buffs on target player (haste, prot5, shell5, aquaveil, stoneskin, blink, enspell of the current day, fire spikes, refresh2, regen2, temper, phalanx)
    Anyways hopefully some of the suggestions get taken into consideration, i'd be happy with even one or two getting implemented. I think keeping with rdm as a buffer and debuffer would forget the need about not having t5 nukes and cure5!
    and before i hear about it, i don't hate on rdm melee, i got an almace for my rdm, and can do 3k WS, so i don't feel rdm needs a boost in melee, i remember having issues breaking 500dmg with savage blade...

ps: implement this stuff and i won't even cry about the cure5 scroll in my mh!
    (0)

Character
    Rayik
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 95
    Pretty much everything you mentioned has been discussed, at length, in other threads on this forum, including some responses from the Devs.
    (3)
    Last edited by Rayik; 09-22-2011 at 01:30 AM.
    I believe it's entirely possible to promote ideas and feedback without resorting to screaming matches, troll-fests, or unnecessary self-aggrandizement with heavy-handed condescension. SE is much more likely to listen to reasonable posts rather than screaming matches. Speak like an adult, if you wish to be treated like one.