Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Character
    Jager
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 90

Phoenix, I summon you!

Yes, Rebirth Flame, a wealthy 2hour ability every SMN will use in time of need. Fire damage on enemies and Raisega. Who's with me?
    (0)
    "I find bliss in ignorance. Less I hear the less you'll say. But you'll find that out anyway."
    - Linkin Park (Dedicated to all the trolls and flamers out there)

I like that, its not overpowering and could be used when things are going bad.
    (0)

I think this would be a wonderful summon! For Phoenix to be fully summonable though, she would need to have some complimentary abilities:

Rebirth Flame: Medium fire damage to all enemies in AOE and a Raisega 2 effect to all currently KO'd party members
    Flame Lash: light fire damage to a single enemy
    Blazing Barrier: AOE Blaze Spikes + Protect 1
    Undying Spirit: Curaga 1
    Phoenix Down: Raise 1 to single party member
    Phoenix Flame: Medium fire damage to enemies in AOE range
    Unwavering Soul: Curaga 2
    Flare: BLM Ancient Magic

So anyone have anything better ^^;; These are my stray thoughts at work so please forgive.
    (0)

Player
    I'd rather stick to the story and have Phoenix stuck in a staff, with the suggested pacts replacing WS.
    (0)

Character
    Skylarky
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by RayneShock View Post
    I think this would be a wonderful summon! For Phoenix to be fully summonable though, she would need to have some complimentary abilities:

Rebirth Flame: Medium fire damage to all enemies in AOE and a Raisega 2 effect to all currently KO'd party members
    Flame Lash: light fire damage to a single enemy
    Blazing Barrier: AOE Blaze Spikes + Protect 1
    Undying Spirit: Curaga 1
    Phoenix Down: Raise 1 to single party member
    Phoenix Flame: Medium fire damage to enemies in AOE range
    Unwavering Soul: Curaga 2
    Flare: BLM Ancient Magic

So anyone have anything better ^^;; These are my stray thoughts at work so please forgive.
    I actually like this idea extremely, could see a few tweaks to BPs and maybe add one more high level one, but would definitely like to see something along these lines.
    (1)

Character
    Hideka
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    definate yes. its time smn got some decent loving. id love to see smn popping out a sick looking phoenix and raping things with overpowered fire stuff.
    (1)

Character
    Ziyyigotipyigo
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 1
    Pay attention to the Chains of Promathia storyline more. Phoenix is... not really available, and I'm not just talking game mechanics.
    (0)

Character
    Eerica
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    It can become available for the very simple reason it's a phoenix. Whatever happens to her, she's bound to come back at some point.
    The storyline of her quest could well be tied to CoP and have us find a way to bring her into our world again. Of course Curbuncle will be involved telling you to basically visit almost every zone of the world as usual for some CS.
    And she'd be light based, despite using fire. We already have a fire based Avatar and we could really use a stronger light one. Think of it as holy fire or something.
    I like the previously posted BPs ideas! But instead of Flare I'd like her to have a breath attack, something like "Scorching breath" or something that does fire damage in the classic breath area of effect. It'd be tricky to use but at least would be something different.
    Also change Protect into Protect and Shell, akin to Carby's Shining Ruby but stronger. Also "Radiant wings" could be Curaga + Regenga.
    If we gotta do this, let's do it the way it should be I say xD
    (1)

Character
    Ziyyigotipyigo
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Imakun View Post
    It can become available for the very simple reason it's a phoenix. Whatever happens to her, she's bound to come back at some point.
    To see what was involved in getting that to happen the first time, rewatch the cutscenes for "The Pursuit of Paradise" in Pso'Xja.

To see why Phoenix's going away is fundamentally different this time, rewatch the cutscenes for "A Fate Decided" in the Grand Palace of Hu'Xzoi. Hint: notice anything different about Selh'teus at this point?

To see another example of a game where Phoenix was really, really, really gone, ala Uncle Ben Parker, see Final Fantasy VI.
    (0)

I'm a bit fuzzy on this, but aren't the avatar's a "little piece of power" granted by the avatar's from within the protocrystals? (If I recall the name correctly.)

There could be a way where a little piece of Phoenix's powers could be obtained by Summoners to use. But I'm not that far with the story line yet so I have no idea what happens to Phoenix, only just started doing the missions of the nations.
    (0)
    Last edited by Aerius; 03-14-2011 at 07:51 AM.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast