Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Character
    Cabalabob
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99

EX Staff weapons skills for whm only?

I dunno about anyone else but it rly annoys me how WHM, a job that has club as its main weapon, gets access to the EX staff weapon skills (earth crusher, sunburst, cataclysm) instead of jobs such as smn blm and sch who main staff! since the level cap rise so many subs are better for smn now like rdm for refresh or sch for storm spells yet i find so that i can do the staff triggers for NMs in abyssea i'm still stuck /whm. I really think smn and other jobs that main staff should get access to these weapon skills so we can explore other subjob options.

edit: by WHM only i mean as a mage job, i'm aware PLD MNK ect. get it aswell ets club PLD gets even so why should they get it over the jobs who use staff as their main weapon, and get staff as their relic/mythic/empyrean?
    (0)
    Last edited by Cabalabob; 03-11-2011 at 07:30 AM.

Player
    They are lovely WS, but SE just knows that those WS are suicide when used by a SMN, BLM or SCH. Solve the hate issue and SE will probably let you have the new toy (see my AOE thread).
    (0)

Yea, I hate that. Who has magian DD staffs? SMN, SCH, BLM. Who has EX staff WSes? WHM.

I think that specifically SMN, who has no spells whatsover, should be proficient in staff WSes. In fact I think it should get the same treatment as DNC, having extra accuracy traits since it has no spells, just their staff and a pet.
    (0)

Character
    Jager
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 90
    WHM might have been given the exclusive weaponskills because it is a base job who's main offense was decided to be their weapon. A BLM, SMN, and SCH in terms of offense was either elemental spells or the summons.

But it is still mind-boggling why certain jobs have a high skill in a weapon but do not get the exclusive weaponskills in that weapon. I've yet understood the reasoning why certain job types (mage-based, melee-based, ranged-based, or combination of) are given the certain spells and ex weaponskills they were given. Right now I can say the only solution to that is sub Paladin, Warrior, Monk, or White Mage you melee mages out there.
    (0)
    "I find bliss in ignorance. Less I hear the less you'll say. But you'll find that out anyway."
    - Linkin Park (Dedicated to all the trolls and flamers out there)

Character
    Sargent
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    I would agree, would be nice to have more mage jobs with native access to red proc weaponskills. I don't wanna have to sub whm to do it.
    (0)
    SMN99/SAM99/DNC99/PLD99/THF99
    Summoning magic skill: 545
    Hvergelmir 90

can sub monk XD
    (0)

Player
    /WAR is more useful.
    (0)

PLD sounds like the only real option though, since you probably want cures if you are up front (and don't trust other mages to cover you)
    (0)

Character
    Jager
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 90
    I re-evaluated why certain jobs had high skills in a weapon but not the exclusive weaponskills. I figured this relates to SE's desire for players to experiment in different job combinations. You may want to sub RDM or SCH for the refresh options, but in some situations, like trigger procs, you should sub a job so you can have access to those weaponskills.

It does limit options, but SE didn't want players to be stuck subbing the same subjob because of its best effect(s).
    (0)
    "I find bliss in ignorance. Less I hear the less you'll say. But you'll find that out anyway."
    - Linkin Park (Dedicated to all the trolls and flamers out there)

if you really wanna do some dmg . . . . just saying to get more use out of using summoner to its fullest go /sam >.> i know i know it sounds bad. But i do it in abyssea all the time i can do retribution for 700-1.2k and my pet does about 3k but i don't take a min to build up tp. It dont give you access to ex skill but still its amazing dmg from smn if you have kirins pole
    (0)
    Last edited by jeffanddane; 03-14-2011 at 09:04 AM.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast