Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    Character
    Jager
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 90
    Looking at it in a storyline view. Don't forget the "Devivification" Abysseans suffer for traversing to Vana'diel.
    Quote Originally Posted by http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/A_Goldstruck_Gigas/Plot_Details
    Ragemont: In crossing over to this world, residents of Abyssea suffer from a phenomenon wherein their strength is halved.
    "Devivification," 'tis called, though the exact science of it remains beyond our fathoming.
    The idea of alternate Phoenixes and Bahamuts and their "strength" being halved doesn't appeal to me.
    (0)
    "I find bliss in ignorance. Less I hear the less you'll say. But you'll find that out anyway."
    - Linkin Park (Dedicated to all the trolls and flamers out there)

Character
    Taliesn
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    I've been hoping we'd get Phoenix for a long time, it's one of my favourite summons in the FF franchise. As far as her being a normal or 2hr avatar I'd be happy with either but considering Phoenix has always been an avatar to only show up for one attack I'd say it'd more likely be a 2hr avatar. I'd like to see her have an ability that raises dead members -without weakness- & maybe gives a reraise effect with the same bonus as well as recovering HP (maybe MP, TP & timers to or with other bonuses like a strong regen/ refresh/ regain depending on how generous SE wants to be lol).

@ Ziyyigo

It is in a Phoenix's nature to resurrect no matter how it dies it remains immortal (those terms sound strange next to each other but you know what I mean lol) with regards to reviving dead avatars & disentangling two entities it's been done in FFXI story line already under the same treat of total annihilation -because lets face it what in FF isn't done under the threat of total annihilation?- think of Fenrir in the Windurst story line. Also the Phoenix appears in a few cultures mythologies under various names & in some after the Phoenix dies she leaves behind an egg that hatches into a new bird so SE could easily exploit this subtle difference to make a story line in which while the Phoenix from CoP is lets say busy with other errands the summoner could find & hatch the new Phoenix egg. Besides if nothing else they could easily just make something new up Some of the explanations in other story lines have been so flimsy it really wouldn't be so detrimental to the pride of SE to just go "Phoenix was gone & now she's back, the end!" lol. Some people are going to QQ about whatever SE does just like people have been & we are QQ at not having her.
    (0)

Character
    Eerica
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Let's not forget the feather we see floating at the end of the last CoP CS.
    Also I'd say that if we got Odin and Alexander from a storyline point of view, we can get anything. Although I don't think Bahamut will be an option in the future. Phoenix we haven't seen yet, but Bahamut is just too big. It would require an alternate version of him, something like Bahamut Zero or something which would feel a bit random to me.
    (0)
    Last edited by Imakun; 03-15-2011 at 07:39 PM.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4