Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
    Character
    Voldermolt
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Let's get something straight here. The only reason we've had it so good with cheap spell prices in this new era is because EVERYONE was/is doing Abyssea. Never before could we say that, that an entire server was doing Dynamis. Or Limbus. Or Sky. Etc. Abyssea is over with now. If people want cheap spells then EVERYONE needs to do WoE, Voidwatch, and the new BCs. If you don't do these then you give up your right to complain. You either pay up or don't.

Quote Originally Posted by katiekat View Post
    LL boots and EMP pin went RX because gilsellers were manupalising the nms both items were selling for well over 1mil on my server. so SE made RX items so you know people could camp the items and i don't know achely use them at an early level
    This has always been hogwash. RMT never went after lottery NMs because their pop couldn't be predicted and most of them had huge spawn areas like Emp and Lizzy. They stuck to stuff like Mee Deggi which was a sure thing with 4 or 5 of them at the camp. And since people took the stance of "RMT are there, I'll never claim it" they dominated the Mee and Domi camps for years.

Try seeing how long you stay in business trying to farm popular lottery NMs where you may never get a claim when like 5 players were guaranteed to be around camping it 24/7. RMT would be better off farming beehive chips than wasting their time with NMs they can't monopolize.

LL and VE were changed simply because people whined for many years about competing with THFs for claims. Notice I didn't say others, I said THFs. Because that was exactly how it went down. THFs got all the grief. They were considered as low as RMT. Until they got you your crap with their TH. They were your best friend. Then they went back to being as low as RMT.

And the presumption that only RMT raises prices on stuff didn't help. SE decided to move a bunch of popular drops RMT monopolized to BCs and replaced them with ex drops. They just happened to figure it was a good chance to knock out two birds with one stone: RMT and NM whiners.
    (1)

Regular "John" Doe
    - Not on the Community Team

Character
    Buffy
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Luvbunny View Post
    I hope this new trend of going back to the 2003-2005 years will not last, if it does, time to vote with your wallet and cancel the subscription. I play the game casually and for fun, it's nice with aby since you are always being rewarded regardless, wether it is xp, random seals, sellable pop items, decent gears that will tide you over, atma, key items, etc..There is always something to be had, for a short run of play. If this is the new trends where you have to spend hours and hours and hours for no return, then all I can say is "go to hell SE and you are not getting any money from me" heh heh
    I'm exceptionally happy that the game is getting harder. Abyssea is boring - bring on the pain.
    (1)

Quote Originally Posted by Vold View Post
    Let's get something straight here. The only reason we've had it so good with cheap spell prices in this new era is because EVERYONE was/is doing Abyssea. Never before could we say that, that an entire server was doing Dynamis. Or Limbus. Or Sky. Etc. Abyssea is over with now. If people want cheap spells then EVERYONE needs to do WoE, Voidwatch, and the new BCs. If you don't do these then you give up your right to complain. You either pay up or don't.
    Once the mass influx of getting jobs 90-95 ends then there will be less people in abyssea. This means less pop sets appearing on the AH, which means prices going up. Anyone not wanting/able to do VW/WoE/HKCNM should go to farming these pop sets to make cash, then buy the scrolls from the AH.

Either way, there needs to be less Q.Qing.
    (1)

Character
    Rearden
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 1
    Any word on if they fixed the new scrolls issue?
    (0)

Character
    Dreamin
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    There's a difference between content that is challenging (hard) and drop that is extremely rare (hard to get). Content that is hard should have appropriate reward. But when reward is not based on work/challenge but rather the 'hard to get' as in how lucky is your random number generator, then things are out of touch.

Especially now no one will do any other fluxes but 7/9/11 (at least on my server) and those are almost always capped with people.
    (2)

Character
    Siiri
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Even some Blue gartr regulars are complaining now about spells. Page 58 of the WOE thread there, poor drop rate in HKC battles and WOE. At the very least take out spells below level 91 from WOE. I get valor minuet V every other run.
    (0)

This is where XIV wins big time.

Spells are learned as you level up.
    (5)

Character
    Camiie
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    I joke with my LS that the only mage job I can afford to get all the spells for is BLU. Thing about humor is, there's usually a tinge of truth to it.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Siiri View Post
    Even some Blue gartr regulars are complaining now about spells. Page 58 of the WOE thread there, poor drop rate in HKC battles and WOE. At the very least take out spells below level 91 from WOE. I get valor minuet V every other run.
    Now I've heard everything. Time to get ready for 2012 and the Mayan prophecy.

In any case, not matching initial demand with the appropriate supply of scrolls was very poorly played this time around. Any rationale by S-E developers can't possibly justify it now any more than it could be justified in '05-'06 during the last reign of inflation.
    (1)
    Last edited by Hayward; 09-25-2011 at 01:08 PM.
    Hayward: Cerberus-San d'Oria

5/5 +1: Cirque [4/5], Tantra [4/5], Ferine [4/5], Estoqueur's [1/5], Sylvan, Navarch's [1/5], Savant's, Orison [1/5], Charis [2/5]

5/5 +2: Creed, Caller's, Unkai, Iga, Raider's, Lancer's, Mavi, Ravager's, Goetia, Bale, Aoidos'

Character
    Mystina
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Malacite View Post
    This is where XIV wins big time.

Spells are learned as you level up.
    This is hardly a reason that it would win, it's like a small sprinkle on a cake. you won't notice it's there nor will it make the cake any better.

I don't really so much mind the scolls as it's the abysmal drop rate on them. all this does is make the greedy people who get them happier. it's pretty sad when the main scrolls you get is crap like blizzard 5 fire 5 and migiwari ichi
    (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by Soranika View Post
    Rajas ring is as outdated as Tamas ring at this point.
    -_-....

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast