Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
    Character
    Zarchery
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Xellith View Post
    yea ppl are goiing to be doing walk of echos for a long time for those scrolls with people like you around ^^
    I sure hope so. It would be unfair to make doing these fights the only possible way to get your hands on the new scrolls. It reminds me of the old days when people were complaining about the cost of Leaping Boots and Emperor Hairpin, asking that they be made Rare/Ex. This always struck me as unfair, because it takes away the option of just finding gil on your own and buying this stuff, rather than camping the NMs.

Personally, I think half a million gil is about the most I'm willing to shell out for a spell. I'm probably gonna spend a month utilizing any of the dozen ways to make gil, and fatten my wallet whilst waiting for the price to come down.
    (0)

Character
    Tedra
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Runespider View Post
    You have to realise though that some people just don't have the knowledge, contacts or ability to do this stuff, if that was not the case +1 and +2 would not still be a rarity.
    This or maybe having friends who don't get along with each other. Often folks will do things with you personally but won't if you include folks they don't like. Now if that is a lot of folks on your friend list it can be a challenge. I would say maybe try to organize it outside of close friends maybe even ask on a couple of forums. Organize a small static with the goal of all members getting what they need. These days I tend to find like minded folks to static stuff with since many of my friend list don't get along. Some do but not a lot of them.

Also about those plus 2 some folks don't have them because they lost the majority of the rolls. If several people are rolling on the same plus2 items it can take a very long time to collect enough, especially now when so many have finished and the demand has gone down. I would not paint all plus2 equally maybe folks had to level chore jobs and are still gearing those jobs they were compelled to level to be included in any content.
    (0)
    Last edited by Neonii; 09-22-2011 at 09:42 PM.

Character
    Tanzaw
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    So glad I don't have to buy any scrolls this update...

-Temper sucks since it's self target.
    -Holy I/II is a waste of MP. Only time I even cast Holy I is stagger/trying to steal killshot.
    -Been hoarding Blizzard/Fire V since last update for my sch. And I have months before the next level cap increase for Thunder V to drop in price...
    -Kaustra/Embrava are free from an NPC.
    -My BLM is an Automaton. Who gets Thunder V. For free.
    -Don't have BLM so Blizzaja/Comet? </no> <problem>

But about the OP's original post; lol. Just do the content. WOEs is easy now since you aren't fighting people for items. Everyone gets a private treasure pool seperate from everyone else.
    (0)

Character
    Gallus
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Should the scrolls be npc sold? Hell no. Why? Because it forces everyone into doing the content and it drives the price on the new gear that drops from the same sources way down. Watch; all the sellable stuff this update will plummet in price at a record pace. Almost all of the new items have 5+ listings on the AH so far.
    (1)

Character
    Icepop
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    On my server last night there were 700 pp in Woe zone Waiting for a Flux Access . Se will Learn there Lesson come Friday an Saturday when All Kids are off school. an there over 2k pp in zone Fishing for Dam Scroll Hope we Crash Server then they learn.
    (0)

Character
    Katiekat
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    LL boots and EMP pin went RX because gilsellers were manupalising the nms both items were selling for well over 1mil on my server. so SE made RX items so you know people could camp the items and i don't know achely use them at an early level
    (2)
    am dyslexic and have a learning disablement from when i died as a baby and sustained brain damage do to lack of oxygen pleas pardon my bad spelling and grammar

Character
    Mahoro
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Icepop View Post
    On my server last night there were 700 pp in Woe zone Waiting for a Flux Access . Se will Learn there Lesson come Friday an Saturday when All Kids are off school. an there over 2k pp in zone Fishing for Dam Scroll Hope we Crash Server then they learn.
    On my server there are a constant 40+ people in WoE now. As far as I'm concerned, SE accomplished their objective in getting people to do WoE, and I certainly don't fault them for it. What was one of the biggest complaints over WoE? Besides drop rate of coins, the fact that the gear was mostly sidegrade and/or worthless. SE's solution: put worthwhile stuff in WoE. I had a great time fighting with 20-25 people in a flux last night. With auto-RR and less lag, it felt like Campaign 2.0.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Tsukino_Kaji View Post
    Determination cannot make up for the lack of manpower if said individual cannot aquire it though. lol
    Can't design all MMO content around solo players, dawg.
    (2)

Character
    Erecia
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 90
    The problem is that, with prices of everything around 3-5 mil, you'd have to be a total 'tard not to sell the scrolls even if you did the content. The supply is so restricted that learning the spell instead of selling it feels sort of like eating a Fabergé egg.
    (1)

Well it's the same as selling Perle/Aurore/Teal gear the first week or two after Visions was released. I made millions of gil off of people who didn't bother trying to figure out how to accumulate cruor, and then just went and bought my own with cruor when the AH prices tanked.
    (3)

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast