Thread: Heavy Strike

Character
    Mefuki
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99

Heavy Strike

Ok, I know there are a few topics about this already but I have an idea to fix this spell. I posted it in the Test Server Feedback topic but just so it can be easier for the reps to see it, I want to repost it here:

"We already do very well against normal monsters. We can spam Delta Thrust, we can use CA-->Savage Blade--->Goblin Rush on every other or every third mob and, if fighting multiple monsters, finish one off with BT while getting the next prepared for combat.

There's a kind of thought process that SE should be going through when releasing new BLU spells and when applied to Heavy Strike would look something like:

Who's the target of the spell? Your opponent.

Physical or magical? Physical.

Does it have additional effects? No.

Is it conal or AoE? No, neither.

Any unqiue mods or properties? Well, it's got a 75% STR mod and it autocrits.

Ok, so by this point we've firmly established that this spell is for our physical DD role. That's all it does. However, this is where the reasoning breaks down a bit. We already do very well against normal monsters, so obviously it shouldn't be made for them.

What would you use it on/when would you use it? With those mods, it'd be perfect on high level NMs. Excellent, that's exactly what I want to see, a spell that fills a niche that's missing from one of our roles. But, wait, now we're doing too much damage to regular monsters, so reduce it's accuracy. A lot.

So, now we have a spell that was designed to be used on high level NM's but with accuracy so bad, it can't land reliably on an NM designed for the 90 cap at level 95 and using sushi. I understand wanting to limit the damage done to regular monsters for the sake of game balance as well as balance between our other physical spells but I feel reducing accuracy was the wrong way to do it.

As a fix, I propose that the accuracy of Heavy Strike should be commensurate with the target's level. The higher the target's level, the greater it's innate accuracy. This way, it can still maintain it's niche function while still keeping things on an even footing with the other jobs as well as our other physical DD spells."

I was just recently doing some casts in my usual gear. I was missing 2, very occasonally, 3 times in a row on DC Gargouille. DC.

Obviously, there was something about HS that SE didn't like which warranted a signifigant accuracy penalty so maybe with this, we can find some middle ground.

Does anyone else have any other suggestions that would be a better suited adjustment? Maybe we can reach a consensus that all of the BLU community can be pleased with.
    (0)

Character
    Tashan
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    You already posted this
    (0)

Reduce or get rid of the penalty incurred after setting blue magic spells.
    The concept is that you acquire blue magic spells via learning and then you can change battle strategies by picking and choosing spells within the blue magic spell points and set limitations. If you were able to change spells freely, the whole battle strategy aspect would be lost, so we have no plans to remove/reduce the penalty.

Character
    Prothescar
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    You couldn't have posted it in one of the billion other heavy strike threads that already exist, which you've already acknowledged the presence of?
    (0)